004

The Wedding Planner
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

▲ Steps - Taemin

“Let me come with you, please! Gureum, please!” Baekhyun literally begged and pleaded his fiancée to let him come with her to the bridal store. The female shrugged off all his pleadings even if his knees were already numb from kneeling down on the floor.

 

“Seeing the bride in her wedding dress is bad luck, Byun Baekhyun!” she lectured going on with the famous superstition but the male’s determination didn’t falter. He continued to ask Gureum and even rebutted her former statement with a “but you don’t even believe in superstitions!” argument. Gureum reached out her hands to Baekhyun offering them for support and he took them in his pushing his own self to stand up. “Does this mean I can go with you? I really want to see how you look,” Baekhyun asked once more but this time in a soft manner and Gureum painted a smile on her face.

 

“No.”

 

Baekhyun frowned.
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Why am I again here?” Kyungsoo asked as his best friend dragged her along with him to a bridal store in Hongdae. “Cause you’re my wedding planner and my man of honor,” Gureum whined.

 

“It should be maid of honor, stupid! Find a girl,” Kyungsoo shrugged her arm of his and Gureum plumped her lips out forming a pout. “But you’re my best friend!” she whined and continued on that her best friend should be the one standing beside her on her wedding day – even if her best friend was a guy.

 

Kyungsoo’s heart cringed upon the sight of his best friend, Gureum, acting cutely and all feminine. She rarely did these types of things and he couldn’t help but enjoy it. His heart-shaped lips formed a smile and he offered his arm extending it a little. Gureum stopped from all her whining and complaining and held Kyungsoo’s arms as they entered the mini bridal store.

 

“Good morning,” a female attendant greeted the two upon their entrance. “Kyungsoo ssi, you’ve come!” she added as if she was happy to see the man. “It’s been quite some time, Hyoyeon ssi,” Kyungsoo said greeting the blonde haired attendant back.

 

Gureum wandered around the store as she eyed every single dress they offered. They had designer dresses from Vera Wang to Monique Lhuiller and she was astounded upon the beauty of the garment. Although she found them beautiful, she still had to face the hardest decision of all: what to wear?

 

“What do you think looks good?” Gureum tugged Kyungsoo by the arm taking his attention away from Hyoyeon. “You’ll look beautiful in anything. Take my word for it.” He looked at her deep in the eyes catching her gaze. “You’re so cheesy!” she playfully teased and got back to looking for the perfect dress.

 

“Seems like the wedding planner is getting married, eh?” Hyoyeon kidded around although she hoped that Kyungsoo would say ‘yes’. “She’s my best friend,” Kyungsoo started off his long speech of the undeniable fact that he was planning his best friend’s – slash the girl he loved the most – wedding. “That’s lovely,” Hyoyeon immediately reacted when she heard the first sentence. She intently anticipated what Kyungsoo was going to say next. “And of course, I’m the wedding planner between the two of us so I’m expected to plan the wedding,” he lets out a sharp breath pass his mouth, “to plan her wedding to her fiancée. She met him in New York,” Kyungsoo continued and chuckled softly.

 

“But you love her, don’t you?” Hyoyeon pressed the question on the boy as if he needed to answer it like his life depended on it. But his life really depended on whether or not he loved his best friend. And he did. He loved her all his life but he was too chicken to tell it to her. Of course, if things turned sour if they were in a romantic relationship then their friendship would crash to the ruins. He didn’t want that. Kyungsoo didn’t want to risk the possibility of losing her. Just the thought of not being with her troubled him which was he chose to not say anything about he felt. He wanted to be in the place where they would avoid conflicts.

 

He swallowed an invisible lump in his throat and answered as coolly as possible, “I love her. She’s my best friend. I’m obliged to love her.” A fake laugh escaped his lips not too long after and Hyoyeon gave him a disapproved look.

 

“Soo,” Gureum called out and he turned his full attention to her. “Can you try some of the sample suits they have here? Baek and you have the same size and I just want to check if they would look good on him,” she gave out a soft smile and disappeared pass the curtains

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter