Chapter 35

What Is Love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon paused her activity as her penthouse bell rang. This early morning, and someone already bell her penthouse. Who would it be? Her face turned to grim suddenly as she saw who is it that rang her bell through the intercom. Mrs. Goo was standing at the front door. She walk away from the place, but stop again as the bell rang. She fust her hand. She’s the one that Taeyeon doesn’t want to see. And here she’s. Standing in front of her door.

 

“They both owe you an explanation and apologize, and you can’t kept hiding from it for the rest of your life. You’ve hide for too long, Taeyeon-ah.”

 

“She’s still your mom.”

 

“Have you ask her why she left you?”

 

Taeyeon closed her eyes as her conversation with Leeteuk the day before surface again. She shook her head slightly, and walk away, heading to the kitchen.

 

The bell rang once again, but no one going to open it. Leeteuk came out from Taeyeon room and frown. He heard it when he’s having a shower, but why Taeyeon was still at the kitchen without bothering to open the door. He’s about to head to the door, when Taeyeon words stop her.

 

“Don’t open it.” he look at Taeyeon back. But nevertheless still open the door. And now he know fully why Taeyeon didn’t open the door although the bell had rang for a few times.

 

“Oh, Leeteuk. You’re here.” Mrs. Goo was startled as the one that open the door was Leeteuk.

 

Leeteuk bow to her as respect. “Yes, Good morning, Mrs. Goo.”

 

“Uhm.. I made breakfast for Taeyeon.” she show Leeteuk the box that she took. Leeteuk nodded his head and let Mrs. Goo to enter the penthouse.

 

Mrs. Goo head to the kitchen where Taeyeon was. Leeteuk could only watch from behind.

 

“Taeyeon-ah..” Mrs. Goo called hesitate. She’s afraid she somehow would make Taeyeon having her sudden asthma. Taeyeon didn’t turn around. She fist her hand and hold her anger. The last talk she has with Mrs. Goo had make her hate her more. And she never wish to met her anymore.

 

Mrs. Goo walk closer to her and touch her shoulder, but Taeyeon shook it harsh, making Mrs. Goo had to step back a few step. Leeteuk want to went to Taeyeon, but he stop himself. He need to let Taeyeon handle things between her and Mrs. Goo.

 

“Mian..” Mrs. Goo whisper.

 

“Can you leave right away? I don’t felt like seeing you in the morning.” Taeyeon words was like a blade that stab right into Mrs. Goo heart.

 

She gulp. She would pretend that Taeyeon didn’t said those words to her, and she would pretend that she didn’t heard any words Taeyeon said. She put on a smile although Taeyeon was still back facing her.

 

“I made a breakfast for you. Eomma-”

 

PRANG! Mrs. Goo jumped back slightly as Taeyeon throw the glass. Leeteuk run a bit to Mrs. Goo, pulling her from her place. He then eyed Taeyeon that still refused to turn back.

 

“Eomma? EOMMA?” Taeyeon laugh. She laugh but it sound scary to Mrs. Goo.

 

Leeteuk could only watch Taeyeon from behind. He even eyed her legs, and luckily she’s wearing her house slipper. At least she won’t her herself with the broken glass at the floor.

 

Taeyeon stop laughing and her face turn cold and flat. She turn around and her eyes only look at one certain person. Mrs. Goo. she slowly walk to her, eyes never leaving her. And when it’s only a few steps away, she stop. She gave her a hard look.

 

“The moment you left.. You’re not my mom anymore.”

 

“For 23 years, the word eomma.. Has no meaning to me anymore.” she continued. Leeteuk could only sigh silently. It’s more easy to make Taeyeon and Jooeun to reconcile than Taeyeon and her mother.

 

She gave her a smirk. “What are you planning, Mrs. Goo?” she asked her lowly that somehow Mrs. Goo felt like shiver in her spin.

 

“Ani, Taeyeon-ah.. Eomma just-.”

 

“Geumanhae.” Taeyeon cut her quick. Mrs. Goo could only look at Taeyeon pleadingly.

 

Taeyeon gave her a cold glare. “Did they know you came here?”

 

Leeteuk look at Taeyeon then back to Mrs. Goo. he can see how Mrs. Goo fiddle with her fingers.

 

“I.. I didn’t tell them.” she said avoiding Taeyeon eyes.

 

“Wae? Are you afraid?” Mrs. Goo shook her head fast. She doesn’t want Taeyeon to misunderstand things.

 

“Ani.. Geunyang-” she couldn’t continued her words. She lied to herself. She don’t want Taeyeon to misunderstand things, but she also can’t explain to her. At first she’s confident to tell her own family about Taeyeon, but as she’s about to tell them, she’s back to close again and never told them. Why? She somehow afraid about their reaction. She’s afraid.. If she had to leave them, or they left her. But she’s also afraid if Taeyeon never want her back in her life. She’s really a selfish person in the world.

 

Taeyeon smirk. “You can’t even tell me.”

 

Leeteuk tilt his head. He know it clearly, and he didn’t mistake it. He saw Taeyeon eyes show how hurt she is, although it look different to her emotion now. He know her enough to know, she’s hurt by Mrs. Goo. he then averted his gaze to Mrs. Goo.

 

“Ga.” Taeyeon said flatly, and went to her room. Leaving Mrs. Goo with her misery.

 

Leeteuk only watch her without saying a word. Mrs. Goo then wipe her tears and look at Leeteuk, put up a smile. “I will leave then. Please take care of her.” and she walk away, leaving Taeyeon penthouse.

 

Leeteuk eyes the door that had closed, then to the broken glass and Taeyeon door. He exhaled. He walked to Taeyeon room and saw her inside her walk in closet. She did nothing but only sit at the chair. He walk to her and kneel before her, holding her hand.

 

“Let’s have breakfast, hm?”

 

Taeyeon nodded weakly. “Let me get change first.” Leeteuk nodded understand and left the walk in closet.

 

 

“Ya, ya, ya! Today is the inspection day!” Youngkwang enter the office in rush. Upon the word inspection, Hanjin and Bongsuk hurry to their table as they were playing the soccer pinball. They hurry took their seat, tidy their own table, and continued to click whatever it is in the computer. Youngkwang also no different that his friends. He also wipe his sweat and pretend to read the file at his table. Jooeun look at them in surprised. What’s inspection? The door open, revealing Donghae, walk in the office calmly. He eyed his own teammate and his eyes went to Jooeun.

 

Jooeun shrugged her shoulder and shook her head. Meaning she has no idea what’s happening right now.

 

“Timjjangninm, it’s inspection day.” Bongsuk called him. Donghae nodded his head, and took his seat. No wonder are acting weird.

 

Another minutes then the door open, revealing Taeyeon and Nayoung. The people in the room stand up to give her a bow, and Taeyeon nodded back to them. In her hand was a big book. The one she always use and bring when she’s having inspection. To write what had been lacking in every department, or the people that slacking from their job.

 

Taeyeon walk further to the room and eyed the room. She observed it carefully, making Hanjin, Bongsuk and Youngkwang nervous. Although they never had a complain from Taeyeon every inspection, but every time Taeyeon came it always succeed in making them nervous.

 

Taeyeon then walk to the workshop behind Jooeun. She didn’t said a word as she examined the room. She nodded her head. Then turn to the 4 people at the long table. The first person she saw was Jooeun since she’s standing not far from her. Jooeun gave her a light smile. Now she kinda get why Youngkwang was rushing to the office in a speed of light. Taeyeon always scary when she’s in her working mode.

 

She then turn around and inspect Hanjin table, and then went to Bongsuk table beside Hanjin. She didn’t make a comment, and Hanjin and Bongsuk somehow can breath in relief. Taeyeon then went to Youngkwang, her eyes look at his hand. Youngkwang was sweating as Taeyeon was looking at him. Oh please, Lord, Jesus and Buddha, please help me. He chanted at his mind.

 

“If you were doing nothing before I went in, better sit down then reading an upside-down report.” Youngkwang tensed. He raised the report he’s currently holding and mentally face palm himself.

 

Taeyeon look at the room one last time, then head out, followed by Jooeun. After Taeyeon went out, the people in the room can breath in relief. But soon they laugh. Youngkwang went sulky as he know what his friends is laughing about. How stupid is he. He didn’t even realize he’s holding the report upside-down. He has about two minutes before Taeyeon enter the room.

 

“Ya! Geumanhae..!” but his friends didn’t stop, and he went more sulku than he ever is. Donghae could only shook his head as he smile.

 

 

Taeyeon sigh. People in the room could only watch her in fear. Taeyeon eyes only dart to the only man that don’t even know Taeyeon is in the room since he’s sleeping. Nayoung behind Taeyeon look at the man in pity. She doesn’t know what Taeyeon will do to that man.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter