Chapter 46

What Is Love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Happy birthday to you, Park Jungsoo. Your new hotel really a booming now.” Leeteuk could only smile as he sipped onto his drink while talking with one of his father friend. The man before him also their company business partner. An old friend to be said.

 

He then excused himself. All around he go, some business partner will keep greeting him a happy birthday, and talk about how success is the newly build hotel which just start operate about 4 months ago, and in the short period of time had reached the highest sales ever.

 

The newly build hotel, Grande Hotel, in Italy means great, large and high, had attracted tourist inside and outside Korea with the resort concept. The hotel itself also provide convention hall that could fit 10.000 people. An indoor waterpark in the hotel. The first hotel in Seoul and Korea, that had 10 best native chef coming from their country to cook at the hotel kitchen. Sales had reached just the first months of opening and increased again the next months. Visitors kept coming every weeks and months, inside and outside Korea. Within the span of 4 months, the hotel had been reward as the first hotel to attract tourist up to 40% to South Korea.

 

Tonight, a charity party was being held at Grande Hotel grand ballroom. Right on the same day with his birthday. He felt empty, just like how he felt for the past months. The person he had been waiting to greet him a birthday haven’t call  him yet. Different with his last year birthday, where his fiance surprised him by making a video call with him and they chat till the sun almost rise.

 

It’s been a year and half after Taeyeon departure, and a year after his last video call with Taeyeon. Both him and Taeyeon even didn’t celebrated their first year anniversary like how other couple did. The second time he couldn’t celebrated Taeyeon birthday. And this would be the second time, Taeyeon wasn’t with him on his birthday. He eyed on the other corner of the ballroom. The boys and Jaein were together with Sandeul and others.

 

He walk towards them, but a hand had prevented him from walking further. He frowned seeing the same face for over a year.

 

“I haven’t greet you yet. Happy birthday.” Sungkyung smiled sweetly to Leeteuk. She was wearing a long strapless black dress, with a cutting on her mid left thigh. The dress show her figure nicely, showing her s that surely will make every man gulp their saliva when she walk by.

 

 

But not with Leeteuk. He pulled his hand away, and look away uncomfortably. He just nodded his head without wanting to make an eye contact with her. But Sungkyung didn’t seems to catch his mind.

 

She walk closer to him, sticking her s to Leeteuk arms, as she rub his arms sensually. Leeteuk jerk back and pulled his hand away as he glare at her. It didn’t affect Sungkyung. Instead, it made Sungkyung interested in him more. She start to walk closer to him but Leeteuk words make her halt.

 

“Stay where you’re.” he said coldly. He then turned and head to Sandeul and others.

 

Sungkyung stomped on her heels. She had been chasing after him and up to now, she still didn’t get anything. It’s been a year. And the man never seems to interest with her. She tried to wear something revealing for she knows, man will be ogling at her body. But it didn’t works on Leeteuk. Instead, he always look away when she tried to flirt with him in her revealing dress.

 

She watch in jealousy as Leeteuk carry the little girl in his arms. Rather than taking interest in her, Leeteuk always had the time with Jaein and spend almost all of it with her. Rather than blink an eye to her, Leeteuk always give all his attention to Jaein. How she wish she’s that little girl that always got to hug Leeteuk every time he carry her in his arms.

 

Jaein gave a kiss to Leeteuk as he carry her, greet him a happy birthday again for the countless time. She look adorably cute that night, with her white dress, that flare at the bottom. The boys also look handsome as year past by. They had gone more matured than before. The promise they made to Taeyeon had been fulfilled as they just had their fourth first winner trophy.

 

He could see the change in his subordinates. Nayoung and Sandeul just declared their engagement 2 months ago. The always bickering Minah and Jookyung had start to settle as an item since 9 months ago. Donghae and Jooeun also had been a couple for a year now. Little Jaein in his arms also had lost the image of cold and lonely girl. She had start to be more bright and gain more friend at school. The little girl also slowly accepted that her parents would always be busy and choose money over family.

 

Everything still look the same but it somehow also change in the good way. They only need Taeyeon, to complete their togetherness. At her last video call, Taeyeon decided to send him one of the picture when she was having fun at Greece. Taeyeon was smiling so brightly with Santorini as her background. Leeteuk could tell, Taeyeon had gain more weight in those picture she send. More ier than before, that’s Leeteuk can’t deny.

 

He then print it, and decided to share it to one person that had been waiting for her return also. He gave the photo to Mrs. Goo. The elder smile widely as she look at Taeyeon photo longing. Whether it’s a curse, or it’s a miracle, Mr. Goo had said that after seeing the photo of Taeyeon, Mrs. Goo health had slowly went better. She didn’t look as depressed as before. She had start to show her smile to others, although still refuse to socialize. One of the reason they are not at the party tonight.

 

Leeteuk really hope, Taeyeon won’t take another long time till she return. Though he would waited for her patiently, but every seconds passed without her had made him restless. He miss her badly.

 

 

Sandeul followed Leeteuk right after he left the ballroom. He doesn’t need to pull his hyung out by force when his hyung had walk out himself. He found his hyung standing at one of the balcony at the other end of the floor. Looking ahead while having his hands at his pocket. He know what his hyung is thinking right now. He know what his hyung is longing for. He touched the thing in his pocket, and smile secretly.

 

“Hyung.” Leeteuk turn around and smile seeing his dongsaeng.

 

Sandeul walk to him and smile in brotherly way. He took out something and give it to Leeteuk, which took the box questioningly.

 

“I thought you had give me a gift.” he eyed the small box back and forth.

 

“Nah, It’s not from me, hyung.” a glint of mysterious could be seen at Sandeul eyes, but Leeteuk tried to ignore it.

 

He raised his brow to Sandeul, but the later only shrugged his shoulder.

 

“Don’t open it till I left, hyung.” he tap Leeteuk shoulder one last time before leaving him, and back to the ballroom again.

 

Leeteuk eyed the red box in his hand as he face the balcony again. The red box look small, and light. He tried to shake it, but nothing. He couldn’t found any noise in the box. Did the box even had something in it? He then tried to open the box, and a paper was found the moment he opened it. Like the paper was glued to the lid, make it like a pop up.

 

Turn around. I’m behind you.

 

No name. No more, no less. That’s the only things written in the paper. His heart beat fast. He know clearly whose write it. He memorize it like the back of his hand. The familiar hand written. Unknowingly, his heart beat in a random beat. A relief escaped his mouth. He then turn around calmly.

 

 

Sungkyung gaze was on Leeteuk since the start. She look at him that had a chat with the group. Even Joon beside her grew irritate with it. He never like coming to this kind of party, and would end up with his imo because his father are going to have some business talk with his friends. He rather being left alone in the house rather than had to be here with his aunt.

 

The moment Leeteuk left the ballroom, Sungkyung turn her heels and start following him. Leaving Joon in advance that don’t even care if his aunt left him, for it better to be left than with her. Before she could reach the gate, she saw Sandeul also went in the same directions as Leeteuk. She followed them slowly, trying not to make any sounds with her heels at the empty hallway. She hid herself well and peered into the two men having a chat at the balcony.

 

She could heard what they’re talking about crystal clear, considering the hallway was dead empty. And the loud from ballroom didn’t reach the hallway. Sungkyung could see Sandeul handed Leeteuk the small red box.

 

She waited till Sandeul really left, and hid herself well when Sandeul passed by her. Thanks to the big wall, she managed to hide well.

 

She then walk out from her hideous place, stepping slowly to Leeteuk. Just as she was nearing Leeteuk, she stop, sensing that Leeteuk are going to turn his back. She smile in delight. She then pulled her dress lower, showing her cleavage more.

 

“Hello.” she greeted her lightly the moment Leeteuk turn his body, facing her fully.

 

Leeteuk frowned. He eyed the paper in the box, and hundred percent sure it’s Taeyeon handwritten. But why is it the one he wish when he turn around isn’t her? Instead a stalker that had been stalking him for a year. He keep the box in his pocket and put on a flat face.

 

Sungkyung walk to him seductively and about to near him when Leeteuk walk away, leaving her. Sungkyung couldn’t believe her eyes. The nerve of him!

 

She ran over to Leeteuk, and blocking his path. It was clear to Sungkyung that he was irritate with her, but she don’t care. Man inside the ballroom had been ogling at her in a good and bad way, then how can the man before her couldn’t even spare her a look? Did she don’t look attractive enough?

 

“I respect you as one my guest here. So, please. Don’t bother me here.” he sidestepped her, but Sungkyung hold his arms and hug him.

 

Leeteuk widen his eyes, and try to push her away. He doesn’t want to create any scandal if people saw both of the are hugging, wrong, her hugging him.

 

“Lee Sungkyung-ssi!” Leeteuk pressed her name dangerously. But Sungkyung didn’t care. She like the smell of Leeteuk, and hug him tighter.

 

Leeteuk had lost his patience. He push Sungkyung more harder, making her felt first.

 

He sigh. He never want to act harsh to woman. Not even he did it once. But the woman before him had made him lost his calm.

 

“Did you just push me?” Sungkyung yelled at Leeteuk, still in disbelief that she got push.

 

Leeteuk didn’t answer her, and walk away from her. His mind was in mess when what he thought will be didn’t turn out as it is. He went to the drink section and gulp the drink in one go. Did Sandeul just trick her? Or his fiance had made a prank on him? Or all of it just an imagination to him?

 

Sandeul eyed his hyung and frowned. He thought his hyung is going to enter the ballroom with his sis in law. But why is it only him. And he was drinking with mix emotions. There’s mad, disappointing, annoy, frustrated and depressed.

 

He clearly did what Taeyeon told him to do. He eyed the watch in his wrist. Right on time. He didn’t miss a beat. Then where is Taeyeon now, when she’s supposed to appear together with Leeteuk.

 

 

Sungkyung was totally in pissed. Never in her life she got push by a man. Not to mention, the man she had been wanting. She dusted herself, and walk back to the ballroom while grumbling under her breath. She touch the ballroom door handle, but frown as another woman also touch it. They both retreated their hand, but the woman in front Sungkyung didn’t spare a glance at her, but instead about to open the door.

 

Sungkyung pulled the woman far from the ballroom. She eyed the woman up and down and the woman grew irritate with it.

 

Sungkyung scoof. “Did you came here trying to steal?” she crossed her arms as she eyed the woman humiliating.

 

The woman was dressed in her oversized blue shirt, with a plain simple T-shirt underneath. She was wearing her ripped jeans. White adidas superstar, and a black glasses stick at her nose, covering almost half her face. The woman also had a reddish brown hair, very contrast to her white milky skin.

 

 

Sungkyung snorted seeing the woman appearance. She look likes a beggar at here. Her eyes do humiliate the woman before her. But the woman remained unfazed. She gave Sungkyung one last look before walking away, heading to the ballroom.

 

“!” she cursed as Sungkyung pulled her away from touching the handle.

 

“This is not your place. This place are for higher class, not the lower class like you. Oh, please. Are you really that damn wanting to go inside? And in the end humiliate yourself? You better leave now, or you’ll get more shame later.” Sungkyung told her arrogantly.

 

“It should be a like you that left this place. What on earth a doing here? It’s not a e place.” she snarled.

 

Sungkyung raised her hand, wanting to slap the woman but the woman was quick to hold Sungkyung hand and threw her hand harshly. Sungkyung was more than mad. She gave her one last look and leave the woman. Enough she get humiliated by Leeteuk, she’s not going to humiliate herself to someone low before her.

 

Sungkyung glare at the woman that still standing far from the door. Sungkyung could felt the glare the woman gave her through her black glasses. But she didn’t care. She close her door, and gave her a smug smile, as if saying I win.

 

Sungkyung tried to look for Leeteuk in the crowd. She crane her neck, and found Leeteuk in the drinks section. She smile wickedly and head to him. She stop middle way as people in the ballroom turn their head behind her. The woman she fought with, had open the double door and standing in the door.

 

The woman search the certain person in the crowd, ignoring people that look at her frowning. She know her attire didn’t match with the party. Too casual even. But the hell with it. Like she even care. Her eyes then spot certain someone in the drinks section, spacing out. She walk to him confidently and set her eyes only at the man. She didn’t mind the people whispering about her and her attired that had look out of place for the party.

 

It’s like deja vu. People part their way just for her to cross the room. Sungkyung was left beyond speechless. The woman just intruded the party like she own the place. She followed where the woman is going with her glare. She squint her eyes as the woman was nearing the man in the drinks section.

 

Sandeul, and the rest was left dumbfounded with the sudden appearance of an unknown person. They can’t tell who is she as her long hair and the black glasses had block her face. She look outstanding since her clothes that out of place in the party. And she confidently strode in the middle of the party without give a to the people whispering about her. The woman only set her eyes on certain someone.

 

She stop her steps right in front of Leeteuk. Waking Leeteuk up from his reverie when sensing someone stood in front him. Leeteuk eyed the woman before her and something in him beat faster although the face was being blocked by the black glasses. The woman took off her glasses, and smiling widely to him. The smile that definitely Leeteuk miss the most all the time.

 

Like a virus, he also get infected with her smile. He pulled her by the waist, and kissed her right in the place, not minding the crowd that are watching. He kiss her, letting out every longing he had with her. Tasting every corner of her for it’s been so long since he kissed her.

 

Taeyeon kissed him no different than him. She really miss him, badly. She pulled Leeteuk soft hair, pulling his head to get closer to her. She opened to Leeteuk, letting him explore hers. Leeteuk hug her hips closer to him, kissing like no end.

 

The crowd with majority PK Group employees, cheers loudly when they realize who the woman that had took the crowd attention with her confident attitude. They cheers loudly, more loudly than the speaker in the ballroom.

 

“Director Kim is back!” that’s how the crowd cheers, as they watching the live show of Taeyeon and Leeteuk.

 

Sa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter