Chapter Ten

Drawn to you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongin looked apologetic and insecure, “Sorry, I shouldn't bother...”

 

Kyungsoo grabbed his arm, dragging him inside.

 

“You are completely drenched!”

He closed the door, his hand never leaving Jongin's arm.

 

“Dad?”

 

Min Soo had his eyes closed, he was breathing heavily.

Kyungsoo's father came rushing from the kitchen. He didn't say anything, he quickly went to Jongin, to take Min Soo in his arms.

 

“His fever is back again. He was fine before... I am sorry, I...”

“Come on in, Jongin.”

 

Kyungsoo waited until Jongin took off his shoes, then he dragged him into the living room, sitting him down on the couch. He saw a bruise on Jongin's cheek and instantly felt a sting in his chest, but he didn't say anything.

 

“Wait here.”

 

Kyungsoo's father carefully lay Min Soo next to Jongin on the couch, feeling his forehead.

 

“Is the clinical thermometer in the bathroom? I will get it.”

 

Kyungsoo rushed out of the room too, to bring some towels. When he came back he saw how Jongin caressed his brother's hand, tracing soothing circles on the back of it. Kyungsoo handed over the towel, instead of drying himself, Jongin dried his brother's face and hand.

 

“I will do this, dry yourself, Jongin.”

“I am sorry, I didn't know where to go elsewhere. Halmoni...she is sick and... ”

“It's okay.”, Kyungsoo lay his hand on Jongin's arm, “You two are safe here.”

 

Jongin nodded and started to rub his face and hair dry.

 

Kyungsoo's father came back, he kneeled in front of Min Soo, taking his temperature. “You have to change your clothes quickly. Kyungsoo, Jongin can wear your clothes, try do find some for Min Soo too.”

“Okay, let's go upstairs then. Min Soo can lie in my bed.”

 

When Kyungsoo's father tried to heave Min Soo up, Jongin rushed to him, “I will do it. Thanks.”

 

Kyungsoo's father nodded and patted his shoulder, “He has a fever, I will go and find some medicine.”

 

Kyungsoo helped Jongin to heave Min Soo on his back, who was still panting heavily. Kyungsoo caressed his hair, worrying about the boy.

 

 

When the arrived in his room, Kyungsoo quickly went to find some fitting clothes, while Jongin carefully lay down his brother.

 

“I think these will fit.”, Kyungsoo handed over some clothes, Jongin immediately started to change the younger boy's clothes.

“Kyungsoo?”, his father shouted from downstairs.

“And these are for you.”, he put some more clothes on the bed for Jongin, “I will go to get the medicine. You can take your time.”

 

When Kyungsoo wanted to go, Jongin stopped him, holding his arm, “Thank you.”

 

Kyungsoo smiled at him, “No need to thank me.”

 

 

Kyungsoo found his father in the kitchen, preparing a warm meal.

 

“Soo honey, bring them the medicine. And take the first aid kit with you.”

“Thank you, Dad.”

 

His father winked at him, “Go, hurry.”

Kyungsoo took the medicine and the first aid kit and hurried upstairs. He quickly checked up on his sleeping sisters, peeking through the slightly open door. He shut it again and went back to his own room.

 

Jongin was just done changing his own clothes, he turned around to Kyungsoo and slightly smiled at him.

 

“Here is the medicine. Take the half of one pill.”

 

Jongin nodded and pushed the half pill between Min Soo's lips, Kyungsoo handed him a glass of water. After Min Soo gulped everything down, Jongin caressed his cheek, tugging him under the covers.

 

“Let him rest. And let me take a look of the wound on your cheek.”

 

Kyungsoo indicated Jongin to sit down on the chair. Jongin was looking down, his fringe hiding his eyes. Kyungsoo lifted his head by touching his chin.

 

“Let me take a look.”

 

He disinfected the wound first, frowning. “It's a pretty deep cut, Jongin.”

 

Both kept silent for a while, saying nothing.

 

“Thank you for not asking. Or getting mad.”

 

Kyungsoo just hummed in response, taking out a patch.

 

“I am just glad that you are here, Jongin. I...", he kept silent for a few seconds, "I want to be your sanctuary.”

 

Jongin looked him directly into his eyes. Kyungsoo gulped, his heart started to race. He wanted to avert his gaze, but Jongin's eyes drew him in.

 

“You are.”

 

Kyungsoo wanted to lean in, wanted to take Jongin into his arms, embracing him, he wanted to kiss his face, to kiss his wounds better. He drew closer, Jongin's gaze was still on him.

 

“Soo Aegi???”, in this moment, Kyungsoo's mother burst in, obviously in worry and concern. Jongin immediately stood up.

 

“Oh, Jongin, are you okay honey?”, she cupped his face, caressing his face with her thumb, avoiding the wound.

“Yes, I am okay.”, Jongin answered, but her worried expression didn't falter.

“You sure?”

 

He nodded.

Then she went over to Min Soo, feeling his forehead.

 

“I will bring you some food later, you are surely hungry.”

“Thank you.”, Jongin bowed to her.

She chucked, “No need to do that.”

 

She turned around to Kyungsoo, smiling at him, “Take good care of our new family members.”, she said with a wink.

 

 

After she left the room, Jongin sat down on the chair again. Kyungsoo cleared his throat, preparing to stick the patch on Jongin's cheek. It was a rather difficult undertaking, Kyungsoo's hands trembled out of nervousness, he thought how close he was to Jongin earlier.

 

“She really treats us like her sons.”

Kyungsoo chuckled, “Well, she already welcomed you into this family, now you two are a part of it.”

 

Jongin lowered his head, but Kyungsoo still could see his shy smile.

 

 

* * *

 

 

 

Kyungsoo's parents brought them soup with chicken and vegetables, upstairs. Jongin sat down on the bed, carefully waking his brother up.

 

“You have to eat something, Soo.”

 

His brother shook his head, but Jongin signed him, “Just a bit.”

 

Kyungsoo helped him sitting up and Jongin feed him a few spoons. After the third spoon, Min Soo shook his head again and Jongin helped him lying down.

 

“You should eat something too.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter