Chapter 45

What Is Love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One month and half after Taeyeon departure..

 

A smile curved on her lips as she look ahead the view in front of her. Sitting in her sofa while staring at Eiffel with a glass of wine in her hand. The night had made the Eiffel tower before her look more beautiful than at day light. It’s her first week at Paris after her three weeks stay at Germany, and two weeks at London. The flight she took always tired her for she kept moving from one place to another when she felt like it.

 

She stay longer at Germany for she like the atmosphere there. The calm and nice feeling she get. But as she got bored, she decided to move to London. Out of nowhere it suddenly popped in her mind. And after get bored for staying too long at London, she had moved to Paris now. Walking here and there, enjoying the view Paris gave, and meet some new friends again. And that night she decided to stay at her hotel after a long day strolling around Paris.

 

An email pop up at her macbook. Taeyeon frowned. She can just ignored the mail, but somehow her other mind are telling her to look at the mail. And she did. She took her laptop in her lap, and check her mail.

 

An email from Leeteuk.

 

After more than a month not contacting Leeteuk and others, he just suddenly sent her an email. She lingered for awhile, and decided to open the mail he just send her.

 

There’s a video. And she opened it.

 

A total of thirteen people gathered in one place, sitting sweetly while facing the camera. Leeteuk and other didn’t seems in their formal clothes. They even wore their casual clothes.

 

“Noona!” the boys shout out to her cheerfully.

 

“Mommy!” Jaein loud shrieked could be heard as she sat at Leeteuk lap with her unicorn doll.

 

“Director Kim!” her best secretary slice assistant together with Minah and Jookyung, also dear boyfriend shout to her as they hold a prop in their hand.

 

Jooeun which sit beside Leeteuk also show her smile as she called her. “Taeyeon-ah..”

 

And the last. Leeteuk was smiling calmly to her. “Hey, Jaein mommy.”

 

And soon the loud roar could be heard. “HAPPY BIRTHDAY!”

 

The boys dance funnily as they blow on the trumpet they had bought. They also threw the confetti in the air, making a mess around them. Leeteuk laugh seeing how the boys dance maniacally as they sing a happy birthday in the rap way to Taeyeon. Jaein also clapped her hands happily while hugging her Momo. Jooeun and the rest together with Nayoung blew on their toy trumpet.

 

Eunwoo then ran disappearing from the screen, and back with a simple white cake, a strawberry surround the cake, and a thin yet long candle. He put it in the table and went back to his position.

 

 

“Noona! Happy birthday to you! Look what we got here. The third trophy again.” Jaewon said sheepishly as he shamelessly show their third trophy. The boys behind him also smile sheepishly.

 

“We will won the first place soon, Noona.” Eunwoo made a peace sign to Taeyeon.

 

“Happy birthday, noona! We had done what you told us for the last months. Therefore, you should also take care of yourself and come back soon. We miss you, noona!” Honju waved his hand and the boys also waved their hands, as if they are waving it directly to Taeyeon.

 

“Mommy, Happy birthday!” Jaein laugh happily as she greeted her mommy. “Jaein had been listening to daddy and oppas well. Jaein also didn’t cry. And Jaein also take good care of Momo.” she said innocently as she lifted Momo to show it to Taeyeon.

 

“Mommy, Jaein miss mommy. Please come back soon!” she flash her white teeth and hug Momo closer.

 

“Director Kim!” Sandeul, Nayoung, Minah and Jookyung shout loudly. “HAPPY BIRTHDAY!”

 

“Happy birthday, Director Kim.” Nayoung greeted her sincerely.

 

“Happy birthday to you, Director Kim. We really hope you’re with us, so that you can treat us again like the other time. Hehe..” Jookyung said sheepishly making the group chuckled and laugh.

 

“Yo, sis in law! Happy birthday! You know, I wish to call you that later when you came back.” the rest chuckled at how Sandeul addressed Taeyeon. Leeteuk could help but shook his head and chuckled. “Don’t worry about hyung. I take care of him like what you told me. So you should take care of yourself too. Come back soon, sis in law. We miss you here.”

 

“Taeyeon-ah.. Saengil chukhae.. It’s the first time after the long time I could greet you on your birthday.  I wish to celebrate it with you, even not this time, I hope it’ll be the next time. No matter where you’re, always remember to take care of yourself. Come back soon, we miss you here.” Jooeun said to her and smile sincerely.

 

And finally the last, Leeteuk. He was looking with his warm eyes and his gentle smile.

 

“Happy birthday, Taeyeon-ah. I wish we could celebrate your birthday together here. But I need to wait again for the next time.” he chuckled. “People had been waiting for your come back here. But we don’t want to rush you. Just take your time, because we’re willing to wait for you here. Take care of yourself when I’m not there with you. I know you’re a tough woman. It’s just the matter of time.” the rest nodded their head as Leeteuk said. Agreeing in Leeteuk words.

 

“I love you, Taeyeon-ah. And I miss you. Please know that you still have us here waiting for you. Come back safe and sound.” he smile. “Happy birthday, Taeyeon-ah.” just in a milli seconds the crowd start to shout a happy birthday to Taeyeon. They also sing a happy birthday song as they took the cake and lit the candle. Blowing it together as if replacing Taeyeon to blow the candle.

 

There’s also a banner which was being held by the boys with the word written HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIM YEOSHIN! WE MISS YOU!

 

The boys had waving the banner crazily, Leeteuk then clapped his hands with Jaein together, and Jooeun together with the rest could only waved the confetti in their hand frantically. Minah and Jookyung also followed the boys waving the banner like a maniac.

 

Right, it’s her birthday now at Korea, but going to be soon hers in any hours here at Paris. She had been leisurely moving and walking that she had forgot her own special day. Not until the email Leeteuk send her.

 

Taeyeon smiled heartily as she watch the video Leeteuk send her. She was grateful, for when she’s miles away, there’s still people that remember her. Missing her and wanting her to come back soon. No words can describe how she felt right now. But she had to disappoint them for she can’t promised to come back so soon.

 

She scroll down the mail, there’s a photo of them holding the cake and banner together. Picture of them with a cream smear their face. A picture of the cake with HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIM GODDESS! SARANGHAE! <3

 

I know you told me not to contact you. But let me do this on your very special day. I can’t celebrate it with you after we’re together. But I don’t regret any of it. Just knowing that there’s people that care for you to celebrate your birthday is enough. Just want you to know, that they had been part of you life from now on.

I will kept waiting for you no matter how long it take. Because I have faith in you. Therefore, on your very special day, I wish you more fortune in your life. I wish you will live your life more happier than before. You’re not walking in your past anymore. What concern you is your present and future, and that’s what we’re for. We’re your present, and your future.

Never thought that there’s no one to rely on. You have much to rely on. Don’t bother to kept everything in yourself, there’s always us you can share with. And there’s always me, to hear every thing you want to said. You have my shoulder to lean on every time you’re tired. You have my hands to hold you every time you stumble.

I love you, Taeyeon-ah. Although you’re thousand or even millions miles away from me, always know that, my heart always stay with you wherever you go. It never leave you as it had found it’s place at yours.

Happy birthday, my love. We’ll always waited for you here.

 

Taeyeon wiped her tears that rolled down her eyes as she read the mail Leeteuk send her. She know there’s so many people that waited for her. There’s so many people that love her the way she is. And for that she’s grateful. She never believe, that letting people into your life could be mean so much, and bring much color in it.

 

She look at the photo that Leeteuk send. A group photo of them together. She smiled, for she also missed them like crazy. But for the mean time being, she had to hold herself till she’s dare enough to come back and continued her life without any shadow of her sorrow past anymore. And she definitely will come back with a better person.

 

 

“Do you like it?” Taeyeon nodded her head to the brunette little girl beside her. She had found another new friends again and now was sitting at the grass, enjoying the afternoon breeze blow into her hairs.

 

She met her new little friend two days after she arrived and decided to spend time having a picnic at the Eiffel tower. She like the chocolate croissant Emily, the little girl made. There’s also fresh bake macaron with various flavour.

 

Taeyeon just know that the 13 years old girl beside her like to bake. And she was more than happy as she met someone new to have a taste of her baking. Taeyeon like how energetic Emily is when she show her new receipt to Taeyeon and squealed in happiness when Taeyeon taste it, and would give her thumbs up.

 

“How long are you going to stay here, Taylor?” Emily ask Taeyeon as she bit onto her macaron. Ever since she met her new friends, they had a difficulty to call her name, therefore, her very first friend from Germany, Eric, decided to call her Taylor, from the moment Taeyeon made a pressure on her ‘Tae’ name. Tae sounds like Tay from Taylor, that’s what Eric said. And every time she met a new friends, she would introduce herself, and ask them to call her as Taylor forwards.

 

Taeyeon thought for awhile. “I’m not sure. Maybe till some place pop into my mind suddenly?” Taeyeon replied in the same fluent english as Emily.

 

Emily pout. She really wish Taeyeon would stay at Paris a little bit longer. Although she just met Taeyeon for a few days, Taeyeon was a good friend to Emily. Especially both her and Taeyeon could share the baking receipt each other. Emily would taught her on how to make Paris cookies, and Taeyeon would taught her on how to make Korean bread.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter