003

The Wedding Planner
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

▲ Pretty Baby - Dino Robles (Cover)listen

Kyungsoo’s foot tapped on the hardened wooden floors of a nearby coffee shop where he and his friend usually met: Heaven. He sat at his usual table by the window and simply had his chin resting on the palm of his hands as he waited for his companion. Thoughts of Gureum filled his mind like the way her hair would sway along with the wind and the way her eyes would twitch whenever she got nervous. He smiled along with the thought of her. He just loved her so much.

 

His daydreaming and reminiscing was unfortunately – and fortunately – cut off when a barista named Minseok served his espresso. He greeted the male barista calling his name and, in return, Minseok gave a polite bow and smile. Minseok was close to Kyungsoo as the former was the one who took his orders whenever Minseok’s boyfriend, Luhan, wasn’t around.

 

“Minseok!” Kyungsoo heard a deep voice call out his friend’s name and he turned to look for the voice’s owner. A tall man about 6 feet tall with a somewhat slim yet muscular physique greeted him with a big smile. “I’m getting the usual, Minseok!” the tall male added before pulling the chair in front of Kyungsoo.

 

“Took you forever to come here, Park Chanyeol!” Kyungsoo mocked and the other male just gave him his annoying (well, to Kyungsoo it was annoying) puppy dog eyes. “Yah! At least I came!” Chanyeol retorted and started tapping his fingers on the table top. “So what’s the dilemma?” he added.

 

Kyungsoo let out a sharp breath. “It’s Gureum,” he merely uttered and just the mention of her name got Chanyeol excited. “She’s back! She’s back! I missed her a lot!” Chanyeol started babbling but Kyungsoo didn’t seem excited. “She’s getting married Yeol.” Chanyeol’s mood suddenly slumped down hard on the floor like the way his shoulders dropped. Kyungsoo’s voice was shaky when he continued to speak, “and I’m planning her wedding.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Gureum slipped into her off-white huge knitted sweater after a long day’s hard work in cleaning her apartment. A year and a half already passed since she last stayed her mini haven of comfort and sleep. Although she cleaned a few things and rearranged some of the furniture, she didn’t really exert a bucket load of sweat in cleaning her little home. Why would she? Kyungsoo was a cleanaholic – if a word like that existed in the dictionary and the boy would maintain her apartment for her when she was abroad.

 

She headed to her fridge getting the handle and opening the door. The warm light it emitted along with the cold vapor welcomed her and she couldn’t help but smile. Kyungsoo always took care of her and she, in return, took care of him too. She saw her fridge full of the things she loved to eat and drink such as yogurt and milk. She also noticed a note glued onto one of the milk cartons that read: “I did your groceries for you since I know you so well. The milk’s not sour! I promise! Kekeke ^_^.” She flapped the carton’s top open and got a glass nearby pouring herself a drink.

 

Finishing the glass, she left it sitting by the kitchen sink and hurriedly went back to her room. She forgot to set up something after cleaning her pad. She forgot to frame a photo of her and Baekhyun. Why? Because he was her fiancée and it would be weird not to have a photo of them together on display. Most especially, most of the framed pictures in her apartment were of her and Kyungsoo through the years – through almost every event.

 

She took out a photo of her and Baekhyun inside one of her organizers and placed it in a white frame standee by her bedside table. She got a few more photos in her other notebooks and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter