Chapter Five

Drawn to you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jongin's skin felt warm and so soft under Kyungsoo's lips. He took in Jongin's wonderful distinctive scent. Kyungsoo wanted to lean in again, kiss the beautiful skin of the boy again.

But then Jongin stirred and mumbled something, without opening his eyes. Kyungsoo panicked, his heart pounded even faster in his chest. Before Jongin could open his eyes, Kyungsoo went backwards.

 

“Oh, you are here?”.

“Ye...yes. I am... well... I just...”. Kyungsoo tried not to stutter, but he failed miserably. He still felt Jongin's skin on his lips, a tingling feeling.

“Are you okay?”. Jongin's eyes were just half open, he raised an eyebrow.

“Yes, yes, I am okay.” Kyungsoo forced a smile and took the seat opposite from Jongin. The other boy still wasn't convinced.

“Your face is flushed.”

Of course Jongin would notice, Kyungsoo looked down, even though it was no use to hide it anymore.

 

“I ran to here, I didn't want to let you wait.” Kyungsoo didn't look up, but he could see out of the corner of his eyes that Jongin nodded . He rubbed his eyes, still looking sleepy. Kyungsoo thought it was adorable.

 

“Should we begin then? I have a few ideas for our project.”, Jongin said, one hand still rubbing his eyes, the other hand opening a notebook. Kyungsoo could see pages full of neat handwriting.

Kyungsoo's heart still pounded fast, he considered asking Jongin about the bruise. But then, he was afraid of the other boy's reaction.

 

“Let me ask you first”, Jongin said, jolting Kyungsoo out of his thoughts, “why do you like this book?”.

 

Kyungsoo rubbed his hands, he tried to gather his thoughts and not be distracted too much by Jongin looking directly at him.

“It was fascinating. I was fascinated about the story about this man, Adrien Norton, who loved to dance, who had so much passion about everything he did. All the people who surrounded him, didn't approve of him, saying that dancing was fruitless, that dancing was no art. But he did what he loved and he fought for it. He wanted to show the people who didn't approve of him and the whole world how fair and beautiful dance is, and he did.”

 

Jongin directly looked at him, almost motionless. But Kyungsoo thought he saw something in his eyes. Hope?

 

Then he nodded, “Adrien Norton danced different styles, which did you like the best?”.

Kyungsoo didn't have to consider much, “Ballet.”

Jongin blinked, “Why?”.

Kyungsoo looked down, “I thought it was beautiful.”

 

He loved the description about the different dancing styles in the book. But ballet fascinated him. Usually, when he read about a new dance term, he looked it up in the internet and watched videos about it. Then he imagined Jongin dancing ballet. Jongin always looked so graceful, especially while walking, long and slender legs moving elegantly.

 

Jongin nodded again, “Okay... then...”.

Something in Jongin's voice shifted, it sounded warmer and more emotional.

 

“Did I say something...”, Kyungsoo was interrupted by the buzzing of Jongin's phone. Jongin's expression changed to a shocked one when he read the message.

Kyungsoo became nervous, “Did something happen?”

Jongin jumped out of his chair and quickly gathered his belongings. “I am sorry, I have to go... quickly.”

“Wha... what happened?”.

 

Jongin literally run passing Kyungsoo. He was a few meters away, when he stopped and run back to Kyungsoo. “I am really sorry. Let's talk... tomorrow.” And then he left Kyungsoo in the library, taken by surprise and wondering what happened. Jongin said, they would talk tomorrow, but Kyungsoo couldn't help feeling worried.

 

 

 

* * * * * *

 

 

 

Kyungsoo worried about Jongin half of the night. He couldn't sleep properly, imagining scenarios. He was nervous when he boarded the bus. He sat on his usual seat and waited for Jongin. It was Friday, Kyungsoo liked and hated Friday. He liked it because his first class was history, the class besides literature he shared with Jongin. And he hated it because friday meant there was a weekend to come, two days he couldn't see the other boy.

 

Kyungsoo's heart beat faster, when he saw Jongin. He smiled at him and the other boy nodded.

“Is everything okay?”.

Still standing, Jongin nodded.

 

“What happened? Ehm... do you want to sit down?”. Kyungsoo pointed to the seat next to him. Jongin seemed to consider his options, he looked down on the seat next to Kyungsoo and to the seat at the back of the bus.

 

“Sit down... please?”. Kyungsoo hoped that his voice didn't sound too pleading.

Jongin took his bag off his shoulder and sat down. Kyungsoo hoped he wasn't blushing.

 

“I am sorry about yesterday. I didn't want to leave you alone there.”

Kyungsoo smiled, “It's okay. But what happened?”.

Jongin kept silent for a moment, the he sighed, “My brother.”

Kyungsoo was surprised, “You have a brother?”

Jongin nodded.

“Younger than you?”. Jongin nodded again.

“He was waiting for me after school, I usually pick him up. He was playing around, then he slipped on the school playground and injured his head.”

“Is he okay?”, Kyungsoo's voice was louder than intended.

“He is, he just has a scratch on his head now.”

 

Kyungsoo sighed with relief. He remembered Jongin's shocked expression when he read the message, he surely loved his brother and cared for him.

 

“Do you have... other siblings?”.

Jongin looked at him surprised, like he wasn't expecting that Kyungsoo was interested in him.

“No, just one brother.”

Kyungsoo smiled and thought of his own siblings.

 

 

 

Jongin got off the bus first, Kyungsoo had a hard time following him. He seemed to notice, because he slowed down again, enough for Kyungsoo to catch up.

Kyungsoo tried to take a glimpse of Jongin's neck, but the other was too tall. Kyungsoo considered asking about it, perhaps he will be able to so this soon.

 

Baekhyun was obviously surprised when he saw Kyungsoo coming to school, together with Jongin. He was standing at Kyungsoo's locker, waiting for him. Jongin nodded and passed the two, going to his own locker.

 

“Whoa, whoa, whoa... you were able to stand next to Kim Jongin without melting into a puddle. I am proud of you, Do Kyungsoo.”

Kyungsoo shook his head and smiled, opening his locker door.

“What happened?”.

Kyungsoo looked at him, the he looked over to Jongin, who was talking to Sehun.

“We are talking now, that's all.”

“That's all?”, Baekhyun snickered, “congratulations.” He swung an arm over Kyungsoo's shoulder and dragged him into the class room.

 

 

* * * * * *

 

 

History was a subject Kyungsoo rather enjoyed. It wasn't just because of Jongin, who was sitting in the back of the class, like always. He was eager to learn about past happenings, about famous people and their deeds. Kyungsoo took out his notebook and scribbled down the date at the top of the page.

 

The bell rang and a teacher came in, Kyungsoo only saw once in the hallway. There was a murmur in class.

 

“Everyone sit down and be quiet.” The teacher had a stern voice, the class went silent immediately. “I will substitute your history teacher, Mr. Jung, he is ill with pneumonia. Take out your books, we will talk about Korea under Japanese rule today.”

 

Kyungsoo took out his book and the teacher immediately started talking, sheets in his hands “Korea underwent drastic changes under Japanese rule...”.

Kyungsoo tried to write everything down the best he could. Every fact, every date and every information. “... in 1907 in favor of his feeble son, who was soon...”

He had a hard time writing everything down, he look

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter