002

The Wedding Planner
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

▲ Someday We'll Know - Mandy Moore ft. Jonathan Foreman

“Sure.” This four letter word left Kyungsoo’s mouth passing his lips agreeing to the hardest wedding he would plan in his life – the wedding of his greatest love in life and what made it harder was that she wasn’t getting married to him.

 

And as much he wanted to say ‘no’ and plead her not to get married because she should be married to him, he just couldn’t pull his entirety together and do so. Gureum was still his best friend and he loved her so much he wanted her to be happy.

 

He knew her oh so well and she knew him at the same degree. He was pretty sure she would want him around all the time – that they would plan the wedding together (this included Baekhyun too). This closeness would kill him yet he still didn’t change his mind.

 

“Thank you so much, Soo! You’re the best!” her eyes curved into crescents as the sun’s rays reflected on them making them shine in broad daylight. The man who sat beside her simply smiled and thanked Kyungsoo.

 

“You’re welcome,” Kyungsoo merely uttered. Their lunch had been served after a few moments and the girl started eating. He stared.

 

“Sorry about a while ago. I didn’t know she had a boyfriend – well, a fiancée,” Kyungsoo forcefully smiled to the male in front of him which the latter returned but in a more sincere way. “It’s alright. She did tell me how close you were.”

 

Gureum’s attention shifted from the talk to the pasta on her plate. Like a little child, she smiled at the sight of it and picked up the fork lying beside it. Before twisting the strands of pasta with her fork, she did what she had to do: she carefully moved the olives to one side of her plate. Why? Because she didn’t like olives.

 

“I’ll be getting these!” Kyungsoo randomly exclaimed. His fork jammed onto the olives sitting prettily on Gureum’s plate and he took them in his mouth eating them.

 

“So you don’t eat olives,” Baekhyun said and turned to his fiancée and she smiled as agreement. “I see. I don’t like them too,” Baekhyun’s eyes smiled along with his lips after his remark.

 

Kyungsoo only looked at the couple in front of him not knowing how to react. Obviously, they still didn’t know a lot of things about each other and he found that very alarming. Why get married to a person you barely know? Why hitch yourself and throw your forever away to a person who doesn’t know if you like olives or not?

 

In conclusion, he found Gureum’s choice wrong. She might have been forced by impulse or peer pressure.

 

“She doesn’t like olives while I like them,” Kyungsoo blurted out making Gureum and Baekhyun divert their attentions to him. “Gureum and I call it the ‘olive theory’.” Kyungsoo chuckled and Gureum turned a shade of pink. “Don’t tell it. It’s embarrassing!” she rebutted but Kyungsoo went on.

 

“Gureum was dumped by this guy when we were in college and she was so obsessed with him which was why she got very devastated when he dumped her. We were both miserable with our relations

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter