Chapter 11

What Is Love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon opened her eyes slowly as she felt the sun light against her skin. She looked around and realized she’s in her own bedroom. She also remember she felt so weak when she walked to her own penthouse, then she almost felt down and there’s Leeteuk that held her to prevent her from falling. She sigh softly. This is the first time she felt sick since she work.

She then wake up, but realized her hand is holding something, the warm one. She look at her right side, and was surprised to find Leeteuk sleeping. He use his right that was held by Taeyeon as the pillow. Taeyeon knew that must be very uncomfortable for him. She looked down at her hand, his hand against her just felt so right. She felt warm emanating from his hand.

Taeyeon let go of his hand slowly, don’t want to wake him up. She went out of bed, squat in front of him as to have a same level with him. Taeyeon hug her knees and observed his face. She let out a soft breath, and then pulled her blanket to wrapped him. Taeyeon then started to headed to bathroom to wash up.

 

Leeteuk furrowed his eyebrows when he smells coffee. He then start to opened his eyes, looked around, confused. But soon realization hit him, he was at Taeyeon penthouse since yesterday. He then straightened himself, relaxing some part of his body since he felt sore sleeping in that position.

A blanket felt down from his body. He furrowed his eyebrows, remembering he didn’t use any blanket last night. He look at the bed, empty. There’s no Taeyeon blanket in there. Suddenly, Leeteuk grinned widely. So, it’s her, huh?, he thought. Thinking that Taeyeon is the one wrapped him in blanket already made him felt like flying in the sky.

He stood up, heading out. The moment he stepped out he already seen the figure of Taeyeon that dress in three fourth white blazer, a simple white tank top in it and a white pants. The kitchen and the bedroom that just beside each other allowed Leeteuk to look at Taeyeon side profile.

Feeling someone presence, Taeyeon look up and find Leeteuk already standing there watching her. Leeteuk smile to her, “Good Morning!”. Taeyeon just nodded at her and continued her work. She is mixing fruits and vegetable in a medium bowl when Leeteuk came standing beside her.

“Salad?” he asked.

“Mmmhmm..” Taeyeon just hummed in response.

“Go wash up, I already prepare the things in the bathroom. The breakfast will be done soon.” Without glancing back Taeyeon said it, Leeteuk nodded and headed to the only bathroom in that penthouse.

15 minutes later, Leeteuk went out still wearing the last day attire. He then sit in front of Taeyeon that now already busying herself in her iPad, the cup of coffee already half empty. In front of him is a plate of salad that he saw Taeyeon made, and a glass of orange juice. Seeing orange juice just made him smile.

Taeyeon then voice out without tearing her eyes from her iPad. “I made salad for you, and your favorite orange juice.” She sipped in her coffee.

“Why you said it’s my favorite?” Leeteuk smile secretly to her, he felt something inside him when he heard Taeyeon said your favorite orange juice. He felt giddy inside.

“You kept ordering orange juice when at introduction party.” Taeyeon said matter-of-fact.

Leeteuk shake his head lightly and start to eat the salad. The salad is not that bad. Taeyeon put a bit mayonnaise in it, making Leeteuk didn’t feel bored with the food. He stopped midway, realizing something.

“You didn’t eat?”

“No.”

Leeteuk eyes then darted to the cup of coffee, “You just drink coffee?”

“Yes.” Taeyeon still focusing her eyes in her iPad. Her finger now busying rolling down the file she’s currently reading.

“What about your breakfast?”

Taeyeon sigh softly, “My coffee is my breakfast.”

Leeteuk nodded slowly. “O-kay.” And he continued his salad.

The morning was filled with silence except for the sound of fork against plate. Leeteuk observed Taeyeon face, she still look pale. Last night she didn’t have a bite of food, and in the morning also. Don’t say she just have a meal once a day?, Leeteuk thought.

Leeteuk turn his head around, the salad Taeyeon made still have the leftover, he then stood up, opening the cupboard and took out a plate. Leeteuk start fill the plate with the salad. The moment Leeteuk stood up and opening the cupboard, Taeyeon furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. She also watch how Leeteuk fill the plate with the salad she made.

Leeteuk return with a plate of salad in his hand. He then put the plate in front of Taeyeon together with the fork.

“You’re still sick. You also didn’t filled your stomach a bit yesterday.” Leeteuk nodded her head towards the plate in front of Taeyeon, “Eat it. At least have something in your stomach.”

Taeyeon slowly lifted her hand, taking the fork in her hand, and digging the salad slowly. Leeteuk smile and continued to eat. “Oh, you are not going to work today. I made a leave for you for 3 days.”

Taeyeon stop her action the moment Leeteuk talk.

“What?” Taeyeon ask surprised. He just filled a leave for her.

“You heard me.” Leeteuk just answer calmly.

“I can’t. I still have a lot of work.”

“Oh, yes you can. You just need to stay at home for 3 days, resting. Easy right?”

Taeyeon sigh loudly, why is the Chairman suddenly become annoying just in one night?

“I can’t and I’m going to work no matter what you say.” Taeyeon look at Leeteuk hard.

Leeeteuk clean his mouth with a napkin and stand up. He smile to her, “Try me. You’re not going to work for 3 days. Nayoung will take care of your work.” And that, he left heading to the door. Taeyeon stood up and followed him from behind.

“Chairman!”, Taeyeon called out. Leeteuk just pretend he didn’t hear Taeyeon called him.

He opened the door and stop. He turned around and Taeyeon already in front of her, looking mad and furious.

He chuckled. “I called two men to guard your place. In case you run away.”

DING! The elevator door open, revealing two men in black suit and black glasses. They bow to Leeteuk that smile upon their arrival.

He turn to look at Taeyeon and smile. “There’s a medicine in your drawer. Don’t forget to have your lunch and just resting.” He then turn to the men, “Watch over her. Don’t let her sneak out.”

He smile one last time to Taeyeon before entering the elevator. “Chairman! Chairman!”, Taeyeon kept calling her, but the person already disappearing.

Taeyeon sigh frustatedly, and look at the men in front of him. They bow to Taeyeon a bit. And Taeyeon just become frustrated more. She slammed the door hard.

Leeteuk arrived at his office floor freshly. Nayoung, Sandeul, Minah and Jookyung greet him a good morning. Just as Leeteuk about to entered in his room, Nayoung call him.

“Yes, Nayoung?”

“I just want to know how is Director Kim?” she shyly ask.

Leeteuk smile lightly. “She’s alright. Just need rest.”

Nayoung felt relieved, knowing Taeyeon is alright.

“Oh, Nayoung, seems like you have to take over Taeyeon work for 3 days.” Leeteuk announce to her.

“3 days? Where is Director Kim going?”, Nayoung ask confused. The other that just listened also confused.

“I didn’t allowed her to work for 3 days. So, for the meantime, take care of her work first.”

Nayoung mouth formed an ‘O’. That’s better then. She thought Taeyeon will come today, knowing her that doesn’t want to absence even just a day.

“Sandeul will help you if it’s too much.” Leeteuk smiled meaningful to Sandeul as the later just grinned back to him.

The moment Leeteuk entered his room, Sandeul stand up and walk to Nayoung, standing beside her. “Just call me if you need help, Nayoung-sshi.”

“Ne-Neh, Sandeul-sshi.” Nayoung stuttered and didn’t dare to look at Sandeul. She is just too shy moreover they are in a near distance.

Minah behind Nayoung just pretend to cough while Jookyung made a whistle. Sandeul just laugh and went back to his seat. Ohmy, why is it so hot here? Nayoung fanning herself, but can’t help the smile that form in her lips.

Taeyeon opened the door, and again, the two men greet her. They bowed to her a bit, and again, Taeyeon slammed the door hard. It’s been like 4 hours since she’s ‘imprisoned’ in her own house. She already lost count how many times she opened the door to leave the penthouse. And yet it fails because every time she opened the door the men will always greet her and bowed to her.

She thought the men will grew tired and leave, although she knew they won’t leave. During those 4 hours she had nothing to do. She went to her work room and work from the computer that connect with the computer in the office. But yet, it still a bit. She had done it all just in an hour. She even already done reading the business book that she never had time to read it.

 

Oh man, one can tell she is really bored just at home. Never in her history she stay at her home more than 10 hours. 12 hours or more was spend on her office. Sometimes even she went abroad for like a weeks to attended some business matter. And need me to mention, she’s really pissed with the so called ‘Chairman’ that ‘imprisoned’ her in her own penthouse.

Ta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter