twelve;;

Wedlocked: No Way Out
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“So how is your sister-in-law?” Luhan asked while holding his phone in one hand and flipping through some documents with the other. It was late in the night and he had already put Xiao Yen to sleep.

Nari glanced at Ahri who had fallen into a deep sleep on the couch after having spilling the events of the night to Nari in tears. She pulled over a woolen blanket over the older girl and sighed. “Oppa messed up. The next time I see him, I’m going to give him a piece of my mind and then some.”

Luhan chuckled lightly. “Girls are scary. Remind me not to get on your bad side, Agassi.”

Nari smiled. “You must be tired. Did you enjoy spending time with your niece?”

There was a short pause. “Can you keep a secret?”

“Uh oh, that doesn’t sound good. Did something happen? What did you do?” She teased.

“It’s what I didn’t do…”

“That sounds even worse,” she joked lightly.

“After dinner I sent her upstairs to play a little while I cleaned and did the dishes,” he narrated, “when I was finished I came back up and found her in the bathroom with scissors in her hands.”

Nari opened to form a circle shape as she already knew where this was going. She had been a four year old girl once too. “She gave herself a haircut, didn’t she?”

“She did,” Luhan nodded. “She now has bangs.”

She quietly laughed in amusement. “What did you do?”

“I was so surprised I yanked the scissors from her hands and scolded her. I told her that I would tell her Ba and personally take her to the hairdresser to get her head shaved as punishment.”

Nari looked at her phone incredulously. “Was it that bad?”

“Ani, actually, she did a pretty nice job,” he stated, “but she’s four and that should not have happened.”

“I see,” she nodded understandingly. “But word of advice, you shouldn’t react so rashly. You probably hurt her feelings.”

Luhan leaned back in his chair and sighed. “To be honest, I’m not too good with kids. I’ve hurt her feelings countless times that she probably doesn’t even take it to heart anymore.”

“You’re wrong,” Nari disagreed. “Kids remember everything. They never forget and always remember every different emotion they feel. What’s more is that you’re her uncle and that means that you’re someone important to her. She’ll definitely remember and be sad every time she thinks about it. She did do wrong, but you should have explained it rationally with her.”

“See, if you had come over tonight this wouldn’t have happened and I wouldn’t have come to realize what a bad uncle I am.”

Nari laughed. “Sorry.”

“Anyways, it’s late. Go get some rest.”

“Arrasso, sleep tight Luhan-ssi.”

“Good night, Nari-ssi.”

Nari hung up the phone and smiled. She liked talking to him. She didn’t know why but there was just something very welcoming about him to her. It was even more strange that even though they had never officially met, their conversations through phone calls and text messaging has passed cordialness and achieved a level and casualness.

She placed her phone on the coffee table and peered down at Ahri with a solemn gaze. “It must be hard for you, unnie. Himnae.”

 

Feilin slouched in her seat as she listened to Madame Hwang ramble endlessly on the technique to ballroom dancing and the importance of poise. She was bored out of her mind. The old woman’s instructions were all relentless clamor to her.

“Choi Jinhee,” Madame Hwang called out sternly.

Feilin shot up like rocket and became alert. “Neh?” The elder’s eyes narrowed as she crossed her arms.

“Am I wasting your time?”

“No, not at all,” Feilin said far too passively to appease the elder.

“When I address you, you respond with either Madame or Teacher trailing behind it. Please keep that in mind for next time, Choi Jinhee.”

Feilin lowered her head. “Neh.”

Madame Hwang tilted her head in expectation.

“Madame Hwang.”

Pleased, the woman continued her lecture. Feilin relaxed as the woman resumed talking. Madame Hwang was a woman in her sixties who always wore nice dresses and pinned her hair neatly up. She possessed such a regal air and radiated with a form of dominance that reminded Feilin of her mother and grandmother. This only served

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter