NOT THE SOUL!

My Dream Boy?


After passing my new baby  Bass guitar to Baro, I walked outside and down the stairs, cars rushing past under my feet. I ran my hand along the bumpy wall. Half way down, I spotted Gongchan's dark shiny hair. He was sat cross legged on a wall, facing the road. His eyes were focused on his hands, and when I stood in front of him, he barely glanced up at me.
"Gongchan..." I started, but he just turned his head to the side in defiance. What is he? A child? I barely contained my laughter at his actions. "Gongchan, I'm sorry." 
He sat in silence for a while, then he looked up, his eyes were full of anger and jealousy.. mainly jealousy. I walked over to him, and tried to jump up on the wall, but it was just too tall, and I was just too short. I heard a scoff from beside me. I quickly shot a glare to wards him. I stop trying and crossed my arms, then sat on the floor infront of the wall.
"Yah... I'm the one that's meant to be mad..."
"I'll stop being mad if you forgive me."
"Aish... you drive a hard bargain...O.K. Minji, I forgive you." he said begrudgingly.
"To make it up to you even more. I'll take you to a bakery!" at my preposition, his eyes snapped up, and they were shining brightly. "I take that as a 'yes' then."
~~~~~
We ordered our cakes, I had a strawberry cake, and Gongchan had their special carrot cake. 
After a while Gongchan asked "Why don't you call me Oppa too?" 
His question startled me... Why didn't I call him Oppa like the others?
"I dunno, I guess... It's 'cos you never asked." and I've never had the courage to call you it. I thought.
"Well... um... C-call me Oppa!" He wasn't looking at me, just at his cake, and his face was bright pink.
"G-haha-Gongchan.. I mean, Gongchan Oppa! Are you embarrassed? Hahaha." I laughed, and he got even more red, suddenly stood up, but didn't walk away. He started leaning towards me, wh-what was he doing? He.. he wasn't gonna.. no. My face started to blush even brighter than his, and I closed my eyes. 
When I felt no difference. I opened my eyes, to see Gongchan smiling cheekily, and eating something. Looking down I saw that my strawberry was gone, and I hadn't eaten it yet...
I looked up at him in horror. I could feel the tears spiking in my eyes. Slowly Gongchan's smirk fell off his face. 
"M-My s-s-s-strawberry... MY STRAWBERRY! HOW COULD YOU?! IT'S THE SOUL OF THE CAKE! NOW MY CAKES SOULLESS!!" I sighed, and slumped back in my chair. Arms crossed looking out the window to the left of me.
"I can't believe you, Gong Chanshik." I mumbled as he was reaching in his pocket to find something.
"A token of my apologies." He said, when i looked around he had a strawberry in his hand that was stretched out to me. Still mad that i had be subject to his silly prank, i snatched the strawberry out of his hand and got up to walk to the bathroom to wash it. When I got back, Gongchan was staring at me, as if I was a hungry lioness and he was a antelope. I ly placed the strawberry back on my cake and began eating it. Again.
"So... uh.. How did you find this place."
"I work here, I made these cakes."
"BWO?!?! B-BUT THEY'RE DELICIOUS!" He cried, shoving more cake in his mouth
"Why do you seem surprised? Can I not make wonder full cakes such as these? Am I not the type to bake?" I asked coldly, still mad. He suddenly froze, his fork half way to his already full mouth. 
"Well?"
"mhmffhum." He tried to say, but his mouth was too full to be able for him to make any comprehend able words. He stopped and gulped. I couldn't help to chuckle at his silly antics... 
"No, it's just that you never fail to amaze me! First with your bass playing skills then your multilingual-"
"How'd you know I know more than 1 language?"
"I saw it on your door when I dropped you off yesterday, and I just guessed." He said, with a slight hint of aegyo in there.
"Don't." I said simply.
"Don't what?"
"Do your aegyo magic on me."
"Aegyo... magic?" He said, turning his head to the side, humor was seen plainly in his eyes.
"I'm leaving, the others are probably waiting." I said as I got up and waved to my boss as I left, Gongchan following me like a puppy.
After a while, I heard him mumble "Sorry." again.
"For what."
"For tricking you. For making you cry."
"I DID NOT CRY! I DON'T CRY!" I said defensively
"For making you almost cry?"
"I don't almost cry either." I said, softer this time.
"God darn it, Minji, will you just let me apologize?"
"N-ne... sorry." and from that moment on, we walked in silence. It wasn't uncomfortable though, well for me at least, it was nice, like we didn't have to talk. It almost made me forget i was still 'mad' at him.
~~~
When we finally reached the Music Arcade, everyone was busy looking for us.
"WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU TWO BEEN?!"Shouted Jinyoung. I had never seen anyone so angry and red before. It scared me slightly, but I also wanted to laugh. I had a feeling that laughing could be a fatal mistake by the outraged look on Jinyoung's face. Trying to stop my self, I reached for my new bass from Baro.
"C'mon hyung-"
"Don't you DARE 'C'mon' me, Chanshik. You're out of order this time!"
"We only went for cake-" Gongchan started
"CAKE?!" Jinyoung shouted, accompanied by the previously silent Sandeul.
"I-IT WAS MINJI'S IDEA!" Wimp! I thought. Jinyoung turned to me.
"HE STOLE MY STRAWBERRY!! HE STOLE MY CAKES SOUL!" I shouted, making Sandeul, Baro, Chaeyun and Misa to turn to him in horror and disbelief.
"I gave it back!"
"You still took it!" I said, in unison with the others that had been disgusted by Gongchan's behaviour when I brought it up.
"IRRELLEVENT!!" Jinyoung screached "You two were gone for an hour and a half! We searched the whole of the Arcade, even the cinema. Which I had to pay for!"
"Well, we did say Minji probably took him to the cafe at the start, she always apologizes-"
"IRRELLEVENT!!" He screeched again. At which CNU-oppa put his hand on his shoulder and told him to "Calm down." Which actually worked?! And Jinyoung walked away from us, rubbing his temples, heading to the nearest keyboard shop.
"Where's he going?" Chaeyun asked.
"When he's stressed, he plays music best. So he's probably gone to test out some keyboards over there." CNU explained.
~~~
"How long's he gonna be?" I complained, we'd already been stood here for an hour, and my legs were getting stiff.
"Probably the same amount of time you two were gone. So, another half an hour." Gongchan said remorsefully, which caused us Happy Crisis girls to groan in boredom.
"Can we go look at-" Misa started
"No, he'll stay there longer." B1A3 stated, causing us to groan again.
At exactly 1 hour and 30 minutes, Jinyoung returned, and said pridefully "I made a new song!" 
"Bwo?!" I asked 
"In only and hour and a half?" Misa continued
"Are you a God?" Chaeyun finished. At our sentence completion, we simultaneously high-fived each other.
"Yeah, what of it? Can we go now? We need to get Chan's drum kit." Jinyoung said nonchalantly. Wow. This kid.
"Hyung~? Can we hear it first."Sandeul said with failed aegyo, that made everyone wince.
"Only if you promise never to do aegyo again, unless it's perfect. Like Chan's."I snickered at first, but Sandeul seem genuinely hurt by his hyung's attitude, I saw Baro pat him on the back, barely controlling his laughter from Sandeul's aegyo still as we followed Jinyoung to the keyboard shop he entered earlier, like baby ducks following the mother duck.
As he played, I was again stunned with what he had made, the piece was almost flawless, which is an amazing feat for just an hour and a half. I was amazed, and nodded as if in a trance with this kids skills. Despite his flightiness, he was a skilled musician.
When he stopped, everyone, even other people in the shop applauded. "WOW HYUNG! It's amazing!" Baro said, clapping, and for once, he didn't sound cheesy, or fake.
"I'm glad you like it, Baro-yah... Shall we get the drum kit." he said, in comparison of how he was almost 2 hours ago, Jinyoung was practically floating. At his command, we all left the shop, leaving the manager disappointing that we didn't buy anything, after we used his instrument to play on.
~~
It took a while for Chaeyun, Misa and I to convince the B1A4 boys to let us help carry the drum kit, at first, they tried to get us to carry the snare drum between the three of us, laughing at them, Chaeyun picked up two cymbals up and started to leave, Misa picked up two snare drums and I went for the bass drum, only to be stopped by Gongchan.
"I can carry it." I said defiantly
"It's not that... I just wanna carry it... plus you have your bass to carry." he said and pointed at a spare toms no one had yet picked up.
I heaved a great sigh and grumbled "Fine." as I lazily went to pick it up.
"They sell Gongs here too..." I heard Chaeyun say then here eyes widened. "OH MY GOD! HAHAHAHAH, OH MY GOSH!" She started screaming
"What is it Chaeyun-ah?" Sandeul asked
"GONG IS A TYPE OF DRUM! GONGCHAN. GONG. CHAN. GONGCHAN IS A DRUMMER! OH MY GOD, HAHAHA!" Chaeyun was laughing so hard she almost dropped the cymbals. Ever one ,except obviously Gongchan, giggled at her, Gongchan looked around in embarrasment, and started to walk away, as if he didn't know any of us, his face was bright red, and he looked as if he were about to cry. First to stop laughing was Jinyoung and CNU, when Jinyoung realized the maknaes discomfort, and muttered a quiet "." and walked after him.  
"What's up with him?" Chaeyun asked
"He hates that joke, it was replayed too many times when we were young. Chan got bullied alot until he befriended us. He used to cry al- ah, i probably shouldn't tell you that, he'd get mad hahaha..." CNU explained, and we nodded in unison. "He probably knows you didn't mean it maliciously, but it hurts him. I suggest you apologize." Determination and rue in her eyes, she nodded and set off after Jinyoung and Gongchan.
~~~


I walked out of the Arcade to see Jinyoung rubbing Gongchan's back, his shoulders were shaking slightly. Gosh, I feel so bad. It was so insensitive of me...
"G-Gongchan..." I started once I approached them, Jinyoungs eyes flicked up to me, but Gongchan's remained focused on his lap. "I'm really really really super duper sorry!" I said, trying to keep the cheery facade I normally keep up, and kneeled to on the ground, hands in front of me. "Please accept my apology!" I mumbled, then shouted "PLEASE ACCEPT MY APOLOGY!" 
"Stand up." Gongchan said, warmth filled his voice. I did as he instructed, but I kept my eyes trained on my shoes out of shame. "Look up." his voice was still really warm, like a nice cup of tea, on a cold day.
"I accept your apology. Don't worry about it, it's not your fault."
"T-Thank you... Oppa!" I said, trying out Oppa to see if he was ok with it. I think it made him smile even brighter.
Out of the corner of my eye, I saw the rest stood at the entrance waiting for a signal to come down. Following my glance, Gongchan smiled brighter, and waved them down.
I know that Minji unnie likes Oppa alot, and he probably likes her back.. but I can't help it... With his bright smiles, warm voice and beautiful personality... I can't help but fall for him too! Sorry Unnie, but i won't back down without a fight!
When they arrived we headed to the bus station and Minji offered to make us tea as we would be dropping off the drum kit at Gongchan's house which is adjacent to hers. The whole while we were making plans,I could see that Gongchan had his eyes trained on Minji, and jealousy filled me,why couldn't he look at me? Why couldn't he look at me like that? I definitely won't back down! He will  look at me!