eight;;

Wedlocked: No Way Out
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Feilin left the tent and stretched. The sun hasn’t even risen yet.

She looked around and took in a deep breath. The quiet was nice. Everyone was still fast asleep in their tents.

On normal days, Feilin would prefer to sleep in, however today wasn’t normal. They were out in the woods and there was a nearby trail that was perfect for jogging. She definitely wanted to take advantage of it.

She quickly put on her hoodie and sneakers and left the campsite to look for the trail again.

When she finally found it, she decided that she would run up the trail’s incline. She started to jog.

Although it was still dark out, she could see well enough to know that the trail was ending soon.

The path was cleared and to her surprise, there was a concreted area with a couple of bars for chin-ups. She assumed that there were frequenters who would come here to work out.

What surprised her even more was that one of the bars was in use.

“Kim Jongin?”

Feilin stepped forward and squinted into the dark morning mist.

The boy dropped back down and turned around.  “Oh it’s you.”

There was a pool of sweat that was dripping down his bare chest.

Her face scrunched up in disgust. “Can you please wipe some of that off?”

The boy scoffed and went over to grab his towel while taking a swig from his water bottle. “Why are you even here?”

“What, a girl can’t go out for a jog?”

“You don’t belong here,” he stated as he placed his water bottle back down. He draped his towel around his neck and started to blot his face.

Feilin frowned. “I can go anywhere I like. Do you think that only you are allowed to—“

“I meant why are you even at this school? It’s obvious that this is a place for the elite. No one here is going to accept you when you don’t have any status.”

Her face hardened. There’s that word again. Status. Elite. Connections. She disliked it all. “I don’t want to be here either. But this is the only school I can attend.”

Jongin took a step towards her. “On the contrary, I believe that with your status, this school would have been nearly impossible for you to enter much less attend. But you’re here so that dupes all of us. That’s why the students here won’t accept you.”

Feilin stared back in a challenging manner. “Youngjae, Jongup, and Zelo accepted me.”

“That’s the interesting part. Why would they?” He stared deep into her eyes as if they held the answer. “For as long as I’ve known them, they’ve never made an effort to become anybody’s friend. Why did they start with you? You’re a nobody.”

“It’s none of your business who I associate myself with,” Feilin replied sharply.

“Just curious.” Jongin shrugged as he lay down on his back to do crunches. “Spot me,” he ordered as he waited for her to come over and hold him down.

“Spot yourself, jerk. We’re going home in a couple of hours tell your friends to leave me alone for the rest of this trip or else I’ll show you how irritating I really be.”

She turned around and left.

 

Kim Jongin did the exact opposite of what she had told him to do.

His friends did not back off, rather they upped their ridiculous antics.

After her jog she had showered but to her dismay some girl had stolen her clothes. As a result, she had to wait for Zelo to come find her and bring her new clothes. They ended up being late to roll call and as punishment, they didn’t have breakfast and were stuck cleaning up after everyone.

Later, when they were split up into groups for hiking, the compass that belonged to Feilin’s group had been damaged to a point north pointed every which way.

This had caused them to be lost for over an hour.

When they finally found their way back, they were scol

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter