Chapter Thirteen

Drawn to you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was Thursday, the day of their presentation and the day of the exhibition at Min Soo's school. While Jongin was calmly eating his breakfast and feeding both Haru and Maru, Kyungsoo nervously wrote down some notes on his file cards.

 

“You aren't nervous at all, right?”

 

Jongin brightly smiled at him, “No. It's just a presentation.”

 

“Just a presentation... where are your file cards, Jongin?”

“Hm? Why should I need them?”

 

Kyungsoo pouted, “I want to have your memory and your calm.”

 

Jongin's smile didn't fade, he reached down to his school bag, taking out a small note book, “Here, I wrote down some notes for you.”

 

Kyungsoo instantly felt a bit calmer then, because Jongin was by his side.

 

 

* * *

 

When Kyungsoo and Jongin brought Min Soo to school, the boy didn't want to let Kyungsoo go, tightly hugging him around the waist.

Kyungsoo tapped his shoulder, signing him, “We will see each other later at the exhibition.”

A smile spread across Min Soo's face, he nodded.

“See you later then. And thank you for your help, Min Soo.”

 

 

* * *

 

When the teacher called out for Kyungsoo and Jongin to hold their presentation, Kyungsoo was still nervous. He clutched his file cards, glancing over to Jongin who signed him, “Don't be nervous, we can do it.”

 

And they really made it. At first they didn't catch everyone's attention, but gradually Kyungsoo looked in more and more interested faces, while he talked about the dancer Adrien Norton, his life, his struggles and how he succeeded. Jongin hung up Min Soo's drawings that showed the dancer in his most crucial stages of life, illustrating the main points.

 

Jongin quoted the most important dialogues by memory, while Kyungsoo let their classmates interpret their importance.

 

When Jongin demonstrated the dance steps they spoke of in front of the whole class, everyone was in awe. Jongin demonstrated Arabesque, standing on one leg, with his other leg extended behind his body. As well as Brisè and Fouetté rond de jambe en tournant.

 

Kyungsoo smiled at him, feeling proud of the other.

 

They ended the presentation by asking questions and discussing the main point of the book with the class.

They raised a cheer from the whole class as well as from the teacher.

 

“Well, that was extremely well done and really descriptively. I see that you prepared well and that you made an effort to make this presentation the best you could. I think the whole class agrees with me. Well, it was a perfect that you two started, the others can follow your example.”

 

Kyungsoo and Jongin smiled proudly at each other, then they sat back down on their seats. Kris nodded towards them approvingly and Baekhyun gave them a thumbs up.

 

 

* * *

 

During lunch break, Kyungsoo asked Jongin if he wanted to sit at the table at the cafeteria, together with Baekhyun, Kris, Lay and Suho.

 

To Kyungsoo's surprise, Jongin agreed; he also asked Sehun to sit together with them. At first Kyungsoo worried a bit, but both Jongin and Sehun were immediately included. They talked about their literature presentation, while Jongin had to answer all curious questions regarding his dancing. He intertwined his fingers with Kyungsoo's, smiling at him fondly.

 

 

* * *

 

 

The rest of the school day went by quickly. They met at the school entrance after school, saying goodbye to the others and taking the bus to Min Soo's school.

 

Min Soo was already waiting for them in front of his school, waving enthusiastically once he took a glace of his brother and Kyungsoo.

 

He lead them inside the building, who was crowded by students with their family and friends, as well as teachers. At the entrance hall, there was a sculpture exhibition from three students. Min Soo signed them, smiling, that they could look at them later and lead them to the assembly hall where his own drawings were exhibited.

 

Once they entered the room, Kyungsoo's breath was taken away. About twenty drawings were displayed on blackboards. Kyungsoo took Min Soo into his arms, “I am so proud of you.”

 

Jongin ruffled his brother's hair, putting his arm around his shoulders.

 

Min Soo's drawings showed beautiful sceneries, landscapes and scenes from day-to-day life. But the most drawings were about Jongin and Kyungsoo. How they smiled at each other, how Jongin looked at Kyungsoo and how Kyungsoo looked at Jongin.

 

They didn't notice the teacher, until he started to talk, “Min Soo said this made him smile the most. Looking at you two and drawing you made him happy.”

 

Jongin reached out his hand to greet the teacher, so did Kyungsoo.

 

“We knew that he has a wonderful and exceptional talent, but recently he was able to express his feelings in a more beautiful and artistic way. And I think it is thanks to you.” The teacher winked at them

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter