Chapter Eight

Drawn to you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“Kris...I...”

“Don't go.”, Kris repeated.

 

Kyungsoo looked down on his wrist, Kris had a tight grip on him. He tried to pull Kyungsoo closer to him, but Kyungsoo stopped and freed his wrist with his other hand.

 

“I am sorry, Kris. But... it is Jongin.”

 

Kris looked at him, shocked and hurt. Kyungsoo didn't know if Kris really understood the meaning behind his words, but he let go. He avoided eye contact with Kyungsoo, then he looked at him again, an angry expression on his face.

 

“He will hurt you.”

 

Kyungsoo just shook his head and didn't say anything. Then he his heels and run to the direction Jongin disappeared.

 

 

* * *

 

 

Kyungsoo ran as fast as he could, he ran to the direction of the bus station and saw Jongin standing there.

Relieved he went up to him, but when Jongin saw Kyungsoo, he averted his gaze. Kyungsoo's heart immediately dropped.

 

“Jongin”

“What are you doing here? You should go back to Kris.” He averted his gaze and didn't look at Kyungsoo.

 

Jongin's cold attitude hurt Kyungsoo, “Why should I?”

“He just told you that he likes you. You should go to him, he will be able to take good care of you.”

“Take good care of me? Jongin, why are you turning me away, sending me to him?”

 

Jongin still didn't look at Kyungsoo, even though he stood just in front of him.

When Jongin didn't answer, Kyungsoo reached his hand out to him, touching his arm, but Jongin flinched and broke away.

 

“Jongin... I... I like you.”, Kyungsoo thought that his heart would burst any moment.

 

Jongin finally looked at him, taken aback, something glittering in his eyes Kyungsoo wasn't able to catch. He wanted him to say something, anything, but Jongin closed his mouth again, staring coldly at Kyungsoo.

 

“Go back to him.”, he simply said, turning around and walking away.

 

Kyungsoo was shocked and rooted to his spot. He wanted to run after Jongin, stopping him, telling him that he shouldn't send him away, because his place was right next to him. But he couldn't. Kyungsoo just stood there, his legs felt so heavy.

Jongin's words flood his mind... “Go back to him.”

 

 

* * *

 

 

Kyungsoo's mind went blank. He didn't exactly know how he managed to go back to the school. His legs felt wobbly, like they could give way beneath him in a moment.

 

“Kyungsoo?”, Kris run up to him, once he caught sight of him, a worried expression on his face, “Are you okay?”

 

Kyungsoo just nodded, he didn't know what to think or feel or say. The whole time, his biggest fear was rejection. And now, Jongin rejected him, sent him away.

Kris was leading him to a bench and helped him to sit down. After he sat down himself, he kept silent for a moment, “I told you that he would hurt you.”

 

“How did you know?”, Kyungsoo's voice was a whisper, he tried to hold back his tears.

“He always pushed other people away. It was only a question of time.”

 

Kyungsoo knew it, but it hurt nonetheless. He thought, maybe it would be different between them. Kyungsoo turned his head away, wiping away a tear that escaped.

 

“But you know it, right?”

 

Kris didn't say anything.

 

Kyungsoo turned to him, facing him. “You know that I like Jongin, right?”

 

Kris sighed, Kyungsoo saw his hurt expression. After taking in a deep breath he said, “I know. I was watching you for a long time. I saw how you looked at him, it's the same way I look at you.”

“And you still...”

“Yes, I really like you, Kyungsoo. And I think that you will like me too. Just... just give me the opportunity to show it to you.”

 

Kyungsoo shook his head, “It wouldn't be fair.”

 

“Kyungsoo”, Kris' voice was insistent, “I am just asking you for a chance. I won't ask more of you.”

 

When Kyungsoo didn't say anything, Kris drew closer, “Kyungsoo...”

 

Kris wasn't sure if Kyungsoo really heard him, but the other boy nodded, without looking at him.

 

“Can I stay here for a while... alone?”

 

Kris didn't want to the let him alone, but then he nodded, “I will be waiting here for you tomorrow at 2 o'clock. I will be waiting.”, he said. He touched Kyungsoo's shoulder and stood up, walking away. He repeatedly looked back to Kyungsoo, who sat there, motionless.

 

When Kris left the school ground, he felt different emotions bubbling in his chest. He was relived, because he was able to confess to Kyungsoo, the boy he liked for such a long time. He was disappointed because Kyungsoo directly told him that he likes another person... Jongin. And he felt angered. Angered because of Jongin, the one who hurt Kyungsoo.

And then he saw him. Kris clenched his fist and run up to the other, who was obviously looking for someone.

 

“Are you looking for Kyungsoo? If you do, I'll tell you to leave him alone.”

 

Jongin just looked at him without saying a word. When he tried to pass the other, Kris firmly grabbed his arm, stopping him.

 

“I won't talk to him, I just want to see if he is okay.”

 

“If he is okay?”, Kris had to contain himself not to shout at the person opposite to him, “Why do you think you still have the right to see if he is okay? He is not okay, he cried. Because of you. You really are the biggest fool I have ever seen. I don't know what it is, I don't know what made you reject him, but I am glad you did.”

 

Jongin tried to free himself from Kris' grip, but he just grabbed the other's arm stronger.

 

“You had your chance, Jongin. You had your chance and you messed up.”

 

Kris saw hurt in Jongin's eyes, saw the flickering of regret, but he ignored it.

 

“Now, it's my turn. I watched him for so long, endured for so long that he just had eyes for you. But it's over now, so back off.”

 

Kris pushed Jongin away from him. Jongin just looked at him, then he nodded, like he understood Kris' words, like his words were right.

Without saying a word, he turned around and disappeared into the crowd.

 

 

* * *

 

 

Kyungsoo wasn't sure for how long he sat there on the bench, staring into nothing. He lost track of time. The sun was setting a whole while ago, when his phone buzzed. Kyungsoo startled, slowly he took out his phone.

 

“Soo love?”

“Dad?”

“Where are you, sweetie?”

“School?”

“Still at school? I was waiting for you, are you coming home?”

Kyungsoo felt a tear rolling down his cheek, “Yes, I am coming home now.”

 

* * *

 

 

Kyungsoo didn't want his father to see that his eyes were filled with tears. He avoided eye contact and quickly took off his shoes.

 

“Are you okay, son?”

“Yes, I am just tired.”

 

Kyungsoo was glad that his father seemingly understood, he didn't ask further. He let Kyungsoo climb up the stairs to his room, after he patted his sister's heads.

 

“What about dinner?”

“I am not hungry.”

 

Kyungsoo shut the door behind him, leaning against it for a while. He closed his eyes, fighting his tears, but it was useless, he started to sob uncontrollably. He hunched down, tucking up his knees and burying his face into his arms. He later heard how his mother came back and knocked on his door, but he was too tired to answer, too tired to move. He heard his phone buzzing and saw that Kris repeatedly wrote him messages, but Kyungsoo ignored them all.

 

 

* * * * * *

 

 

When Kyungsoo woke up the next morning, he was lying in his bed. He didn't remember how he got there. He turned to his side, opening the drawer and taking out the handkerchief. Kyungsoo smoothed the surface, he closed his eyes.

 

“Jongin... I... I like you.”

“Go back to him.”

 

Again tears were rolling down his face. While sobbing, he drifted back to sleep, the handkerchief clutched in his hands.

 

 

* * *

 

 

He woke up again, when his mother knocked on the door.

 

“Soo Baby?”, she slowly opened the door.

 

Kyungsoo turned to his side, averting his face. He heard how his mother came closer, sitting on his bed after putting down a tray. She touched Kyungsoo's shoulder, gently .

 

“I know that you don't want me to ask, so I won't. But please eat something, you didn't eat dinner yesterday.” She leant towards him and kissed his hair, then she stood up. When she was standing at the door, she turned around once more, “We are always there for you, honey.” She closed the door and Kyungsoo squint his eyes shut, avoiding more tears to fall.

 

 

* * *

 

 

A while later, Kyungsoo looked at his watch, it was 12 o'clock. He had to put in a lot of effort to stand up and walk into the shower. He took his time, enjoying the warm water on his skin. He tried not to think of yesterday, but then Kris came into his mind.

 

“I will be waiting here for you tomorrow at 2 o'clock. I will be waiting.”

 

Kyungsoo sighed, it almost slipped his mind. He didn't want to go out, actually he just wanted to stay in bed the whole day. But it wouldn't be fair towards Kris. He asked for a chance and Kyungsoo didn't want to deny Kris this chance and to disregard his feelings.

 

Fully dressed, he went downstairs, the tray in his hands. His mother came up to him, taking the tray and smiling at him.

 

“You ate everything”, she said fondly.

“Yes. Thank you mom.”

“Are you feeling better?”

 

Kyungsoo looked down and nodded, even though he didn't feel better at all.

 

His sister came running to him, Kyungsoo took them into his arms. The two girls snuggled up to him, burying their faces in either side of his neck. He was thankful towards his family, even though Kyungsoo didn't say anything, the seemingly understood him.

 

“Are you going out?”, his father asked while Kyungsoo put on his shoes.

“Yes. I am going to meet... a friend.”

“Okay, have a wonderful day, son.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter