Chapter Seven

Drawn to you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It was a wonderful morning, Kyungsoo sat on his usual spot in the bus and waited for Jongin. He closed his eyes and felt the sun shining on his face. When he opened his eyes, he saw Jongin boarding the bus.

 

“Good morning.”

“Good morning.”

 

Kyungsoo smiled at the other boy, who sat down next to him.

 

“Min Soo forgot his sketch block yesterday.”, he handed it over.

“Oh, thanks.”

“Jongin?”

“Hm?”

“Do you want to get married?”

 

Jongin gasped, he looked at Kyungsoo with wide eyes, “What?”

Kyungsoo laughed and waved his hand in front of him, “My sister. She wants to marry you.”

Jongin obviously relaxed and slightly smiled back, “When she still wants me in twenty years, tell her, I will.”

 

Kyungsoo laughed again, today will be a wonderful day.

 

 

* * * * * *

 

 

When they arrived at school, they were chatting about their project and when they should meet next.

 

“Your detention starts today.”

Kyungsoo nodded, “Yes.”

“Until when?”

“Six o'clock.”

 

“Well”, Jongin started, then he kept silent, like he wasn't sure if he should say it, “I can pick you up after school. If you want. I mean, Min Soo's school is near your house, I usually pick him up then.”

 

Kyungsoo couldn't hold back a smile, “Yes, thank you.”

“I will wait for you at the library then.”

“Okay, see you.”

 

With his hands in his pockets, Jongin run up to Sehun, who was standing at the entrance. Sehun waved at Kyungsoo, who returned the greeting.

 

At this moment, someone jumped on Kyungsoo's back and jolted him out of his thoughts.

 

“Gooood morning, Soo baby.”

“Don't call me like that, Baek.”

“I think it's cute. Hey hey, you were chatting with Mr. Handsome. What did he say?”

 

Kyungsoo heard Kris huffing behind them, “Good morning, Kris.”, Kyungsoo greeted him.

“Morning.”

“So what were you talking about? Hm? Hm?”

 

Kyungsoo tried to free himself from Baekhyun's embrace, but the other boy just strengthened his grip around him.

 

“We just talked about our project.”

“Just your project. Then why are you blushing?”

“Leave him alone, Baekhyun.”, Kris said harshly, Baekhyun immediately let go of Kyungsoo.

 

They saw how Kris passed them obviously angered, entering the school building.

 

“What's with him?”

 

Kyungsoo shrugged and followed him with his gaze.

 

 

* * * * * *

 

 

During class, Kyungsoo glanced over to Kris from time to time, but the other seemed to ignore him. Did he say and do something wrong? In his head, he repeated the things he said to him, but he couldn't find an answer.

Kyungsoo pondered about it for the rest of the class.

 

* * *

 

 

When the bell rang and signaled the end of the first class, Kris quickly got up and left the room without saying anything, even before Kyungsoo could go to him.

Kyungsoo too, then left the room and went to his locker, followed by Baekhyun.

When Kyungsoo put his books in his locker, he saw something unfamiliar in there. He took it into his hands and turned it around.

 

“Oh my god, is it a love letter?”, Baekhyun curiously asked and peeked over Kyungsoo's shoulder.

“Why should I get one? The last letter I got was in second grade.”

“Open it.”

“Baek...”

“I know, I know, it's private. Then read it and tell me later about it.”

 

 

* * *

 

Kyungsoo held the letter in jacket pocket. Somehow he was nervous, who could possibly write him? He still had a few minutes left before his next class started, so he searched for a relatively private place and found it at the end of the hallway. He sat on the window ledge and took out the letter. He slowly opened it and saw a page, full of neat handwriting, too neat to recognize whose handwriting.

 

“My dear Kyungsoo,

I am not good with words, not with spoken words and not with written words.

But to write you makes it a bit easier.

I just wanted to tell you that you are a wonderful person.

Your admirer”

 

Kyungsoo's heart pounded fast in his chest. “Your admirer”? Was it a prank? But the letter looked nice, the writer surely put a lot of effort in writing it. Who could it be?

Deep in his thoughts, Kyungsoo wished that it was Jongin who wrote the letter...

 

 

* * *

 

 

During his next class, Kyungsoo couldn't concentrate. He thought about the letter in his pocket and about the person who wrote it. Baekhyun didn't stop bugging and asking him.

 


* * *
 

 

 

When they sat down on their usual table in the cafeteria, Baekhyun still tried to interrogate him.

 

“What is it about?”, Lay asked curiously.

“Kyungsoo got a love letter.”

 

Everyone then stared at Kyungsoo, who instantly felt uncomfortable. In this moment, Kris came and sat down, opposite to Kyungsoo. Kris obviously heard what they were saying, but his facial expression was unreadable, he just stared at Kyungsoo and kept silent.

 

“It's private...”, Kyungsoo just said.

“Is it from Jongin?”, Luhan curiously asked and made Kyungsoo to choke on his drink.

“Can we just let it go, please?”

“But tell us, who is it?”

“I don't know, there was no name.”

 

Kyungsoo tried to ignore the chatting from the others, he silently ate his sandwich.

 

* * *

 

 

After his third class ended, Kyungsoo said goodbye to Baekhyun and the others.

He then went to the principal's office and knocked on the door.

 

“Come in.”

 

Kyungsoo went in and bowed.

 

“I see, now you know how to knock on a door.”, the principal said, “Follow Teacher Lee, he will assign your tasks.”

 

Kyungsoo just nodded and bowed again. He followed the teacher to an empty classroom and sat down near the window.

 

“Please answer all these tasks”, he handed him a paper.

 

Kyungsoo took out his pencil and started writing. He tried not to be distracted by the thought of his secret admirer... and Jongin...

 

 

* * *

 

Kyungsoo tried his best not to run to the library to find Jongin. When he saw the other boy, his heart rate quickened. Jongin was sitting at the back of the library, obviously immersed in his book.

 

“You read Jean-Paul Satre?”

 

Jongin startled a bit, looking up to Kyungsoo, who sat down opposite to him.

 

“This is my favorite book”, Kyungsoo said smiling, pointing to the book in Jongin's hands.

 

Jongin didn't say anything, just nodded and lowered his hands, putting the book into his pocket.

 

“How was detention?”, Jongin asked instead.

“It was okay. Did you wait here the whole time?”

Jongin nodded again, “Should we go then?”

“Yes, let's go.”, Kyungsoo said, still brightly smiling at Jongin. But the other boy just shyly looked away, avoiding eye contact.

 

When they were standing at the bus station, Kyungsoo stole a glance over to Jongin and saw that the other boy looked at him too. But then Jongin immediately looked down, tracing lines on the ground with his right shoe.

Kyungsoo took a step right, approaching Jongin, he smiled when the other boy didn't budge.

 

“Jongin, can I ask you something?”

Said boy stopped moving, “Hm?”

“When you were suspended from school that day, Sehun said that you were at his grandmother's house.”

Jongin nodded, “Right.”

“Do you often go there?”

“Yes. I spend mostly my free time there. She is a wonderful person. And she takes good care of my dog.”

“You have a dog?”, Kyungsoo asked excitingly.

 

Jongin didn't look at him, but Kyungsoo thought he saw a little smile on his face, “Yes.”

“Can I go and see him? I mean... perhaps someday?”

 

Because of the load traffic sounds Kyungsoo couldn't be sure, but he thought that Jongin chuckled, “Yes, sure you can.”

 

 

During the bus ride, Kyungsoo felt lighthearted. They didn't speak much, but Kyungsoo just enjoyed the presence of the other boy.

 

 

* * *

 

 

“What about your part time job today?”, Jongin asked while they were walking towards Kyungsoo's home.

“I have to go home and change my clothes first.”

“What are you doing?”

“I work at the coffee shop over there”, Kyungsoo turned towards the direction, “I take over the late shift.”

“Late shift?”

“Yes, from seven to twelve.”

 

Kyungsoo felt that Jongin wanted to say something, but the other boy kept silent for a while.

“It's dangerous to be out that late.”, he said then.

“Are you worried about me?”, Kyungsoo laughed, “It's just around the corner. And I am not alone there.”

“I mean it.”

 

Kyungsoo was slightly taken aback by Jongin's seriousness. But it made his heart beating faster, too.

 

“Give me your phone number and I will text you when I get home.” Kyungsoo wasn't sure if he was too blunt, but then he saw how Jongin pulled out his phone. They exchanged their numbers, Kyungsoo's hands slightly shook while typing in the other boy's number.

 

“Okay, then”, Jongin said while standing in front of Kyungsoo's home, “Ehm, see you.”

“Say hello to Min Soo from me!”, Kyungsoo shouted after Jongin, who went back in the same direction they came.

 

While watching him, Kyungsoo clutched his phone, smiling. Just then, he noticed that Jongin walked him home, even though Min Soo's school was in the other direction. He couldn't calm his racing heart...

 

 

* * *

 

“You are thinking of someone.”

“I am not.”, Kyungsoo tried to pretend that his co worker didn't just jolt him out of his thoughts.

“Who is it?”

“Chanyeol, I told you...”

“Is he more handsome than me?”, he took a step closer to Kyungsoo, who busied himself with putting away some cups, “Well, if it's possible, I mean.”

“Yes, he is.”

 

Chanyeol's eyes grew bigger, he made a whining sound, “Are you cheating on me??”

 

Kyungsoo pinched his co worker's side, who started to laugh. In this moment, a customer came in.

 

“Welcome, how can I serve you?”

 

 

* * *

 

 

When Kyungsoo came home later, he quickly said goodnight to his parents and went to his sister's room to kiss them on their cheek.

Then he washed up and changed his clothes in record time. He sat on his bed, his phone in his hands.

 

“I survived the dangerous world outside!”   “Is it just me or are you mocking me? Are you home now?”   “I am.”   “Then you should go to sleep now, you had a tiring day and it's already late.”   “Thank you.”   “For what?”   “Like... for everything. Good night, Jongin.”   “Good night, Kyungsoo.”

 

Kyungsoo knew that he giggled like a little girl, but he just couldn't stop himself. He turned off the lights and went under his covers. Before he fell asleep he reread Jongin's messages a couple of times. 'Good night, Kyungsoo.' He smiled.

 

 

* * * * * *

 

 

“Good morning.”

“Good morning.”, Jongin sat down next to Kyungsoo who brightly smiled at him.

 

They sat down in silent for a moment, before Kyungsoo gathered his courage, “You have dance practice today again, right?”

Jongin nodded, “Do you want to come along?”

 

Kyungsoo tried not to scream, he looked down instead, hiding his blush, “May I?”

“Sure. I will pick you up again, then.”

“Thanks.”

 

Kyungsoo looked out of the window, it was a wonderful and sunny day. He closed his eyes to feel the warmth on his face, and in his heart.

 

After saying goodbye to Jongin, Kyungsoo went to his locker, where Baekhyun was already waiting for him.

 

“Morning, heart-breaker Soo.”

 

Kyungsoo huffed at him, “I am not.” He opened his locker and saw another letter in it.

“Told you. Told you.”

 

Kyungsoo quickly put the letter into his pocket.

 

“What was written in the first letter?”

“Baekhyun.”

“Te~~ll me”, he whined.

 

Both started walking towards their class room.

“I won't”, Kyungsoo said with a smirk, quickening his pace.

 

“Dear Kyungsoo,

it's me again.

If you smile, I want to smile too. But somehow I got selfish and I want this smile to myself.

I am sorry if I use the opportunity to write you the things I always wanted to say to you in these letters. I hope that I will be able to say all these to you personally one day.

Your admirer”

 

Kyungsoo felt how his neck and his face became hot. He read the letter again, still not able to calm his pounding heart.

Who was this person? Kyungsoo had to put the letter away into his pocket, the teacher came in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter