009

The Wedding Planner
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

▲ That's How You Know - Enchanted

“She is getting married. What am I supposed to do? Break them up?” Kyungsoo nearly screams through the phone. Chanyeol doesn’t understand the idea of ‘Gureum getting married… to another guy’ and Kyungsoo tries his hardest to explain it. “She’s happy. I can’t do that. I just have to be happy for her.” Kyungsoo continues talking to Chanyeol until the latter is fed up of Kyungsoo’s drama and cowardice.

 

“If you love her, then tell her you love her,” Chanyeol responds in an annoyed manner. Kyungsoo’s heavy sigh echoes through the phone. He needs to let Chanyeol know that the Kyungsoo and Gureum ship will never sail. “You don’t under-” Kyungsoo is cut off by the now pissed Chanyeol.

 

“If you love her, show her you love her. No buts. No what ifs. Damn it, Kyungsoo. You’ve been hiding in your shell for ten years? Ten freaking years! You’ve been in love with the same girl for 10 years. You haven’t dated anyone for 10 years!” Kyungsoo is dumbfounded and speechless. Chanyeol is right – Kyungsoo is indeed in love with Gureum but his friend is also wrong. Why would Kyungsoo risk his friendship with Gureum for his selfishness?

 

“I’ve been in love with her for nine years. Not ten. Nine,” Kyungsoo corrects Chanyeol and the other male just sighs. “Man, you haven’t had in nine years. Are you going to be celibate? Will you wait for her? I mean, you could die waiting.” Chanyeol’s ranting calms down a notch and Kyungsoo has to admit that his gigantic guy best friend has laid points to be considered. “I’ll wait for forever if I have to. I don’t know, Yeol. I tried dating other people and you know it didn’t work. I only love her.”

 

Chanyeol’s grumbling reverberates through Kyungsoo’s phone. “Then show her you love her. I give up, man. If you can’t show her you love her then how will she know? Not just best friend love. Show her yourself as a man. Haven’t you watched Enchanted?”

 

Kyungsoo giggles upon hearing Chanyeol’s final statement and they both hang up.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Kyungsoo hops in his car, turns the ignition on and drives to a place he’s very familiar with – a place he considers his home. He stops for a few minutes at a nearby flower shop and gets a dozen of white roses arranged beautifully and finished off with a bow. He continues driving until he reaches the parking space and he steps out of his car.

 

He rides an elevator up the 14th floor – his feet constantly tapping the floor and his eyes glancing at his watch. Kyungsoo fidgets. He feels uneasy. He doesn’t want to be late. Funny thing is that there is no appointment and truthfully, he will never be late.

 

But Kyungsoo knows that he is already late.

 

9 years late.

 

He gets out of the lift and heads to the right wing of the building. He keeps on walking until he finds the correct room number nailed on the unit door. 1412.

 

 

 

 

 

Gureum bought her pad using up all of her savings and Kyungsoo’s help – because the male wanted to get a share of the house. Both of them went to showrooms around the city to look for Gureum’s perfect place. After two weeks of searching, Gureum settled for a minimalist looking unit in a complex near Kyungsoo’s office. Her new home was a thirty minute drive (if there is traffic) from her best friend’s workplace.

 

With the short time travel from Kyungsoo’s office to Gureum’s new pad, Kyungsoo would spend most of his n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter