008

The Wedding Planner
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

▲ The Moonlight is Setting - Heora

As cliché as it sounded, Kyungsoo believed in the saying, “sometimes, the people meant for us are the ones in front of us”. He did. With all his heart.

 

He just didn’t know why Gureum didn’t believe it – because she couldn’t see him ever since he realized he loved her – ever since they were 18.

 

It had been a month since he and Minah broke up for the second time after seeing the girl making out with some guy named Kibum. The sight broke him but it didn’t kill him. He was miserable at first but he didn’t feel all that down. Why would he? Besides that it had been the second time Minah cheated on him, there was a girl in his life named Won Gureum who saved him from his misery.

 

For that span of a month when Kyungsoo felt like crap about himself, the girl would stay over his house having sleepovers with him. There was nothing malicious with the idea of spending her the night at his house anyways. They were just friends. She would sleep soundly like a baby on his bed while he would be wide awake lying on the floor. He would steal glances of her peaceful slumber and he would sigh. As he looked at her, he felt something different inside his chest and he knew. He loved her all along.

 

He was in a relationship with Minah whom he was infatuated with. But his love was with his best friend the entire time. He realized it just that moment when his eyes gazed at her face from her eyes to her lips. She was perfect and he was a mess yet she loved him – as her best friend. She was always with him – beside him through every single thing he had been through and he was the same with her. He had been with her all throughout that it only took him one look to know how she felt. It only took one phone call – one voicemail, for him to hint the misery in her voice and he would run to her. He would run – even, sprint – his way to wherever she was leaving whatever he was doing and whoever he was with just to comfort her. Because that’s what they shared – they were best of friends and these were the things best friends did.

 

His eyes turned glass as he held back his hand not giving in to the want to touch her features. He wanted to trail his fingers along her face admiring her. He wanted to wake her up and pull her into an awkward embrace. He wanted to tell her he loved her – that she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter