Chapter 39

What Is Love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“That’s your schedule for today, Director Kim.” Nayoung done her report, as Taeyeon only listen to her well while typing on her laptop.

 

“Okay.” she mumbled lightly. Nayoung bow to her and about to head to the door, but turn back when Taeyeon called her again.

 

“Yes, Director Kim.” Taeyeon open the drawer and took out a big size box, she then handed it to Nayoung.

 

Nayoung only eyed the box in confusion. “What’s it for, Director Kim?”

 

“For you. Happy birthday, Nayoung.” she gave her a smile that make Nayoung thought she’s dreaming right now. She eyed the box and back to Taeyeon, smiling gratefully to her. All the years she work with her, Taeyeon never greet her on her birthday, not that Nayoung mind. But this time she greet her, and also gave her a gift. Adding a smile from Taeyeon.

 

“Kamsahabnida, Director Kim.” Nayoung bow to Taeyeon happily.

 

“What do you want to eat tonight?”

 

“Neh?” Nayoung eyed Taeyeon in confused.

 

“What do you want to eat tonight?” Taeyeon repeat again. If it’s the other day, Nayoung would be dead now, as Taeyeon never repeat what she said. But Nayoung just too happy that she even didn’t heard what Taeyeon said. Or more like she thought she heard it wrong?

 

“Gogi..” Nayoung voiced out hesitatingly. But Taeyeon just nodded her head and ask her to leave the room. Before she could left the room, she bow and thanks Taeyeon once again.

 

Minah saw Nayoung holding a box as she went out from Taeyeon room. The moment Nayoung sit, Minah had bombarded her question regarding the box she’s holding now.

 

“It’s from Director Kim.” Minah and Jookyung widen their eyes. Did the sky finally turn red now? It’s rare for Taeyeon to give Nayoung a gift on her birthday.

 

“Whoa, seems like Director Kim had changed now, huh?” Jookyung voice out.

 

“Yah, open it. I want to know what she gave you.” Mianh urged Nayoung.

 

Nayoung then tear the wrap slowly. She just can’t be too rash to open the box, especially when it comes from Taeyeon. The box was quite big. And was wrap it a nice way. As the wrap was now fully tear, Nayoung open the box, and both her and Minah was dumbfounded by the thing in front them.

 

It was Prada Galleria Saffiano leather bag with two-tone geometric print motif. The new arrival from Prada. And the newest edition of Prada. Oh my. It even cost million won. And Nayoung couldn’t even efforted to buy it if she didn’t spend all her salary for a year. And now, Taeyeon just gave her Prada bag as her birthday gift.

 

 

“Yah, what’s with that look. It’s only a bag.” Jookyung stare at his two co-workers. Quite confuse as they’re dumbfounded by a bag only.

 

But Minah hit him. “Yah! It cost us a year salary just to buy this bag. Aish! You really have no sense in fashion.” Minah snarled. Jookyung eyed Minah and the bag in horror. For Batman sake, that bag really cost million won?

 

“Daebak!” he whispered in awe.

 

Nayoung look at the bag all smiling. She didn’t care what is it Taeyeon gave her. Just the mention from Taeyeon only enough for her. Even when Taeyeon only gave her the cheap bag, she also didn’t care. As long as it’s from her.

 

Sandeul went out from Leeteuk room and found his girlfriend and his two co-workers were eyeing the bag in Nayoung table in awe. He went to them and eyed the bag, and he widen his eyes.

 

“Isn’t that Prada new arrivals?” the three of them raised his head and look at Sandeul. Nayoung nodded her head eagerly and went back to stare at the bag in awe.

 

“Yah, how did you know?” Jookyung ask Sandeul, feeling quite weird since he know girls things.

 

He shrugged his shoulder. “I stay at Canada for too long. I know all that things.” he said casually like it’s not a big deal and went to his seat.

 

Minah snickered as she look Jookyung. He’s the only one that don’t know any kind of fashion. Jookyung pout as Minah stuck her tongue at him.

 

“Did you just buy it, Young?” Sandeul ask as he eyed Nayoung still adore the bag.

 

“Ani, It’s Director Kim.” she said without looking at Sandeul.

 

He open his mouth and form an O, and nodded. Well, what a surprise for him.

 

Just then, a message came at all of their phone. It’s from Taeyeon. The four of them open the message in unison.

 

Maple Tree House, Samcheongdong.
6pm. Don’t be late.

 

Nayoung widen her eyes as she read the message. She then look at Minah, Sandeul and Jookyung still with wide open. Minah and Jookyung also look at her in wide eyes.

 

“Maple Tree House.” Minah whispered out. And Jookyung behind her nodded his head.

 

“Hey, hey. Are you alright?” Sandeul try to wake all his friends as they all look surprised with the message. And the three of them nodded their head in unison.

 

Mianh then hold Nayoung hand, startling Nayoung in advance. “Thank you Hwang Nayoung.” she hug her dramatically, making Jookyung rolled his eyes.

 

Nayoung look at Minah in confuse as she pulled away.

 

“Because it’s your birthday today, Director Kim is treating us.” she explained to Nayoung.

 

And Nayoung could only nodded as she remember Taeyeon ask her what she would like to eat tonight. So, it’s the meaning behind that? She can’t help but smile. Grateful to Taeyeon.

 

Sandeul chuckled seeing his co-workers. They are way too funny for him.

 

 

“What’s with the sudden birthday treat?” Both Taeyeon and Leeteuk were on their way to the restaurant.

 

“Because someone said I should socialize with my employees.” she stated bluntly.

 

Leeteuk chuckled. “Only that?” he glance to her for a second before back to the road as he’s driving.

 

Taeyeon smile sincerely. “She has been a good secretary.. and a nice assistant.”

 

Leeteuk look at Taeyeon sideway and smile. Slowly, he can see how much Taeyeon had changed now. It’s the better change. And Leeteuk was glad Taeyeon was more open now.

 

“Here we are.” the car pulled to a stop as they had arrived at the restaurant. It’s crowded at that time, but luckily Taeyeon had made a reservation before. Right as they arrived, Sandeul and the others also arrived.

 

“Order whatever you all want. It’s my treat.” Minah and Jookyung high five as Taeyeon said and start to order. Sandeul and Nayoung also start to order. The restaurant popular dish were their galbi, Nayoung decided she should have a try in it.

 

Taeyeon and Leeteuk order theirs. Just in a minutes, the long table that fill the six of them had full. Just as the waiter help to organize their order at the table, Sandeul gave Leeteuk a code, and the later nodded his head.

 

Leeteuk then whisper to Taeyeon and she nodded. He left the table with Minah, Jookyung and Nayoung look at him curiously. But didn’t ask much as they are too emerze with the food in their eyes. Sandeul also gave Jookyung a code and the man wink his eyes at him. Jookyung also kick Minah leg slightly under the table. And the later also nodded lightly in understand. Both her and Jookyung start to distracted Nayoung attention start with talking some fashion things, or anything. Felt like Nayoung attention had been distracted, Sandeul left the table, and went out the restaurant.

 

Taeyeon smile secretly. She then continued to grilled the meat as she wait for the two men to came into the restaurant.

 

Happy birthday to you

Happy birthday to you

Happy birthday happy birthday

Happy birthday our Nayoungie..

 

Nayoung look surprised as Minah and Jookyung suddenly sang her a birthday song, she also heard Sandeul and Leeteuk voice singing the song. As she turn around, Sandeul was holding a big bucket of red rose and on his right hand was a cake with a light candle. Leeteuk on the other hand also holding the big size cake with a candles light the cake.

 

Nayoung closed with her hands as she felt her heart warm. Sandeul gave her the flowers and Nayoung accept it gladly. Then before Nayoung blow the candles, Nayoung make a wish. She couldn’t wish for more. She could only wish, things like this, today happiness, would stay eternal. And she blow the candles.

 

Minah and Jookyung claps their hand after Nayoung blow the candle. They also cheer as Sandeul leaned in and gave her a chaste kiss on lips. Leeteuk and Taeyeon smile as they watch the two love birds. The others customer that saw the scene can’t help but to record the sweet moment between Nayoung and Sandeul. Some of them also cheer when Sandeul kiss Nayoung.

 

Nayoung felt her cheeks warm as too many people watch the live PDA. Minah then hugged her and greet her a happy birthday. Leeteuk and Jookyung also greet her the happy birthday. And their dinner soon start. Fill with laughter, fill with warm, and of course, fill with love. And again, Taeyeon felt her heart warm as she could see the laughter in the table.

 

 

Another day, another life. Things should be fine for Taeyeon. But not for today. As she went back to her penthouse, Mrs. Goo was there waiting outside her penthouse. She rolled her eyes as she saw Mrs. Goo eyes tingle the moment she step out from the elevator. She didn’t give a glance to Mrs. Goo and just opened her door.  But Mrs. Goo block the door from closing fully.

 

“Taeyeon-ah.. Eomma.. Eomma has something to say.” she look at Taeyeon hopefully.

 

Taeyeon only look at her flatly. She didn’t want to ruin her mood for today. She only came back for taking her things and then go back to the mansion again, but what a luck. Mrs. Goo was waiting for her outside the penthouse.

 

“I have something more important than talking with you.” Mrs. Goo lose her grip from the door and Taeyeon took the chance to lock her door.

 

Mrs. Goo look at the door dejectedly. She don’t know what to do so as she can talk with Taeyeon. But seems like Taeyeon still refusing to meet her. She sit at the chair outside the penthouse listlessly.

 

It took 30 minutes for Taeyeon till she went out from her penthouse. As she went out, she’s half surprised as Mrs. Goo still waiting outside her penthouse. Acting like she didn’t saw her, Taeyeon just left and get into the elevator, leaving Mrs. Goo that saw her with her hurt looks.

 

Taeyeon on the other side, received a call from Mr. Goo. she frowned. But neverth

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter