three;;

Wedlocked: No Way Out
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nari sighed as she walked into her flat and threw her purse onto the couch.

“You should put that up where it belongs, Nari, your place looks like a pigsty as is.”

Nari gasped in surprise and turned around.

Seeing that it was only her grandmother, she placed a hand on her chest and let out a sigh of relief.

“You scared me Nai Nai.”

“I’m not even sure why your parents allowed you to move out of the house and live on your own. You would be much better off living with us until you got married.”

Nari made a face at her grandmother. “But what’s the fun in that? The house was too big for me after oppa got married. I much rather live like this.”

She was very pleased with her flat. It was her home—something that she felt gave her independence from her structured life. She had begged her parents when she first entered college to allow her to live away from home. She had made the argument that her care-free life would come to an end soon enough after she graduated and therefore wanted to live life to the fullest before that happened.

Her parents eventually caved, feeling bad that their only daughter felt tied to such a short leash. Her grandmother, on the other hand, opposed the idea—even up until now. Because she didn’t get her way, she compensated by coming to visit Nari as often as possible to make sure that Nari was not acting too recklessly.

“Well at least clean up a little, dear. What would happen if I tripped over something? I don’t want to get a hip replacement.”

“Well if you would call before coming I would at least have time to make way for you,” Nari muttered under her breath as she bent down to pick up some of her dirty articles of clothing that had been tossed carelessly across the floor.

“What’s that, dear?”

The woman had heard it all but refrained herself from knocking her granddaughter upside the head.

“Nothing!”

Her grandmother sat down and straightened out the wrinkles of her skirt. “I received a lot of compliments over your brother and his wife at the party,” she begun to say.

Nari disappeared into her bedroom and pulled out a hamper.

“Well they are a very lovely couple.” Nari said, half-distractedly.

The elder let out a pleased laugh. “Of course they are, I knew Ahri would be perfect for your brother the minute I saw her.”

“It’s a shame oppa doesn’t believe in love at first sight like you do, Nai Nai.”

“That doesn’t matter,” she replied. “He’s quite fond of her now and that’s all that counts.”

“I suppose so.” Nari finished picking her clothes off the ground and started cleaning the coffee table, ridding it from dirty dishes and coffee and tea mugs.  She grabbed a plastic bag that was lying around and swiped the old takeout containers from the table into the bag.

“But even if they love each other I can’t help but feel a little sad,” the woman sighed.

Nari paused and gave her grandmother a glance. “Uh oh,” she said before walking to the kitchen to dispose the trash.

“You’re brother is a good son and husband. He’s a good business man as well,” she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter