Goodbye

My Dream Boy?

Minji POV
(One month later)
It was a couple weeks until we were set to fly to England. I had already packed as soon as the showcase was over. Me and the rest of the members of Happy Crisis had been practicing non stop as well. P.O oppa was still avoiding me. We'd never spent this much time apart before, it was foreign to me, and I did not like it. Not one bit.
"Hey." the girls from Happy Crisis said as they sat next to me and woke me from my daze. It was lunch. 
"Oh, hello."
"Day dreaming again, Minji?"
"Yes. Not that it has much to do with you."
"Wohoho, sassy mcsass sass has arrived."
"Please may I speak with Minji?" A awkward and familiar voice asked. The girls turned and looked slightly shocked. I turned to see the new comers face. It was P.O.

"So you've decided to talk to me now then? Really, it should be the other way round."
"Sorry."
"I can't believe that after all these years that you'd get embarrassed-"
"Look, I said I'm sorry. I just wanted to congratulated you on winning the showcase."
"O-Oh? Oh, thank you."
As he got up to leave, he turned with a big smile, like the ones he used to wear around me. "And don't mess up, yeah?"
Strange kid...

~~~
When I got home, i decided that it would be smart to start packing today. Yes, we weren't leaving until the end of the week, but if I didn't do it now, I'd probably be rushing. 
Ah... what to pack? what to pack...?
Well of course I would need my instruments and such... I wonder what the weather'll be like... I should pack for both rain and sun...
suddenly my phone started vibrating across my desk. A message from P.O?
"Minji-ah, I need to tell ya something, don't let me forget!!"


"What do you want to tell me? Tell me now!" I replied

"Nope, cannot do that, my dear Minji, you must wait~ huhuhuhu!!!"

"But I wanna know now!"
"Nope nope nope! It's top secret for now!"
"But P.O!"
"Too bad, princess" He hadn't called me princess in ages...Another message came through
"I'll tell you Friday"
Sighing because I knew he wouldn't change his mind, I gave up and returned to packing

Friday

"P.O! P.O oppa!" I screamed as I ran up behind him. He had one earphone in and as he turned he slowly took it out of his ear as he flashed me his lopsided smile. 
"Hi Minji!" His voice still seems gruff like he'd not been up long
"Are you gonna tell me now?"
"Minji, you are gonna have to wait a lil' bit longer arraso? Until the end of the day."
"No."
"Bwo?!"
"No. I'm not waiting that long, this week's been hell as it is because of the suspense, and I'm going away tomorrow, what if I miss you?"
"I won't let you miss me, I'll wait at your practice room in the music block, alright?"
Mumbling a reply, I scuffed my shoes as I walked whilst watching them.
"Yah, cheer up." He said but it didn't make the slightest of difference.
~~~
"So, P.O oppa said he needs to tell me something, but he refuses to tell me before the end of the day."
"What do you think it could be?"
"I dunno, he's normally really bad at keeping secrets, especially from me."
"Does Gongchan know?"
"No, why would he?"
"He seems more keen on you lately."
My mind flashed back to our almost kiss... In some ways I want it to happen still, in others I am glad it didn't. I couldn't be bothered with that useless awkwardness at the moment, not with P.O and not with Gongchan, especially if we're meant to be going to England to perform tomorrow.
~~~
15:14
Sitting in our last class, which happened to be music theory, I was watching the seconds tick by until 15:15, when the day ended. Thirty seconds and I'd know what P.O wanted to tell me.
Twenty seconds until the tension of not knowing would be gone.
Ten seconds... five...three, two, one. The sound of the school bell rang through the corridors. "Ok, pack away" The teacher says, and everyone stands up in unison. Almost pushing people out of the way to get to our music room.
The hallway outside the room was empty, I glanced inside, empty. P.O probably isn't out yet. 
I was waiting for a good 10 minutes before P.O appeared.
"So?"
"Ok, if i'm going to tell you, you promise not to get mad?"
"ooookay?" I said, slightly suspicious of what he needed to tell me
"Alright. Well you know that there were a lot of reps at the showcase?"
"Yeah, and?"
"Well there was one from Berklee."
"The music college in America?"
"Yeah, well we, Block B, were offered a scholarship there. Zico said we should take it."
"That's awesome! When are you going?!"
"To-Tomorrow."
"Tomorrow? But- But I'm leaving tomorrow too. I won't be able to say goodbye?"
"No.. I-I check the times and I'm leaving before you, like hours before you. 3:35am."
"How... How long is the scholarship for?"
"A few years. Our family is going too, so we don't have to buy plane tickets back every holiday."
Not only would I be with out P.O oppa, but also Zico, Kyung, Taeil, Ukwon, B-Bomb and Jaehyo oppas too... The tears were threatening to fall.. 
"P.O....." I said weakly
"Minji, I-"
"WHY THE HELL DIDN'T YOU TELL ME BEFORE, YOU IDIOT?! I HAVE TO GO AWAY SAD BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T SAY EARLIER!"
"I-"
"NO! I'M NOT DONE! IT'S NOT LIKE I COULD OF TRIED TO STOP YOU! Aish...P.O pabo..."
"I... I.. Don't think... If I saw the look on your face before now I wouldn't of gone." He said softly "Minji... I love you."
It was as if time had stopped. A mixture of feelings I never knew I had were swirlling around my head and my heart
"What good's that now? I can't go with you"
"Why not? Why can't you?"
"Because I've got family here, P.O. I'm going to England tomorrow too..."
"Well.. I guess that's it then."
"We're still friends. I'll skype you every week."
"I... I don't know if we can carry on like we are, Minji."
"Wh-Why not?"
"Because I love you too much. I can't bear to see you and not have you. I can't bear to see you with someone else."
"Someone else?"
"Don't be stupid, Minji. I've seen the way you and Gongchan look at each other."

 

---

OH MY LORD, I AM SO SORRY. I SAID LIKE ONE MONTH BUT IT TURNED INTO 3/4.

 

 

so, um, how'd you find SOLODAY and HER then?!?
"P.O..."
"And you never said you loved me back."
I did love him. I honestly did. But not in the way he wanted or needed.
"Jihoon... I do love you..."
"But as a brother, I know, I know." He said solomnly "Goodbye Minji."

As he turned and walked away, the tears began to silently fall... I felt hollow, I stood there silently, tears dripping onto the concrete floor. I crouched down into a kneeling position and hugged my knees, staring at nothing.
I'd lost my precious oppa.