four;;

Wedlocked: No Way Out
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

dui bu qi - sorry

gongzhu - princess

Luhan laid in the little girl’s pink, frilly princess canopy bed as he fiddled with his Rubik’s cube.

“Shu shu, when is Ba ba coming home?”

Luhan stopped twisting the colorful contraption and looked up at the little girl who was sitting at her desk with a coloring book opened and a tornado of crayons with various colors scattered across the surface of her table. She stared back at him and blinked.

He looked at the clock that was hanging above her desk.

It was nearing eight, which was later than usual for Yifan to get home.

“He should be home soon.”

There was a pause as Xiao Yen bit her lip and debated whether or not to say what was on her mind.

“What’s wrong, Yen Yen?”

“We have family day on Friday… do you think Ba will be too busy to come?”

Luhan immediately understood her dilemma.

His cousin was always busy taking care of the company. Luhan knew that Yifan always tried his best to be there for his daughter, but some things just couldn’t be helped. Being a single father was hard and Luhan felt bad that he couldn’t do more to help the poor guy.

Upon her uncle’s long pause, Xiao Yen turned back to her coloring books to hide her disappointment. She knew that her father taking time off for such a thing was unlikely. She had been bottling up her frustrations over this matter for a very long time.

Luhan got up and knelt down beside her.

“Hey, don’t be sad,” he coaxed as he hugged her little waist. She ignored him as she pretended to focus intently on coloring. The man fought down his laughter and cleared his throat. “Wu Xiao Yen, white crayons do not show up on white paper. See? Nothing is showing up. Try a different color.”

The little girl snapped and threw the white crayon that she was using across the room and pushed him away. “I WANT TO USE THE WHITE CRAYON!”

Her face turned red from anger and she burst into a wailing fit.

Luhan’s eyes widened as he suddenly held up both palms in front of him. He tried to get her to stop, but she continued to through a tantrum.

Between her cries and her small vocabulary, all Luhan could understand was her asking why she only had white coloring books and that it wasn’t fair for the white crayon.

“X-xiao Yen, don’t cry,” he pleaded.

“I want the white crayon!”

Luhan quickly went across the room and came back to her side after retrieving the white crayon.

“Here’s your crayon Yen, don’t cry anymore. It’ll make your face turn ugly. Your Ba won’t love you anymore if you’re ugly.”

The senseless man obviously said the wrong thing because the little girl’s shrieks of despair went an octave higher.

How she never ran out of breath from all of her screaming, he did not know.

 

“Omo!”

From the other room, Feilin shot up from her seat. She had fallen asleep while studying.

She walked over and peeked out her bedroom door.

From across the hallway, she could hear Luhan frantically trying to calm the girl.

Feilin wondered if she should go over and help her older cousin, but when she heard the door of the house open, she figured her brother had things covered.

 

The maids that were in the living room downstairs suddenly jumped at the scream of their youngest miss.

“Yah, why do you think she’s upset now?”

“Molla,” the other girl replied as she continued straighten the pillows. “Just keep working. I’m sure Master Xi just said something stupid again.”

Just then, the door opened and an exhausted, blond man walked in.

The maids quickly stopped what they were doing and bowed.

Yifan wearily looked up at the staircase and sighed. “Why is she crying?”

“We don’t know sir, Master Xi is upstairs with her,” one of the girls replied.

Yifan rolled his eyes. “Figures,” he muttered as he trudged up the long steps and opened the door to the source of the crying.

He nearly tripped as soon as he walked in.

There were crayons everywhere and a coloring book strewn across the floor.

His daughter was on the ground throwing fists while Luhan was desperately trying to calm her.

Yifan narrowed his eyes an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter