001

The Wedding Planner
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

▲ Butterfly - Jessica (SNSD) and Krystal [f(x)]

“Sir, the Kims are on line one. They want to schedule an appointment later at five. Will I pencil it in?” a female voice echoed through his office’s answering machine and he simply replied, “cancel everything for today. I have somebody to meet.”

He stood up from his black leather office chair and placed five folders with yellow sticky notes at one pile and another three with green sticky notes at the other pile beside it. He pressed a button on his answering machine and said, “Sunyoung, please come in.” The same female voice answered a polite ‘yes’. He moved away from his desk and loosened up a bit. He let out a deep breath and focused his attention on the transparent glass window in front of him.

The next moment, a tan-skinned girl entered his office. Sunyoung didn’t utter any word upon her entrance. Her eyes immediately fixed on the pile of folders sitting idly on his desk and she consequently took them into her possession. She headed for the door but turned before doing so.

“Wait. You’re not accepting the Parks’ deal?” she questioned him but he didn’t budge nor moved. He nodded his head as he stared at the picturesque of a busy street in Seoul displayed in front of him. “But… their offer is big! They want to pay us a lot!” Sunyoung defended. “I’m busy that day. I have plans already. And Sunyoung, we don’t come to them. They come to us,” his voice filled the room’s atmosphere yet he still looked so calm.

“Gureum’s back, isn’t she?” Sunyoung asked and she saw him etch a smile on his face yet his eyes didn’t leave the view outside. “She is,” he said under his breath and looked at his secretary – one of the few people he trusted with his secret: he was in love with his best friend. “I see,” Sunyoung said and smiled at the man in front of her.

Sunyoung closed the door behind her shut leaving him alone in his spacious office. He didn’t mind the loneliness though since he would be with her in a few. He fished for his phone in his right pocket and checked for recent notifications. His lips curled into another smile when there was one – a new message. His fingers hurriedly tapped the screen of his smartphone opening the message. He smiled even more – well, internally – when he saw the sender’s name: Gureum. His eyes went through every letter and every period the message had and it made him even happier.

Gureum was bringing a client for him and she wanted for him to not say ‘no’ to the client.

He glanced at the clock hanging on his wall and hurriedly took his coat sitting on his chair. He got out of the room closing the door behind him and telling Sunyoung “I’ll be back by the end of the day.” The female simply nodded her head as she took a sip from her drink and wished him a ‘good luck’. He and Sunyoung weren’t just officemates; they were also friends.
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

He wore his coat while walking to the parking lot of his office building. His hand crept its way to his coat’s inside pocket taking his keys and pressing a button making his car beep. He got inside his most precious material possession – his baby. Placing the key to where

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter