eleven;;

Wedlocked: No Way Out
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hello Chairwoman Zhou,” the woman bowed slightly and turned to the other woman beside her, “Nai Nai.”

Her husband smiled and bowed at the two as well.

Chairwoman Shim smiled and took her by the hand. “Jianli, you’ve met my grandson’s wife already haven’t you?”

Her old friend nodded. “Yes, the one that you said your grandson loves oh so very much,” she said in a flat tone. She didn’t mean to make it sound sarcastic, but it made the young couple shift in discomfort as if she knew their secret.

A waiter passed by and the Chairwoman stopped him. She took two flutes of wine from the tray and handed it to both Changmin and Ahri. “Please enjoy the party.” She toasted and took a sip of her own.

The woman didn’t fail to notice that Ahri did not take a sip as per custom. How peculiar.

 Could it be…

The elder let out a breath of amusement. Her friend will definitely be bouncing off the walls if that were the case.

Chairwoman Shim gently pushed the couple away. “I have some people for you to meet…”

After they left, Chairwoman Zhou kept a stoic expression as she stared out into the colorful sea of dresses with clumps of black suits thrown into the mix. The party itself looked like a melodious waltz as people moved back and forth, mingling merrily with one another.

It seems that this year’s turnout is the biggest one yet.

Her face contorted and her eyes narrowed as she spotted her unruly granddaughter who was arguing with two boys who she recognized to be the second son of the Kim Conglomerate and the son of the Oh Group. But to her relief, Yifan had detected the tension in that particular area and had arrived to mediate.

“Tsk tsk…” She took a sip of her wine as she shook her head in distaste. “Lousy girl. At this rate she won’t be an asset to the company but a liability. She’s going to scare everyone away.”

 

“No thank you,” Feilin responded firmly as she rejected some company heir’s offer to dance. She removed his hand off of her wrist and stalked off. Out of sheer pride, the boy gave her a nasty look but left her be nonetheless.

That was the third approach she had gotten tonight. She took a glance at her brother who was conversing with a couple of gentlemen clad in suits. They seemed to be around his age.

Yifan felt her stare and looked over at her. Feilin stuck her tongue out and made a face meaning that she was not having a good time. He visibly scoffed, telling her to deal with it on her own.

Scowling his name under her breath, she looked around again to look for Ahri but to no avail. Ahri had been whisked away by her husband the moment she arrived and both had disappeared out of sight.

Suddenly, she felt a very strong arm wrap around her waist, causing her to stiffen and her eyes to narrow.

Her head rotated towards the man with a look of deadly contempt. However, upon recognizing him and she slouched back into his hold. “You were about to lose an arm, Moon Jongup. When did you arrive?”

“We all arrived a while ago, but you know, customs. Had to go and greet every elder here and whatnot.”

Feilin smiled. Even these delinquent-like boys knew their responsibilities. It was a relief that she came with no identity and therefore didn’t have to follow through with the social norm.

“We saw that guy walk up to you, what did he say?” He asked as he led her over to the others.

She shook her head. “Nothing important.”

The boys looked up and all chuckled as their favorite girl approached. “Well if it isn’t our very own troublemaker!” Daehyun cheered as he reached out his hand.

Feilin let go of Jongup’s arm and placed her hand in his, allowing Daehyun to twirl her around. When they stopped, she laughed and placed her arms around his waist. “You don’t call me anymore.”

“Sorry, first year of university, I’ve been busy.”

“Lies. You don’t study.”

“I didn’t say doing what,” he shrugged. Feilin made a sour face and slapped him away.

“I saw your brother earlier,” Yonguk said. Yifan and Yonguk had been old classmates.

“Oh? What did he say?”

“He said that he regrets ever letting me into his house to do that school project back then because I’ve been nothing but a bad influence on you since we’ve became friends. Tell him that I rarely see you and it’s these tykes that are the bad influences,” he nodded over to the younger boys.

Youngjae rolled his eyes. “

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter