Chen x Amber #1

Amber Oneshots: SM Town Edition

A/N: And she livesss! Hello everyone, I'm finally back. I feel so terrible for neglecting my oneshots and other stories >< but I would like to remind you all that I don't update regularly because of...life and this terrible thing called writer's block xD There will be times when I won't even log onto AFF for a few weeks. That said, thank you all for staying with me! It makes me want to cry seeing that I'm still receiving subbies even though I don't even update on a regular basis. 


Amber rolled up into a ball while clutching a pillow to her chest. She sat there, in the middle of her bed, for a couple minutes, taking in the silence of the night. She glanced over to her left where her closet door was wide open. 

'Oh shoot, I swear that was closed a few minutes ago,' she mentally panicked. She continued starring into the pitch black closet. Her paranoia made it feel like the darkness was closing in on her. And she was sure if she squinted hard enough she could make out a figure of some demonic figure was lurking, waiting for the right moment to jump scare her. 

'Nope, nope, not today.' Amber tried to rid herself of any unnessassary thoughts, turning away from the closet. 

The sound of the door clicking open startled her, causing her to fall to her side with her back facing the door. She shut her eyes in attempt to pretend to be asleep. A male stood at the doorway, a smirk forming on his lips at the sight of the curled up girl. 

"What happened to, 'Don't worry I won't get paranoid,'? " he asked. 

That calm, yet playful voice somewhat eased her nerves for a brief second. 

Amber quickly sat up to defend herself. "I'm not paranoid! I just can't fall asleep at the moment. You know, just not tired yet." 

"You don't say?" he chuckled. 

"Yo, Jongdae, admit that you're at least a little bit paranoid." 

"If it makes you feel better, yes, I am a little bit paranoid," he sarcastically replied. 

"At least make it sound like you're telling the truth." Amber rolled her eyes. "What do you want anyway?" 

"Nothing in particular. Just checking up on you." 

"Yeah, right." She fell back onto her side. "If you're done checking up on me, you can go back to sleep."

"Fine." Jongdae shut the door behind him, and then made his way to Amber's bed. 

"Uh, what are you doing?" Amber raised a brow.

"Going to sleep. Scoot over." Jongdae shooed her over to one side of the bed to make room for himself. He fluffed a pillow for his head, tucked himself under the sheets, and sighed in content. "Alright, good night." 

Amber remained silent. She could've whined about him taking up her space or forcibly pushed him off the bed, but she didn't. She knew why he did what he did. 

Deep down she wanted him to stay with her for he night because sleeping on her own would be impossible. If he had asked her if she wanted him to sleep with her she would definitely refuse and that would be the end of it. Instead, without saying a word, he insisted in staying because that would be the easiest way around her stubborness. 

"How is it that you know me so well?" Amber wondered out loud. 

"Well, of course I know you. We've known each other since we were kids," he answered. 

That's right. They've known each other for almost half their lives. Many of their first experiences were spent together. The first time to the zoo, first time road tripping, that nervous first day of junior high. Whatever it was, their emotions were shared. 

Amber smiled at the thought of many more firsts that they'll be sharing togeher. 

"Hey, that movie was really scary, right?"

"Yes, yes, it was scary."