Chapter 10

What Is Love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After coming back from factory, Taeyeon kept working her off. She didn't get out from her room. Other may think it's already usual, but not for Leeteuk. He realized something changed in Taeyeon the moment they went back from the factory. Someing just off. But he doesn't want to disturb her for the moment. Maybe tomorrow he can ask her what happened. Although he believe, Taeyeon will not answer truely.

Until all employee had gone home, Taeyeon still didn't went out. Leeteuk deliberately waiting for Taeyeon, but she still didn't went out. Sighing defeat, Leeteuk decided to went out from his room to go home. Just his luck, Taeyeon went out the same time he went out. Taeyeon look up, seeing Leeteuk standing in front of his room, looking at her worriedly.

"You, alright?", Leeteuk ask softly. Watching Taeyeon expression but what he got just her flat expression.

Taeyeon look back at Leeteuk, watching those pair of eyes. The moment he ask her that question, her mind drifted to this afternoon incident. She control her expression in front of Leeteuk, and managed to nod her head, informing him that she's alright.

Leeteuk didn't convinced with her answer, but decided to let it go. They rode the elevator together, in silence. None of them made an effort to make a voice. Taeyeon too drowned in her, while Leeteuk just watching her.

They both walk together in parking lot, with Taeyeon ahead. Both of the car just park side by side. Taeyeon went to the driver side, when her hand touching the door handle, she stopped and looked up. Leeteuk still standing in his car side, watching Taeyeon every movement. Both them look at each other, when Taeyeon bow a bit to him and drive her car leaving the building. Leeteuk smile lightly after the car left. And soon, his car also leaving the building.

 

Taeyeon car sped fast in the night of Seoul. Her grip on the steer tightened. Her mind kept repeating this afternoon incident. That man. How she really hate that man. How she despised him. How that man had ruined her life. The more she thought, the more the car speed fast. She doesn't want to think about that man again, all her life is fine without him. Just her, alone, is good enough. She doesn't need another person into her life. She just need herself. Just herself.

"Hyung!", Sandeul waved to Leeteuk the moment he stepped into the cafe. Leeteuk noticed him sitting in a table, with a plate of cake and a glass of cappucino.

Sandeul had invited him to his mom cafe after work. A few days after they back to Seoul, Sandeul had moved into his mom house. The house that not as big as Leeteuk mansion, but the home look warm and homey. Soojin also live there together with Sandeul and his mom. The house also just 2 block away from he cafe. Sandeul is planning to came together with Leeteuk, but since Leeteuk is waiting for Taeyeon, Sandeul and Leeteuk went separetedly. Leeteuk sitting in front of Sandeul, and soon, a girl in her 15 came bringing the menu book for Leeteuk.

"Ah, Soojin, just tell eomma, the order for Leeteuk hyung. Eomma already knew it.", Sandeul told her, and after a nod, Soojin left to the kitchen.

"She seems young to be a waiter.", Leeteuk comment.

"She's Ahn Soojin, an orphan. My mom found her 2 years ago. Homeless, moneyless, and, starving. She's a good girl, she help my mom a lot. And just now, my mom said, she already mastered in a few recipe." Sandeul explained after sipping his cappucino.

Leeteuk nodded listening it. His eyes then wandered the cafe. Sandeul ever showed his mom cafe by the photo he took when he back to Canada. That time the cafe still not a big as this. One can tell the cafe grew bigger as time pass by.

"Your mom cafe look good." Leeteuk compliment.

Sandeul just smile. "I help her in design actually."

Just then, a woman in midst of 40 came out, bringing a plate of cake, and also a hot green tea in a tray. Despite the age, she still look young.  A face that look same with Sandeul.

"Aigoo. Is this Leeteuk, Sandeul-ah?", Sandeul mom then put the cake and tea in the table, serving it for Leeteuk.

"Ne, eomma. He is Leeteuk hyung, the one I told you."

Sandeul mom smile to Leeteuk, in which the later also smile back.

"Annyeonghaseyo, Mrs. Lee. I'm Park Jungsoo."

"Ohmy, just call me eomoni. Not need that formal.", Mrs. Lee smile warmly to Leeteuk, and sit in between of them in that round table.

"Ne, eomoni."

"Sandeul said he is inviting you, so I made the other cake for you. There's not much sugar in it, non-cholesterol one. Also, I made a green tea for you. Geogjeong hajimaseyo*. All of it is good for your health."

"Ah, kamsahabnida eomoni." Leeteuk bow lightly, feeling grateful to Sandeul mom.

Sandeul mom just pat him lightly, before leaving the two young man and back to her kitchen, busying herself baking a cake.

Leeteuk start to dig in the cake, and smile, the cake really delicious. It's been a long time since he ate this kind of food. The green tea also warm his body. Mrs. Lee just really good at this kind. Sandeul smile towards Leeteuk, he knew how his hyung really miss this kind of food since he are not allowed to eat this kind of food in the past.

"I can tell my mom to made another cake for you again next time." Sandeul suggested.

"Nah, don't mind me." Leeteuk waved dismissedly.

"Alright, then."

"The company is creating a new product now, so, hyung, don't work to hard. You heard me?"

Leeteuk laughed at Sandeul attitude. "Don't worry. I won't be working too hard. But.." Leeteuk paused midway. His eyes look pass Sandeul, making Sandeul worry for him.

"But what hyung?"

"I'm more worry for Taeyeon.", Leeteuk sipped in his green tea.

Sandeul furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. "You mean Director Kim, hyung?"

"Mmhmm. A workaholic person. With this new product, maybe she's like a robot. Working without resting."

Sandeul smiled teasingly. He leaned forward, his hand crossed in the table. Leeteuk a bit confused with his dongsaeng act.

"You're worried for Director Kim, hyung? Am I sensing what I'm thinking?" , he rubbed his chin using his index finger and thumb.

Leeteuk raised his eyebrow, thinking what Sandeul said. "What are you talking about?"

"You're worried over Director Kim. Is that worried as Chairman towards Director, or.." Sandeul hang his sentence. Making Leeteuk more curious.

"Or what?"

"Or a man towards a woman.", Sandeul leaned back, crossing his arm, and smile naughtily to him.

Leeteuk was stupefied for a while, before let out a chuckle. He shook his head towards Sandeul and sipped on his tea. Sandeul also sipped on his cappucino.

"Maybe both.", Leeteuk answered simply. Sandeul choke on his drink and kept patting his chest. Leeteuk didn't make any effort to help his dongsaeng and just continued to drink his tea.

Soojin just came out from the kitchen when she saw Sandeul kept patting on his chest. Panic, she ran over to Sandeul. "Oppa, you alright?", Soojin patting his back, help him to ease the choke.

Sandeul just managed a nod to her, waving his hand informing her that he is alright. But the worry still there in her face. Leeteuk cleared his throat, "Mmhm, maybe you can bring him a cup of water."

As if a realization hit her, Soojin ran back to kitchen and not long after bring back a cup of water.  Sandeul drink it in a blink of an eye.

"You okay now, oppa?"

Sandeul panting hard, and look at Soojin. His face was red from the choking. He let out a weak smile to her, telling her he is now alright now. Convinced, Soojin then left, serving the new customer that just entered in.

"Hyung! Why don't you help me?!", Sandeul whined.

Leeteuk just laughed at his dongsaeng, shaking his head. "Soojin already on help.", he nodded his head at Soojin direction that now serving customers. 

"If Soojin didn't come?"

"I will help you." Leeteuk just said easily.

"Aish, this hyung. Jjinja!" Sandeul shake his head.

“Why are you so surprised, huh?”

“Of course I am surprised. Yah, hyung. Tell me. You have a feeling for Director Kim?”

Leeteuk just shrugged his shoulder and sipped on his tea. He honestly still doesn’t know what kind of feeling he has for Taeyeon. But he will figured it soon. And the rest of the time just spend with both of them threw some silly jokes to each other. Ahh, feels like the past.

Leeteuk came in after knocking on the door. There, he spot Taeyeon in her work desk kept working without lifting her head eventhough there’s someone entered in. He then cleared his throat to catch her attention, and he succeed.

Taeyeon lift her head, looking at Leeteuk that still standing in the door, looking at her. His lift his right hand that was holding a plastic of food. Taeyeon stand up. But his eyes never leaving the food in his hand. Leeteuk of course acknowledge her confusions.

“I bought lunch for us both.”, he explained. He then walk towards the coffee table, lay out the food from the plastic.

Taeyeon walk slowly towards him, still looking at him that lay out the food in the table.

Leeteuk straightened himself, and faced Taeyeon. He can see the questioning stare from her eyes. He then answered it for Taeyeon, “We're having lunch."

Taeyeon eyes then gazed on the food in the table. One thing just catch her attention, chamomile tea. Still warm, that she can she the smoke of the tea.

Taeyeon head then snapped fast to Leeteuk direction, looking at the hand that now holding her wrist. Leeteuk had pulled her to sit, and he sit beside her. Taeyeon was still in dazed, be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter