ten;;

Wedlocked: No Way Out
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Chairwoman, your granddaughter is looking for you,” the maid stated as she knocked on the doorframe.

The elder looked up from looking at her vanity and sneered. “Don’t let her in. She probably wants something.”

Feilin sidestepped the maid and entered anyways. “Nice to see you too Wai Po.”

The elder sighed and put down her lipstick. She was preparing to set off to the event. “And to what do I owe this visit to?”

“I need a small favor…”

“I need a new granddaughter,” she responded as she rolled her eyes.

“Wai Po, I’m serious!”

“Well what do you want? You’re wasting my time.”

Feilin smiled and walked towards her grandmother. When she reached her, she placed both hands on the woman’s shoulder and began to massage her.

“Don’t touch me,” the woman shooed her hands away.

Her granddaughter pouted. “Wai Po~ tonight at the party, please pretend you don’t know me.” Feilin didn’t like the special attention she received last time she attended these events.

“Okay.” The elder understood why she requested such a thing and agreed to make it easier for her. She herself had felt the same way when she was younger. It may be uncomfortable and burdensome now to grow up in such a family, but she knew that Feilin would soon grow out of this phase.

Feilin paused and looked at her grandmother with pleasant surprise. “Okay?” Was it that easy?

“I don’t want to people to know that I have granddaughter with no manners. Let’s do it your way.”

And there it was: her grandmother’s signature sharp tongue and sassy attitude. Even if she understood her granddaughter, she was not one to share a loving moment with her. The woman just expressed her affections differently.

“Thanks Wai Po, I’ll be leaving now.” Feilin kissed her cheek and skipped out the door.

The Chairwoman scoffed. “The only time she ever looks for me is when she needs something…”

She looked at the maid and frowned. “Do you act like this around your grandmother?”

The young maid laughed lightly. “No, Chairwoman.”

“Good, one day I might throw that one out and take you in.”

“Oh, you don’t mean that!”

“No… I don’t. But I sure wish I did.”

 

Feilin hopped out of red Maserati, totally oblivious to the stares she received from such a flashy car. Despite her dislike for expensive clothes and jewelry, she  really did love nice cars. It took her fullest efforts not to take it to school in the mornings and take a shabby bike instead.

She walked into the modest condominium building and went up a couple of flights. When she arrived, she rang the doorbell.

The door opened and revealed Ahri.

“Unnie,” the girl smiled as she was let in. “Thanks for letting me borrow a dress for tonight.”

Ahri led her into the living room and told her to sit. “It’s no problem at all. But are you sure you want to borrow a dress? My style may be a little different from yours and I—“

Feilin held up a palm. “Ge ge gave me the card. I can’t use that in public and I don’t like dress shopping. It gives me a headache. You can give me the ugliest dress you got and I’ll wear it with pride, I promise.”

Ahri laughed. “I’ll go grab some then. Wait here.”

While Ahri went to rummage through her dresses, Feilin looked around the living room. She noticed a couple of pictures that were framed on the mantle above the fireplace.

There was one of Ahri and two people who Feilin assumed to be her parents. A couple of which she recognized to be Shim Changmin, Ahri’s husband. She has heard of the powerful Shim Group and was aware of the strong relationship between their co

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter