Clean up, clean up, everybody everywhere

Miracle (??) in December

“I’ll start with downstairs!” Kai volunteered. “Kris, come downstairs with me!” The boys were gone in an instant, or maybe they’d teleported.

                In the basement, there wasn’t much to clean up – they just had to replace the bouncy castle.  “So... do you know where we can buy another bouncy castle?” Kai muttered. An idea popped into Kris’s head. “Well, there’s always Toys R Us...” Kai and Kris rushed upstairs and outside, where Kimberly was watching for any cameras or sasaengs nearby. The two boys held hands – and no, not in a romantic way – and then disappeared into thin air. When Kimberly saw them next, they were lugging a massive bouncy castle through the door. It looked nothing like the old castle, but she doubted Auntie Nora would notice for a while.

                Meanwhile, Chanyeol and D.O were scrubbing the kitchen floor to remove it of pizza stains. Xiumin sprayed the main floor with freshener to eliminate the odour. Suho tried to request fixing the toilet, but Baekhyun warned him, “Don’t make the situation worse than it already is.” Nonetheless, he still let Suho unclog the toilet, probably because Suho was the only one with water powers. Amazingly enough, Suho finished the job in what seemed like two minutes and skipped down the stairwell cheerfully like a little girl in a dress. Now, the members only had to worry about the broken table and the cracked TV.

                Tao and Chen were still on shaky terms after the former smashed the TV screen, but they agreed to head to Best Buy together and buy a new one. Since time had slowed down, Tao and Chen had lots of time to run to Coquitlam Centre. Alyssa had to go along with them just to fend off any paparazzi if necessary. It should have taken an hour to reach the mall by foot, but it only took around five minutes. Tao and Alyssa, both of whom had boatloads of stamina, were able to run all the way, but Chen fainted on Porter Avenue and had to be piggybacked by Tao the rest of the way. “By the way, I’m so very sorry that I knocked you out with the pillow,” Tao geniunely apologized, attempting to make conversation with Alyssa. When they reached Best Buy, which was surprisingly open at 3 am, Alyssa spotted a Pokemon game and ran towards it like a kid in a candy store, but Chen gently reminded her to keep focused on the task (Alyssa had a very short attention span). As they were selecting a new TV, Kai and Luhan suddenly appeared in the store. “How did you get here?” Alyssa blurted.

“Oh, we teleported,” Luhan responded.

“Oh... right.”

After Tao paid for the television and placed it on a cart, the five of them exited the store so as not to arouse any suspicion, and then all held hands, surrounding the TV. “1... 2... 3!” POOF! They were gone.

“So this is what teleporting feels like,” Alyssa chirped as they reached the door of Justin’s house. Tao and Chen hi-fived, meaning they had resolved their conflict from earlier. Kimberly checked her watch nervously. Even though time had slowed down, it was already 2:55, which meant they only had five minutes to replace the destroyed table.

“Who wants to make one more trip to the mall?” Kai hooted. Xiumin, Sehun and Justin volunteered to go. The four boys disappeared in a flash, and reappeared at the door approximately one minute later, holding a glass table identical to the broken one, and sweating bullets. “Palli palli!” Lay shouted as the boys carried the table in, being careful not to break it again. They placed the new table in the living room, and carried its broken counterpart, along with the old TV and the bouncy castle, outside into the garbage bin. Then they hid the garbage can in the backyard just for good measure. When Kimberly checked the time again, it was 2:58. They still had two minutes until Auntie Nora and all came. “Okay, Tao, you can reset the time again.”

“Hey... before they come...” Alyssa suggested. “How about we take a photo? Because what’s the point of you guys coming if there’s no evidence to prove you were here?” With that, Justin, Kimberly, Alyssa, and all of EXO whipped out their phones and took around 200 selfies with each other. At 2:59, Faith offered to take the group photo. “1...2...3, smile!”

At the same time that the camera clicked, the doorbell rang. Ding-dong!