New Super Mario Bros. Brawl

Miracle (??) in December

“Hey, Sehun,” Luhan poked his friend on the arm. “You haven’t played Mario Kart yet. It’s downstairs.”

                “Oh yeah,” Sehun responded in Korean. Then he turned to the other members. “Hey everyone! Who wants to have a Mario Kart tournament downstairs?!” Everyone cheered... except for Baekhyun, who had not smiled once that evening. “But only three people can play at a time.” Sehun checked his phone for the time – 10:30 pm. As long as Justin’s parents didn’t suddenly come back, they had lots of time. Besides, Alyssa and Kimberly were staying the whole night.

                Alyssa, Kimberly, and Luhan played a trial round, and to everyone’s amazement, Luhan won. “And that, my fellow EXO members, is how you play Mario Kart.” He turned to the girls and smiled apologetically. “I’m sorry for pushing you off Rainbow Road so many times.” In response, Alyssa and Kimberly pushed him off the bed, which was a surprisingly easy task, as Luhan was very light. “So, who wants to play?” Luhan asked from his position on the ground.

 Sehun, Xiumin and Kris volunteered first, and soon the whole group – even Baekhyun – was having a blast. Kris needed to separate Chen and Alyssa, who were grappling for control of the controller; and believe it or not, Alyssa was winning. That is, until Luhan wrenched the Nintendo controller from both of their hands. Chen scooched backward, bullets of sweat dripping down his forehead, and sighed, “Woo! You’re so strong.” “You too,” Alyssa added.

Meanwhile, Sehun had Justin in a headlock, saying that it was his turn to play with Luhan. Kimberly and Lay were sitting in the corner, eyes glued to the action in the guest room. Tao accidentally threw the controller and hit Lay, who subsequently wrestled him to the ground, pushing him into Faith. Faith’s nose was bleeding, and Lay had to apologize twenty times while he held tissues to Faith’s nose. Xiumin, looking at his dongsaengs in shock, created a blizzard that blasted Lay to the bathroom, where Chanyeol was doing number two. Chanyeol stormed into the guest room, toilet paper dragging from his pants, and set Xiumin on fire, and Faith burst into tears at the sight of the burning Xiumin.  Suho tried to douse him, but ended up flooding the entire room instead.

Chanyeol then returned to the bathroom, where Lay lay unconscious, and threw him upstairs. Kimberly pulled him onto the living room couch and set a blanket on his half-conscious body. With a good-night peck on the cheek, she hurried back downstairs, where Tao was wrestling Alyssa. It seemed like a pretty even fight until Tao knocked Alyssa out with a pillow. Alyssa would’ve flew out the window if it hadn’t been for teleporting Kai catching her. Kimberly tackled Tao onto the bed, and the two collided in a cloud of feathers. Tao looked like a chicken with a bloody lip, while Kimberly was investigating her broken glasses, and said “Dui bu qi, Tao” as everyone stood with mouths agape.  

Then Lay tumbled down the stairs in a comatose state. “Um... guys?” Faith, who was sitting on an unhappy Baekhyun, yawned and fell asleep. “Get off me!” Baekhyun threw the five-year-old onto D.O, who then passed the sleeping child to Xiumin. “KIYOMI!!” Xiumin cooed.

“GET THE HELL TO BED!!” Lay screamed, his black eye suddenly looking more intimidating than ever. “It’s 1 am! Aren’t you all tired?”

“You’re right,” Xiumin agreed. “Faith is already sleeping.”

“We’re fine, we’re fine,” Kimberly and Alyssa assured, still having the same energy level that would be received from drinking 10 gallons of coffee, but they both collapsed on the spot. Alyssa opened her eyes two seconds later, and said, “Let’s let Luhan and Sehun sleep here with Justin. We can go to the bouncy castle.” When Kimberly didn’t respond, Alyssa single-handedly pulled her by the arm into the flattened bouncy castle. Everyone else headed upstairs wordlessly.