five;;

Wedlocked: No Way Out
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Feilin hopped down the stairs clad in a pair of ripped jeans and a sweatshirt. She had her hair up in a bun and was wearing a pair of oversized glasses. She walked into the kitchen to see her brother and his daughter eating breakfast.

“Morning ge,” she said as she grabbed a piece a toast in one hand and ruffled her niece’s head with the other.

Xiao Yen scowled and fixed her hair.

Yifan eyed her getup and frowned. “Why aren’t you dressed for school?”

“I stayed home from school yesterday too, thanks for noticing.” She said drily. “Uncle Jung suspended me from school until the end of this week.”

“When it regards to school matters, I think you should address him as Headmaster Jung, Wu Feilin.”

She gave him a sour look. “That’s too impersonal.”

“He’s too lenient with you. You’re lucky you’re friends with his nephew. He allowed you to use an alias in school.”

She waved him off. “That’s totally not it.”

“Oh? I heard that you’ve already packed to go on the school trip. You’re supposed to be suspended and yet he still let you go.”

“Of course I did. You think I’d miss a weekend of camping?”

“If Headmaster Jung really wanted to punish you, he’d bar you from going to that.”

Feilin’s eyes narrowed at her brother. “Don’t you dare feed him any ideas.”

Yifan didn’t say anymore as he continued to eat and work on his laptop.

Xiao Yen pushed her chair back from the table and hopped off.

“Wu Xiao Yen,” Kris said in a stern tone. “Where do you think you’re going?”

“It’s time to go to school.”

“Oh.”

She was still upset with him.

He closed his laptop and stood up as enthusiastically as possible. “All right, let me go get my stuff and I’ll take you—“

Xiao Yen cut him off and pointed out in a flat tone, “You’ll be late for work.”

He checked his watch and his expression dropped a little. She was right.

Feilin smiled and stood up out of her seat. She went over and knelt in front of the Xiao Yen. “Why are you so grumpy, Yen?”

“I’m not,” the girl denied.

“Well, you better brighten up later on. You don’t want your Ba ba to see frowning when he goes to your school.”

Xiao Yen perked up and shot her father a glance. “You’re coming?”

Yifan scratched the back of his head and gave his sister a look. “It was supposed to be a surprise.”

“Really?” Xiao Yen asked in joyous disbelief. She ran over to her father and hugged his leg. “Really, really?”

He squatted down and hugged the precious girl. “Really. I’ll see you later today okay, gongzhu?”

Xiao Yen kissed his cheek causing him to look at her in pleasant surprise.

“I love you, Ba.”

“I love you too. Now go put on your shoes.”

 

Feilin laughed as she listened to Xiao Yen ramble on and on in excitement.

Since they still had time, they decided to walk to school.

“Ayi, we’re going t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter