two;;

Wedlocked: No Way Out
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wai Po - maternal grandmother

Ayi - aunt

Shu Shu - uncle

“Wai Po, you’re hurting me!” the young girl said as she winced. She grabbed the ice pack from the old woman’s hand and started pressing it against her eye herself.

Her grandmother drew a sharp breath in annoyance. “You deserve it. How on earth did we get a gangster as a daughter in this family?”

The two maids standing at the entry way hid their amused laughter as their young miss was being chewed out by her grandmother.

Feilin took the hand mirror that was on the coffee table and inspected her face. “It’s not too bad. I can just hide it with makeup.”

There was a small cut under her left eye and it was already swollen and purple with splotches of green.

“Keep fighting and there won’t be enough makeup to hide that ugly face of yours.” She paused before stating, “Maybe that’s not a bad thing. At least then you can see how your face reflects your personality.”

“Wai Po! Stop calling me ugly! My face is fine!”

“A woman should never raise her voice to get her point across,” her grandmother chastised.

“You may be worse than Ma,” Feilin muttered as she stood up to try to escape her grandmother’s incessant talking.

“Of course, where do you think your mother gets it from? She’s only a fraction of what I am,” the elder said proudly.

“I’m going upstairs,” Feilin stated. But before she actually left, she turned and gave her grandmother a sweet look. “Wai Po…”

Her grandmother snorted at the young girl’s sudden shift in tone. “What?”

“Don’t tell gege, okay?”

“I won’t have to; he’s going to see that ugly face sooner or later. I hope it scars so it reminds you how stupid you are for fighting in school.”

Feilin started to whine, “The doctor already said it won’t scar, and Wai Po, I already told you I didn’t start it!”

The old lady waved her off. “Ayyee, I don’t care anymore. Go upstairs and do your hom

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter