010

The Wedding Planner
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

▲ Mr. Chu - APink

Kyungsoo squeaks in the middle of his big work ethics speech in front of his employees. This sudden – and not to mention embarrassing action – has earned him a few giggles from his employees. The emotionless ‘I am disappointed’ look, stern voice and serious vibe which he had practiced in front of the mirror the night before was immediately replaced with a cute, squishy and adorable Do Kyungsoo. He was always cute. Gureum has said it before that he is cute and forever young looking. But also is Baekhyun.

 

His phone vibrates endlessly and he hisses under his breath as he fishes for his phone. He turns the screen on and sees a notification that he has a ‘cake testing and cooing with Seo Joohyun’ an hour from the current time. He groans in annoyance that he actually forgot an important task for Gureum – and Baekhyun’s – wedding.

 

After checking his phone, he glares annoyingly – but cutely – at his employees and leaves them with a “Now, get back to work!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I know you can do it, Joohyun. I know you can do everything in a month’s time,” Kyungsoo pleads. His eyes turn to glass as he begs the female patisserie standing behind the counter. “Kyungsoo, your friend’s wedding is not the only wedding in my list. I still have three to prepare for and you know it’s not easy.” The female’s voice is stern and it almost made Kyungsoo give up on his persuading.

 

Kyungsoo tries one last time and pleads to Joohyun, the owner and head patisserie of Billet Duox, cooing the girl to give in. “Please, Joohyun. Just say ‘yes’ to this wedding. I’ve brought in ten couples to your store who have recommended you to their friends. Can’t you just adjust your schedule for me?” Joohyun crosses her arms and her lips tug into a helpless smile. She nods her head and goes, “Alright, Kyungsoo. Alright. I’ll do it”. Kyungsoo lets out a smile so natural his eyes light up and his cheeks turn into another shade of light pink. Kyungsoo uses his cuteness to charm his way.

 

Kyungsoo walks over to Gureum who is sitting opposite of Baekhyun as they indulge on some pastries they like. Kyungsoo looks at her as he strides closer to where she is and he is enchanted.

 

Kyungsoo is enchanted – captivated by the way Gureum’s eyes light up whenever she is happy, the way her nose crinkles when she laughs, the way her teeth peep through her lips when she shyly smiles and the way her hands make involuntary gestures whenever she speaks. Kyungsoo is taken in captive by Gureum’s entirety and she doesn’t even know it.

 

His eyes then travel from Gureum to the other individual sitting opposite of her and his heart sinks. Gureum is engaged and Kyungsoo tends to forget it. He knows her from cover to cover if she was a book. Kyungsoo knows everything about her even the things she doesn’t know she has or does. And Kyungsoo knows he used to be the person who made Gureum beam up. But he is not that person now. Baekhyun is.

 

Baekhyun – his best friend’s fiancée – is now the person who is the reason of her sparkling orbs, wrinkling nose and lovely smile. Kyungsoo wants to hate that fact but it is a fact that cannot be proven wrong.

 

“How’s talking to the patisserie?” Baekhyun puts an end to Kyungsoo’s enchantment and the latter snaps back to reality’s version of reality. He plasters a smile on his face and delivers the good news. “Joohyun agreed!” He announces and Gureum impulsively stands up and hugs Kyungsoo tight. Baekhyun smiles and Gureum steps back.

 

“Thanks, Kyungsoo. You’re really the best friend anyone could have.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“How did you manage to get her agree to our request?” Baekhyun looks at the rear view mirror as he asks Kyungsoo. The latter smiles and playfully remarks, “She has the hots for me. I just turned her down”. Baekhyun laughs and agrees.

 

Guruem snorts out of the blue not believing the words of her best friend. “That pretty girl having the hots for you? No way. Don’t be a liar, Kyungsoo.” Kyungsoo continues on insisting his reason that Seoul’s most demanded patisserie, Seo Joohyun, said ‘yes’ to him is because the girl likes him. Which is not really a lie.

 

“Joohyun told me before that she likes me. If I’m not mistaken, it was after I introduced her to my clients: Cho Kyuhyun and Lee Sunkyu. At their wedding after party, she came up to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter