Chapter Two

Drawn to you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Without a second thought, Kyungsoo ran to his locker and quickly took out his book. Then he followed Jongin with a certain distance.

 

Jongin left the school building with a quick pace. Once he was outside, he stood still and looked at the sky. Kyungsoo followed his gaze and saw the setting sun. Kyungsoo flinched when Jongin sighed, but he didn't seem to notice him.

 

Kyungsoo knew that a lot of people felt attracted to Jongin. He was tall, had broad shoulders and eyes you could loose yourself in. Not a lot of people approached him though, like the girl from before, but Kyungsoo knew that Jongin turned them all down. Kyungsoo wondered why and he wondered where Jongin lived and what he was doing after school. Everything about Jongin made Kyungsoo curious, so he secretly followed him one day. He followed him to a neighborhood Kyungsoo was sure Jongin didn't live in. He didn't want to be discovered so he maintained a certain distance, but in the end he lost Jongin. Perhaps today he could find out where he went.

 

Kyungsoo tried to keep step with Jongin who quickly left the school ground. Tall people surely had some advantages, Kyungsoo thought.

Just when he wanted to pass the school gate, Kyungsoo's phone rang. Panicked, he quickly hid behind the wall, answering his phone.

 

“Where are you, Soo? We are waiting for you”, Baekhyun whined into the phone.

Kyungsoo risked a glance, but Jongin was nowhere to be seen, he lost track of him again. He sighed.

“I ll be there in a few minutes. Where are you? Yes... okay. Yes, five minutes.”

Kyungsoo wrote a message to his father, telling him that he would come home later today, he put away his phone, then he headed to ddoekbokki store the other were waiting in.

 

Kyungsoo couldn't concentrate, neither on the food nor on the conversation Suho, Kris and Baekhyun had. He thought of Jongin, he couldn't understand why people misunderstood him that often. He thought of the crying girl, she wouldn't really threat Jongin, right? Kyungsoo shook his head, why were people able to hurt each other on purpose.

“Everything alright, Kyungsoo?”.

Kyungsoo thought of telling Kris, of telling him what he saw and heard earlier. But then he decided against it. He forced a smile, “Yes, I am just a bit tired.”

“I see. You should eat more and regain your strength.”

“Actually Kris wants to say that you should eat and grow some more.” Kyungsoo glared at Baekhyun who snickered,

“Look who is talking.”

“Kyungsoo is perfectly fine just the way he is.”

“Thank you, Kris.”

“You are welcome. Okay, who wants to order more? Suho is paying!”.

 

* * * * * *

 

When Kyungsoo arrived home two hours later, his father came and welcomed him.

“Oh, I am so glad my son is home again”, his father said. His hair and clothes were a mess, he surely went through a lot today.

 

Before Kyungsoo could take off both of his shoes, two little girls came running to him, screaming “Oppa!” and hugging his legs. Kyungsoo smiled and took one of his sisters into his arms, he caressed his other sister's hair who was still clinging to his leg.

 

“I missed you, did you miss me too?”

“Yeeees”, his sisters answered in unison.

“What about me?”, he father asked with a pout, “I missed you a lot.”

Kyungsoo smiled at him and patted his shoulder.

“You can rest now. I ll look after the two.”

“Thank you. I still don't understand how these little human beings can have so much energy.”

 

Kyungsoo followed his father to the living room.

“Isn't mom home yet?”

“She will be here in about half an hour. She just called and said she left the office.”

“Okay, I ll go and change. Will the princesses come with me?”

“Take them with you!! They love you way more than they love me anyway.”

“I ll be back in a minute, dad.”

“Take you time, son.”

 

When Kyungsoo climbed up the stairs to his room, he could hear his father snoring.

 

 

Kyungoo quickly changed out of his school uniform. He washed his hands and his face, while his sisters were running around in his room.

 

“Okay, time to go to sleep, my princesses.”

“Sing us a song, oppa! Sing us a song!”.

“Okay, okay. Let's go to your room. Who changes into his pajamas first, gets two kisses instead of one!”.

 

After tucking both into bed and kissing them both twice, Kyungsoo went down the stairs, just when his mother came home.

 

“Hey sweetheart.”

“Hi mom.”

 

He quickly went to her and took her bag and her jacket.

“I am so hungry. Did the scalawag cook something?”

“Mom...”. His mother winked and Kyungsoo smiled.

 

After checking up on the girls, Kyungsoo's mother sat down on the table. After setting down the food, Kyungsoo also sat down.

 

“Okay, let's eat, I am starving.”, his mother said.

“How was school, sweetie?”

“It was okay.”

“And how is the handsome boy?”

“Mom...”.

His father snorted.

 

“You should invite him. I want to see if he really is that handsome.”

“Mom, he isn't talking to me.”

“Why wouldn't he want to speak to the prettiest boy on earth?”

“I am not pretty.”

“You are. When I first saw you, I knew that you are the prettiest boy who ever set foot on this earth.”

Kyungsoo snickered, “Mom, you are exaggerating.”

“I am not. That's the reason why I took you home with me. Go and invite him.”

“I won't cook for him!”, his father interjected.

“We want to welcome him, not poison him. Soo baby, you can cook. I ll buy cake.”

“Mom, really. It isn't that simple.”

“Simple? Do you think your father was simple? I had to run after him for 30 minutes, because he was scared of me! And I just wanted to tell him my name.”

“I wasn't scared. My mom just told me not to speak to strangers.”

“I should have know from the start that you are weird.”

“Mom... Dad...”

“Okay, okay, let's eat. And tomorrow you will talk to the Hyun Bin guy.”

“His name is Kim Jongin.”

“Like I said. Go and talk to him.”

 

 

Kyungsoo really wanted to talk to Jongin, to hear his soft voice again, to be able to tell him something about himself and to be able to hear something about Jongin.

 

But he was scared, scared to be turned down, to be rejected like all the other people who tried to speak to him. Kyungsoo wondered why he always rejected people. Then he thought of the crying girl, who threatened Jongin. He huffed, how could she blame him for something he didn't do just to get revenge? He should have told Suho what he heard. Perhaps he should go straight to the principle tomorrow.

 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter