Finale

Miracle (??) in December

“Are you here for the EXO show tonight?” the bored-looking toll attendant yawned. Kimberly and Alyssa nodded joyfully. Justin rolled his eyes. Oh boy, tonight was going to be good. “Okay, the concert is that way. Enjoy the show.” The instant the toll attendant pointed left, Kimberly and Alyssa had dashed to the auditorium. “Wait for me!” Justin called, failing to keep up with the fast girls.

 

                “Wow, I’m surprised,” Baekhyun said as Lay opened the curtain just to get a peek at the audience. “The kids here are really civilized.”

                “And how do you know?” D.O. asked incredulously.

                “Well, no one’s tried to climb onto the stage yet.” Baekhyun smiled for the first time in about two months, giving a wink.

                “Yeah, the people here are way more disciplined,” Kris added.

                “Hey!” Luhan called. “I see those three kids that had the house party last week!” Pretty soon, all twelve members had crowded around the opening in the curtain.  Sure enough, Kimberly, Alyssa, and Justin were waving at them from the front row. Alyssa was holding a sign saying “Saranghae EXO”.

 “Let’s see, what were their names again?” Luhan said to himself. “Kimberly, Justin, and... Aleesa?” He waved back cheerfully. If Alyssa had heard her bias mispronounce her name, she probably would’ve laughed and cried at the same time. The manager gave EXO a warning that they would be performing in two minutes. After quickly getting changed, the twelve boys were ready to go.

The curtain rose dramatically as “Mama” pounded from the speakers. At least ten thousand fangirls screamed with delight, and some were chanting “EXO! EXO!” Thankfully, no one tried to climb onto the stage, so Kris’s statement about Canadians being more disciplined was correct. Kimberly was almost crying at the sight of her biases singing onstage, right in front of her. Justin put his hands over his ears to avoid becoming deaf from the blaring speakers. Alyssa let out a scream at 100 decibels when Tao did his aerial cartwheel.

Kimberly, Justin, and Alyssa were having so much fun watching EXO perform that they forgot to keep track of the time. When EXO gave their final bow after a sweaty performance of “Growl”, Alyssa checked her watch. 11:58. Two more minutes until midnight. EXO wasn’t exiting the stage just yet. This could only mean one thing...

“How you doing, Vancouver?” Kris shouted. All 10 000 or so fangirls in the audience screamed so loudly that Justin temporarily lost his hearing. (He regained it after 30 seconds, though) “Y’all know it’s New Year’s Eve, right?” “Yeah!” everyone cheered in response. “I’m so glad I get to spend the last minutes of the year with all of you. So let’s count down together!” Again, a deafening squeal from the audience could be heard all the way in South Korea.

“20! 19! 18! 17! 16! 15!” As everyone was counting down, Kimberly felt someone’s shoulder bump against hers. Alyssa and Justin were still mesmerized by the sight of the twelve boys partying on the stage. Oh wait, there were only 11 - Luhan was missing. Then, as the shouts of “4! 3! 2! 1! HAPPY NEW YEAR!” resounded, Luhan kissed Kimberly on the cheek.

“Whoa, you lucky gal!” Alyssa squealed as Kimberly nearly squeezed her to death. “But how come Luhan didn’t kiss me?”

“Oh, he will,” Kimberly assured. Alyssa watched as Luhan went around the audience, making sure no fangirl left without a kiss on the cheek. While Alyssa was waiting, Sehun jumped off the stage and gave Alyssa a big smooch. Then finally, Luhan returned to the front.

And kissed Alyssa square on the lips.

Despite the fact that it was already 12:30 am, and despite the fact that Luhan was eight years older than her, Alyssa was still satisfied with the kiss. “You happy now?” Kimberly asked as Luhan gave Sehun a peck on the cheek. The other members looked on in disgust as Luhan and Sehun took turns pecking Justin.

“Are we done kissing?” Baekhyun snapped. Luhan and Sehun turned to the stage and nodded. Apparently, someone hadn’t followed his New Year's resolution to become nicer.

                “Hey! Our van’s here!” Kris called from behind the stage. Sure enough, a black van had swerved right outside of the auditorium. EXO’s manager waved from the window.

“Shoot, jinjja??” Luhan moaned. He returned to the girls, who were both crying at the sight of EXO leaving, and wrote down on a spare sheet of paper he’d stored in his pocket. “Here’s my Weibo, Facebook, and Twitter. If you need any more updates about EXO, I’m always there.” Luhan turned back to his group. “Are you sure we can’t just teleport back to Korea?”

“C’mon, even we need to be normal sometimes!” Sehun took his hand, and they headed to the van, but not without one last wave to the girls.

 

The end... or is it?