013

The Wedding Planner
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

▲ Cross My Mind - Twin Forks

Another flashback chapter!
 

Lunch dates with Baekhyun have been typical and normal for Gureum. They eat lunch together almost every single day and as much as she wants to deny the truth, she can’t. She finds Baekhyun really charming. But of course, she can’t simply give her soul to another guy or something. Relationships, love, does not work that way.

 

“He is clearly into you!” Irene, Gureum’s coworker chimes breaking her trance. Sooyeon overhears and joins in the conversation. “See! See! I told you, Lawyer Boy is in love with you!” The latter gushes.

 

Gureum raises an eyebrow to both of the girls and gives them a skeptical look. “This,” her hands makes an exaggerated gesture, “is not love nor ‘into me’”.

 

“Why are you so stubborn to see it? You guys go out every day. He complements on how beautiful you are. He sends you ‘good morning’, ‘good afternoon’, ‘good evening’, ‘good night’, ‘how are you doing’ and ‘have you eaten’ text messages on a daily basis. Don’t tell me he’s just being a,” Sooyeon does quotation mark gestures using her fingers for the emphasis on what she is about to say, “good friend!”

 

Gureum is cornered by both girls who earnestly dish her about the boy who is obviously head over heels in love with her. She wants to deny it but she cannot.

 

Why?

 

Because Baekhyun himself has told her that he has feelings about her and that he is really serious on making the idea of ‘them’ happen.

 

As much as the idea makes her smile and gives her butterflies in her stomach, she cannot just throw her feelings for Kyungsoo away. Not Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo is love. Love is Kyungsoo. Just because someone gives her the same feelings she experiences with Kyungsoo – but only better because the feelings are more than reciprocated – does not mean she loves him.

 

“I just cannot rush into this. It has been three months since I’ve met him and four months since I’ve been here. It cannot be love. It’s just attraction and desire,” Gureum defends and tries earnestly to go back to the business she is doing. Sooyeon and Irene don’t stop but shifts the mood from playful teasing to a serious interrogation.

 

“Tell me how you feel about him.” Irene looks sternly at Gureum and Gureum looks at both of her friends. “Well…” She sets aside the documents she has been studying the entire day and gives her friends her attention. The two girls eagerly stand and listen to what Gureum has to say. It has been a matter of time.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter