startling the duck from the pond and scaring the squirrel from the tree

My Dream Boy?

"Ah! You waited!" Gongchan beambed as we sat on the stage they had just been stood on 15 minutes ago. He's so bright, but at the same time... so shy... how?
"You were great!" ChaeYun almost shouted
"Thank you~" They all said in unison as they also bowed. MiRi scoffed and said "You look like an idol band, so stiff." MiSa elbowed her in her ribs, causing her to double over clutching at the area. 
"Was there anything you wanted anyway?"
"We wanted you to play for us!" Sandeul said cheerfully.
"What? Why?" MiRi said, slightly softer, I have a feeling that she slightly likes Sandeul...
"Well, you already have your instruments, and the drumkit is still set up, so why not?"
"One moment!" We said and huddled, turning our back on the B1A4 boys.
"Should we do it? I wanna play for Sandeul." ChaeYun asked in a hushed whisper
"I don't see why not." MiSa answered
"What if they steal our song? And use it for the showcase?" MiRi accused
"Come on now, they aren't Shorty Cat, it'll be fine, and plus, as ChaeYun said, she'd like to play for her brother." I assured
"Only 'cos you have a crush on their drumm-!" MiRi snapped, slightly too loud, so I jumped at her and grabbed , which she , so I moved my hands to her face, squishing her cheeks together so she resembled a puffer fish. In counter, she grabbed my cheeks and did the same, we were just stood there, telling each other to "LET GO!" our voices muffled by our faces.
We were doing this for a while until we noticed B1A4 staring at us like we're weirdos. We simultaneously let go and sheepishly laughed.
CNU cleared his throat, pushed up his glasses and asked "So. Are you gonna preform?"
"Sure!" I say
"No, we haven't discussed it ye-"
"We have. We are playing."
"MinJi's right. We're playing." MiSa agreed, causing ChaeYun to fist pump the air in excitement.
We got our instruments set up, then noticed that MiRi hadn't joined us, so I got off stage and dragged her on.
"You know I don't want to do this."
"Yes, I know, but I don't care." I said, staring her in eyes "Now get your instrument set up, or I will slap you. Again." 
She huffed and got her keyboard out, she was set up as I finished tuning my bass. I nodded at the others to see if the others were ready. They were.
We started playing and MiSa started singing.

You smile through the snow
I can see it glow...

~~~~~~~~~

Once the final notes were played, the B1A4 boys erupted into applause.
"Wow! Are you gonna play that at the showcase? It's the best!" Sandeul shouted excitably
"Um, no, we only wrote it today so it's not perfected yet."
"YOU WROTE IT TODAY?!" Badeul shouted in unison.
"Uh.. yeah." 
"So as payment, you should play for us too!" ChaeYun said brightly, looking at it, Sandeul and ChaeYun are really similar, in personality and looks.
"Sure sure!" Sandeul replied and ran to set up his keyboard, the other followed after him at a more slow and calm rate.
As they were tuning up, MiRi asked me "How are you so sure that they won't steal it?"
"Trust MiRi, get some." I replied, then she huffed and walked away to sit on a sofa near the stage.
"We're ready." Baro said, gaining our attention towards them, and began playing a different song to what they were playing when we walked in. It was more calming, and something to listen and relax to instead of dance around to, but it seemed still in their style.
Looked at it alone lalala I liked it by myself lalala
How do they write lyrics so well? How do they make the notes all perfect and tie it all together so well? They must have spent ages...
I miss you, your eyes, your nose, your lips
Baro's rapping skills are very cool, and Deul's voice is so powerful even when he's singing softly, I wish I could be as good as either of them, and their playing instruments as well.
Every day every say
I walk with you along the streets, walk with you, walk with you
If we could walk together again, if we would walk together (It'll be nice)

The bass line is so complex, it must of taken years for CNU to master being able to play like this... I wanna be this good! Wahhh~ It's so inspiring to watch a band this amazing play just for you...
Walking along the streets that doesn't have you
Taking a car that doesn't have you

Wow, I've never seen a band so in time so much. Gongchan's timing is really spot on, they're all so in sync with him, we, as a band, have trouble keeping in time with ChaeYun, but it's O.K, we still have time to become as great as them.
I wanted to go back to you but you're not around
No matter how much I call out for you but now you're not around
We're nothing anymore, really nothing anymore

How do they make such a range of sounds? Is it just Jinyoung? Is it overlay-ed, on a effects pedal? Or is it just skill? This band is like on another level..
Baby I just wanna spend some time with you
Baby I just wanna spend some time with you

Without realizing, this song is quite... sad, I mean, the melody is calm and has a slight melancholy feel, but remembering the lyrics, it's quite sad...
Lonely lonely lonely boy...
Is it over? It's over already? I don't want it to be over, I liked it too much. Can they play it again? I want them to play it again...
Because I was too deeply mouring that the song was over, I was slightly late in clapping in time with the others, which was what pulled me out of my mental pout, but I clapped loudly, making the others laugh at me and shake their heads in second-hand embarrassment.
"How are you so good?!" I almost shouted, even making myself blush slightly, as well as B1A4 who gave out a shy laugh.
"Ah... we...we still have a way to go, and we still need to practice." Jinyoung said in the most embarrassed voice i think he could even manage, but it seemed genuine.
"Pah, don't try and be humble, we can see that you obviously think you're gods gift."
"MiRi!" Happy Crisis yelled as one "Stop being so rude!" We said, picked her up on our shoulders and carried her to the corner.
"Stay! You've been bad!" MiSa yelled at her, barely hiding her amusement in her eyes
"You can leave when you've thought about your actions!" ChaeYun added
"Naughty! You stay in the Naughty Corner! Wait 5 minutes before you can attempt at apologizing!" I finished
MiRi was mad.
Really mad. 
Her face was going red, and her eyebrows were scrunched up, mainly because we were doing this in front of B1A4, also because she knew if she left, we would make her do am even more horrid and humiliating forfeit if she moved. 
Sure that we were safe, we slowly reversed to a group of boys who were both shocked and close to having a fit of laughter on the floor.

"Need to learn how to do that..." I heard Jinyoung mutter, which made me laugh, he gave me a wide eyed look as he was shocked I over heard him. To signal it was O.K, I gave it a thumbs up. 
In the corner, MiRi was crouched away from us, with a violent aura surround her. "Is the time up?" I heard her grumble angrily
"One more minute!" ChaeYun shouted. MiRi groaned and continued to sulk for another minute.

"Are you ready to apologize?"
"Sorry Jinyoung, sorry B1A4...." 
"LIKE YOU MEAN IT!!"
"HOW AM I MEANT TO SAY SOMETHING I DON'T MEAN LIKE I MEAN IT?!"
"MiRi..." I warned
"Fine... Jinyoung, B1A4... I am truly sorry for being rude and bashing you, I guess... I guess i'm just jealous..."
"..."
"WAHHH~ MIRI IS SO CUTE WHEN SHE'S BLUSHING!!" BaDeul burst out, causing MiRi to blush deeper and whack only Baro on the head.
"Why only me?" He whined, Sandeul looked around like "o_o"
With all the ruckus, I couldn't help but see Gongchan lent against the wall, most of the sweat was gone now, but his hair was still ruffled and he continuously was flicking it out of his face, his smile was bright as he laughed at the rest of us, he seems like quiet an outsider, a chic person who chooses those he associates himself with carefully.
I turned around to see that the rest were just chatting...
"Hey,why don't we go get some bubble tea?" I asked, and they all looked at me if i was stupid. "W-What?"
"MinJi... It's 10 at night, no place is gonna be open this late."
"IT'S TEN?! I NEED TO GO!" I shouted, grabbed my bass and started to run home, but once i got out of the alley way, someone called my name, it was Gongchan.
"Minji, i'll walk with you, we live close."
"Do we? How'd you know?"
"The train station... You ran past me too..."
"Oh..."
"It'd be easier to take a bus... If we miss the train, which is in.." He checked his watch "One minute, we'd just have to walk back to the bus stop anyway, why make the trip longer, plus your parents are probably worried." I just nodded and continued to walk with him, in silence.
"So um... what made you... um play music?" He asked awkwardly
"Ah.. um probably... the feeling of happiness I get when I listen to music, I want to replicate that.... You?"
"Ah. um.. same i guess.." and the silence fell again.
"What's the best thing about drumming?"I asked
"It gets your energy out, and your anger. When I feel frustrated I go play, what about bass?"
Oh, this is so awkward...
"I like it cos it can support the rest of the band... yet.. it doesn't want too much attention... The sound is relaxing too."
"That's like what Shinwoo-hyung says..."
"Ah, really?"
"Yeah."  And we arrived at the bus stop.
"Do you like our school?"
"It's aight." I quietly chuckled at his short response, how more awkward could it get.
"Hey.. hey Minji..."Gongchan whispered "Behind us, in the bushes... I think it's Baro-hyung and Sandeullie-hyung." 
"Sandeullie-hyung?"
"Ah.. he-um- asked me to call him that, yep, he asked me..." He lied, hiding his face, trying to shield his face.
"So.. it's effeminately them in the hedge?"
"I'm sure of it." he said
"Well, then there is no harm in jumping out at them." I said, getting up.
I walked to it, Gongchan was whispering something, but i couldn't hear, i swiped the bush away and there was a cute little duck, and staring at me in the tree was a squirrel.
"Is this some kind of joke?" I asked.
"Minji... It's the other bush." Oh, so that's what he was whispering. He gestured with his hand, got on his knees and crawled over to the other bush. Are you kidding? I-I can't I'm wearing a skirt, what if someone walks by, and see's my again, and my knees would get scuffed. How is he even doing that? Wont his trousers get dirty and worn? Without a care, he kept crawling, I sighed and followed.
But to be honest... Not a bad view, not bad at all... hmm? What? No! I'm not lewd! I just... can appreciate what I see when I see it. I'd be lewd if I tried to touch... or said something.
When I reached Chan, He was crouched behind a couple of people who were whisper arguing.
"Stop pushing me!" Sandeul whisper yelled
"Shut up! They'll hear us! Huh? Where'd they go?"
"YAHHHH!!" Me and Chan yelled whilst grabbing their shoulders.
Under our hands, they went stiff with shock, then suddenly both crawled away, into the bush. We stood up and followed them, but over the top instead of through. We were greeted by them cradling each other in their arms.
At the sight, me and Gongchan instantly burst into laughter, whilst in our fit, BaDeul snapped out of it, and were turning red and defensive, but dayum, tears were sprouting from my eyes.
"Wha-.... What were you even doing back there?" Baro asked, he still seemed to be catching his breath from his scare.
"We heard you, pabo hyung!" Gongchan said between his cackles. Gongchan's laugh is funny, like a cute witches.
"Yah! SANDEUL-AH! I TOLD YOU!" Baro yelled, but Deul didn't care, he just waved him off, his hand above his heart.
"Aren't you a bit far from your stop?" I asked, and again, BaDeul stopped, abruptly got up and ran away.
"I.. I think they forgot... haha." Gongchan said, then turned to me with that beautiful glowing smile that leaves me breathless.. woah.
"Oh? Our bus is here!" He said after a few seconds of me staring at him.. a few seconds to long. Oh god. Why is he so perfect?
With my cheeks burning, we made our way to the bus.
once we were on, I realized how tired i was... My eyes started closing and I rested me head on Gongchan's shoulder.

 

a/n

So sorry I haven't posted in a while, but I've actually been in Austria skiing for a week. I should be posting more soon~ c: