nine;;

Wedlocked: No Way Out
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

hao le - alright; okay

Ahri stepped out of the hospital with troubled look.

What is she going to do?

How was she going to tell him?

She thought of her doctor’s words and she frowned.

After school had ended last week, Nari marched into the nurse’s office where she was resting and had dragged her all the way to the hospital to get a full checkup done. The results to everything was out the doctor called her in and told her the reason why she had been feeling sick.

She was expecting.

There was this mix sense of giddiness and worry that nipped at her all at once.

She was happy, of course. But how will she relay the news to her husband?

Getting pregnant definitely wasn’t part of their plan when they had discussed the details of their political marriage.

What even was the plan? All they had agreed to was a platonic marriage. How did it even get this far?

Ahri was slightly panicking at the thought of telling Changmin.

It also didn’t help that tonight she’ll be seeing him once again for a banquet that the Zhou family would be hosting. Such a short notice and she had no idea what to do.

She hadn’t seen him in two months and now she has tell him such big news.

She placed a hand on her flat stomach and looked down.

I will make this work, don’t worry.

 

“What’s this I hear about you not attending the party tonight?” Changmin asked as he walked into his sister’s flat.

Nari and Minhee were lying on the couch.

There was brief shuffling from the two, but he didn’t notice when he stepped in.

Minhee was flipping through a magazine while Nari was hugging a decorative pillow and playing with her phone.

“Hey oppa,” Minhee waved half-distractedly.

“Hey Hee.” Changmin said as he kept his eyes on Nari.

“Chairwoman Zhou is Nai Nai’s good friend and you’ve never even met her once.”

Nari stood up and walked over to her brother. “I’m sure I’ll have plenty of opportunities to meet her later. I’m actually hanging out with her grandson tonight. Nai Nai seemed okay with me skipping out on the party when she heard that. I just told her that we wanted to meet alone.”

Changmin eyed her suspiciously. “I don’t believe that.”

Nari shrugged. “Nai Nai seemed to.”

“The woman is planning something up her sleeve. I’d hold my breath if I were you.”

“Don’t worry about me, Oppa. Just go and get ready to see your pretty wife. You should start taking better care of my sister-in-law.”

 “Arrasso.”

Changmin ruffled her hair before le

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter