Chapter One

Drawn to you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There was a boy and Kyungsoo thought he was beautiful.

 

Usually people liked bright eyes, but Kyungsoo thought that expressive but sad eyes were the most beautiful. Usually people liked wide smiles, but Kyungsoo thought that full lips which barely talked were so much more beautiful.

 

These sad eyes and these full lips made Kyungsoo's heart skip a beat, every morning he boarded the bus and saw him. They made him take the bus 166 instead of the bus 145, because he knew that the boy would take the 166 bus. Kyungsoo had to leave his house 20 minutes earlier then, but it was worth it. Because Kyungsoo then could see his beauty and his heart could feel warm.

 

They never talked, Kyungsoo wasn't even sure if the boy noticed him. Noticed that he stole glances and that he tried to oppress his smile when he saw him. But Kyungsoo knew his name, read his name tag: Kim Jongin. Even his name was beautiful, Kyungsoo thought.

Kyungsoo made sure that his own name tag was visible, for the other boy to read. But he wasn't even sure if Jongin even took a look in Kyungsoo's direction.

 

Today, like every morning, Jongin took a seat at the back of the bus, passing Kyungsoo, who took a seat in the middle row. Kyungsoo could take in his scent, light and pleasant and he could hear him sigh. Kyungsoo imagined how he reached out his arm, stopping Jongin. He imagined how he confidently introduced himself, “Hey, I am Kyungsoo, it would be nice to get to know you, because I think you are a wonderful person!”. But then he shook his head, Jongin would never look at him. After Jongin passed him, he leant back, sighing.

 

After a while, the bus stopped just in front of their school. Kyungsoo pretended to be busy packing his backpack, waited for Jongin to stand up and then followed him out of the bus and onto the school ground. Today was monday, they would not share any classes today, so Kyungsoo tried to be near Jongin as long as possible. With some distance Kyungsoo followed Jongin into the school, the stairs up and to the lockers. He saw how Jongin met Sehun, the only friend he seemed to have. Kyungsoo merely saw Jongin talk to other people. In their shared classes, Jongin always sat in the back, never raising his hand, but he knew all answers when teachers asked him a questions. Kyungsoo was always proud of him then. People who didn't know Jongin, thought that he was lazy, but Kyungsoo knew that Jongin was eager, that he was always attentive. Kyungsoo loved that about him and he wanted to shout out to the world to look closer to Jongin, to see what a wonderful person he is.

 

Kyungsoo opened his locker and put his books away he didn't need for his first class. He watched Jongin and Sehun from the mirror, he had put on the door of his locker. Jongin smiled, Sehun surely said something funny. Kyungsoo didn't notice that he smiled too.

“You look like an idiot when you grin like that.”

Kyungsoo's smile didn't falter, he didn't take his eyes off Jongin.

“Hi Baekhyun”, Kyungsoo said without looking at him.

The bell rang and Jongin and Sehun walked away, off to their first class. Kyungsoo sighed and closed his locker door. He probably won't be able to see Jongin today anymore.

“Come on, let's go, smitten Soo. I didn't finish my homework, let me copy it.”

“I won't let you.”

“Aww, come on Soo, I'll buy you a chocopie! See! You are thinking about it. Come on!”.

Baekhyun got Kyungsoo in a headlock and messed up his hair, laughing. Even after Kyungsoo punched Baekhyun's side lightly, he didn't let go and just started to laugh louder. Like this they headed to their class room, and they both didn't notice how sad eyes watched them and how lips that never seem to smile, curled up slightly.

 

* * * * * *

 

Their first class was math. Kyungsoo didn't like it much, opposite to Lay, who sat next to him and eagerly wrote down everything. Baekhyun on his other side, yawned and played with his pencil. Kyungsoo, nonetheless, tried to pay attention to the teacher. He wanted to learn as much as he could, just like Jongin. He even started to read books again after he saw Jongin reading during lunch break. He used to really enjoy reading books, imagining of other worlds, taking in beautiful rows of words other people wrote. Then he somehow stopped paying attention to books, but now he was glad that he bought them again. Jongin surely had a great influence on him, Kyungsoo thought and smiled.

“I see, you seem to like curve sketching, Mr. Do”, the teacher said with a grin and startled Kyungsoo, “So please come to the front, we all want to see why you smile in the middle of a class.”

 

* * * * * *

 

“You surely daydream a lot lately, Kyungsoo”, Lay said when they left the class room and headed to their next class.

“He is thinking of his dream guy, Kim Jongin”, Baekhyun said with a snicker. Kyungsoo punched his chest, but Baekhyun just laughed, he seemed to enjoy it.

“Kim Jongin? The handsome bad guy?”.

“He isn't a bad guy, Lay. He never harms other people, not even in the slightest. Just because he doesn't talk, he isn't a bad boy. Please, don't misunderstand him.”

Kyungsoo thought of the day he first met Kim Jongin. It was three years ago, they were both in their last year of middle school. Kyungsoo was jogging along the riverside when it started to rain. He tried to seek shelter under a tree, when he saw a boy who didn't seem to mind the rain. He wore the uniform from Kyungsoo's school and he wondered why he never saw this boy before. The said boy walked through the rain, headphones on. Then he stopped, looking down on a box someone left on the grass. Kyungsoo observed the whole situation with some distance. The boy took his backpack, opened it and took out an umbrella. Ky

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter