"You're a Luhan Lover!"

Miracle (??) in December

“You’re a Luhan lover!” fourteen-year-old Justin teased his family friend, Alyssa, downstairs. Alyssa had just been showing him pictures of male K-Pop stars crossdressing.

Neither of the kids ever figured that Luhan himself would appear in Justin’s basement.

“Uh, I heard my name,” Luhan said in Chinese. Justin looked at him blankly, but Alyssa quickly understood. In fact, she introduced herself in almost-perfect Mandarin (I said almost perfect! I don’t speak a lot of Chinese, you know), and Luhan giggled like a girl at the minor flaws in her speech, but nonetheless acknowledged that her pronunciation was pretty good.

 “So, where are the rest of your gang?” Alyssa asked, standing up and realizing Luhan was a whole head taller than her. He wasn’t even the tallest member in the group, so she could imagine that the other members were giants. Gosh, she hated being short.

“They didn’t want to go downstairs with me,” Luhan muttered sadly. “I think they’re playing with your sister.”

“Um, that’s not my sister,” Alyssa replied, knowing he was referring to five-year-old Faith. “That’s Justin’s. He’s a big fan of yours.” Justin’s jaw dropped to the floor, and his fists balled up. “I’m a big fan of yours, too!”

Just then, Alyssa’s friend Kimberly zipped down. “Dude, EXO’s here! All twelve of them!” Then Kimberly’s eye gazed on Luhan. “Oh, I didn’t notice you going downstairs. Sorry!” Her fangirl instincts almost got the best of her again, but she kept her cool. After all, she didn’t want her biases to hate her. Amazingly, instead of checking up on the other eleven EXO members, she decided to stay downstairs with Luhan, but just for a while. She figured everyone else would be faring well upstairs. “So, wanna play some Mario Kart?”