006

The Wedding Planner
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

▲ Don't Go - EXO-K

“Venue! You don’t have a venue yet.” Kyungsoo’s fingers clutched onto his phone tightly as he talked to Gureum who was on the other end. He gave out short replies of agreement and hung up. He walked closer to his desk and pressed the caller button alerting Sunyoung’s line. He called Sunyoung into his office and the female came in automatically.

 

“We’ll be looking for venues today and,” he sighed, “I’ll be cancelling the appointment I have for the Huangs. Or if you think you can handle it, just attend it for me. Let Sehun tag along.” The female in front of him nodded as a response and headed for the door. Although Sunyoung wanted to ask Kyungsoo on things regarding the wedding he was planning, she decided not to. She knew Kyungsoo well – not as much as Gureum but she did know that the boy was suffering right now. Sunyoung’s hand reached for the door knob and before turning it, she looked at the male one more time. A soft sigh escaped her lips and then she went out. She wasn’t anyone special anyways. She was just his secretary.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Kyungsoo met with Gureum – and also Baekhyun – at La Sfera for the second time ever since his best friend announced her engagement. He wasn’t late but he got there after the couple did. Gureum greeted him the moment she saw him and Baekhyun gave a polite smile. He curtly nodded his head and took a seat in front of the two.

 

“I ordered your favorite – your usual,” Gureum managed to say, “I hope it’s alright?” she smiled. Kyungsoo responded with a short ‘okay’ and cut the chase. He laid the brown leather planner he held on top of the table opening it. His fingers flipped through the pages until he found a black tab that had silver-colored text written on it. Byun – Won Nuptials. He took a pen out of the inside pocket of his coat and started scribbling on the paper.

 

“Are you sure with the dress? But that’s not our problem. We need,” Kyungsoo paused for a short while. He cleared his throat and continued “Rather, you guys need a venue for both the wedding and the wedding reception.” He emphasized the phrase ‘you guys’ as, after all, this event was the couple’s wedding and not his. “So do you have any plans?” he asked looking stern and still. Feelings should not be involved with work.

 

“We want to get married in a church,” the other male said and Gureum immediately agreed with him. Kyungsoo, his eyes still focused on the planner, wrote the word ‘church’ down. He looked up to Gureum then Baekhyun then asked, “how about the wedding reception?” Baekhyun spoke up once again saying that Gureum had the privilege to choose on where she’d like the reception to be held.

 

Waiting for Gureum’s answer, Kyungsoo’s thumb kept on playing with his pen. It wasn’t because he was impatient but it was mainly because he wanted his mind to feel at ease – well, at least even for a little bit. Gureum finally decided on her answer the same time Kyungsoo’s meal was served. “I want it to be in a pavilion – or a garden.” Kyungsoo picked up the fork beside his plate and started eating his me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter