Chapter Nine

Drawn to you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Kyungsoo fought back his tears, this wasn't the right time to cry.

 

“Soo sweetie baby?”

 

Jongin was gone long ago, but Kyungsoo's gaze still lingered in the direction he went.

 

“Kyungsoo, what happened?”

 

Kyungsoo sighed at closed his locker door, “I confessed to him, but he told be to go to Kris, because he could take care of me.”

“Wha... wha... what? You did what? Jongin did what? Kris did what?”

 

He turned to his friend, leaning with his back against the locker.

 

“Friday,” he began, “I went to the school entrance to meet the writer of the letters.”

“Oh my god, it was Kris?”

 

Kyungsoo nodded.

 

“What did he say? Oh my god, it was Kris?”, Baekhyun began to shake Kyungsoo's arm.

 

“Yes. He said that he... likes me.”

 

Baekhyun didn't say anything, he waited for Kyungsoo to continue.

 

“Jongin saw us, he heard what Kris said to me. I run after him, I wanted to explain, but he just told me to get back to Kris.”

 

Kyungsoo closed his eyes, the memory flooded his mind, he teared up again.

 

“He rejected me, Baekhyun.”

 

“It doesn't have to mean that he doesn't like you.”

“What does it mean then?”

“I... don't know. Perhaps he is afraid.”, Baekhyun put an assuring arm around Kyungsoo, squeezing.

“What did I do to make him afraid?”

 

Baekhyun didn't know an answer, he ruffled his friend's hair, cheering him up.

 

“What will you do now?”

“I am not sure”, Kyungsoo answered, “But I won't back off or give up.”

“Whaaa, this is the fighting spirit! Let's go, Soo, it's time for moon tiara action!”

 

 

* * *

 

 

Kyungsoo and Baekhyun entered the classroom. Once he was inside, Kris caught his eye, who was sitting on his usual spot. Kyungsoo felt his stomach churn, he nodded towards Kris who returned the greeting. He didn't smile and averted his gaze immediately afterwards.

 

Kyungsoo sighed and took a seat. The day began not long ago, but he felt already extremely exhausted.

 

 

* * *

 

 

During the lunch break, Baekhyun tried to distract Kyungsoo the best he could, while talking non stop. But Kyungsoo didn't listen, he couldn't listen.

 

“Kyungsoo, why aren't you eating?”

“Not hungry.”, he just replied.

 

Baekhyun put down his sandwich, looking worried. Out of the corner of his eyes, Kyungsoo saw how something caught the other's attention.

 

“Kyungsoo, can I talk to you?”, Kyungsoo turned to the owner of the voice.

“Sehun?”

 

Sehun smiled at him, “I will kidnap him for a while”, he said while winking to Baekhyun.

 

 

Sehun lead Kyungsoo out of the cafeteria, to the now almost empty hallway.

 

“I am sorry”, he began.

“Sehun, it's not your fault.”

“It is, I told you his address, I told you to go to him.”

 

Kyungsoo looked down, “Still...”

 

“But...”, Sehun continued, “I think it was necessary.”

 

Kyungsoo looked up to him, saw his apologetic smile.

 

“Unfortunately I can't do much for Jongin. I just can watch over him, providing him a place to stay.”

“You do enough, Sehun.”

 

“But you”, he put his hand on Kyungsoo's shoulder, “I think you are able to help him, to help him to break out of his cage. He needs you, Kyungsoo.”

 

Kyungsoo nodded, “And I need him.”

“Sports field.”, Sehun said with a wink.

“Thank you.”

“Thank you, Kyungsoo.”

 

* * *

 

 

Kyungsoo run almost the whole way from the cafeteria to the sports field. He knew that his heart didn't just pound fast because he had run.

He saw Jongin sitting on the grass, holding a book in his hands, his gaze towards the empty playing field.

Jongin didn't see Kyungsoo coming, who was now standing right in front of him. Jongin was startled, then he tried to hide his book.

 

“You don't have to hide the book, I know that you read my favorite author.”

 

Jongin stopped his motion, but he didn't look up to Kyungsoo.

 

“What are you doing here?”

“Obviously, I came to find you.”

“You should go back.”

“I won't.” With these words, Kyungsoo plopped down next to Jongin, who still wasn't looking at him.

 

“How is Min Soo?”, Kyungsoo asked with a calm voice.

“He is fine. He just needed a few days to rest.”

“And how are you?”

 

Jongin obviously surprised, finally looked at him.

 

“I am fine.”

“And your back?”

“Dance practice.”

 

Kyungsoo knew that it was a lie, he just didn't know what Jongin wanted to cover up.

 

“Jongin look... I know that I made you uncomfortable... by saying that I like you...”

 

Kyungsoo couldn't see Jongin's reaction, who buried his face between his arms, wrapped around his knees. When Kyungsoo got no answer, he continued, “I am sorry for that. It wasn't my intention to make you feel this way.”

“Why?”

 

Kyungsoo was surprised to hear Jongin finally speaking.

 

“Why do you still try?”

“I don't want to loose you, Jongin.”

 

Jongin sighed, lifted his head and looked at Kyungsoo, a sad expression on his face. Sad, but even though... in a hopeful way?

 

“Still? After all that what you have seen?”

“I just see a wonderful person in front of me, Jongin.”

 

Jongin's gaze became soft, but a hint of disbelieving in his eyes.

 

“You don't know what you are saying.”, he then sharply said. He tried to get up, suppressing a cry of pain.

“Jongin, what happened?”, Kyungsoo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter