Chapter 28

What Is Love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nayoung, Sandeul, Minah and Jookyung stand up to greet Taeyeon and Leeteuk as they arrived at the floor. Taeyeon look at them and give a short nod, then headed to her room. 4 of them can’t be happier when they saw Taeyeon finally came to company. For 3 weeks Taeyeon was absent from the company.

 

Leeteuk then give a nod to them and head to his own room. He also can’t be any happier now that Taeyeon had got better. She also has done her last therapy session. In which the doctor said she’s gone better that the first therapy, and there’s no need of therapy again. As long as Taeyeon can maintain not to work harder on her legs for a while.

 

Taeyeon look around her office, and took a seat at her usual place. She then start her usual routine. Thanks to Leeteuk she had been ground at her own penthouse for a week. Again. A knock on the door, and Nayoung enter bringing a few file for Taeyeon. Taeyeon was prohibited for any meeting for a while, that’s what Leeteuk order Nayoung to.

 

Taeyeon at first couldn’t accept how Leeteuk just prohibited her from any meeting. And don’t know how, Taeyeon just agree to him in the end. Weird for her. She never usually agree things with other people though. But when it’s Leeteuk she just easily agree and nodded her head. Is this what love can do, huh?

 

The appearance of Taeyeon had spread all around the company. And Jooeun had heard it from her own teammate. She had decided herself she would meet her later at lunch. She didn’t know what will happened later. Her memory then turn back to the last time she visited her. It didn’t went quite well. She admitted it. She start to feel like giving up. But then, giving up was the last thing she will do. Now is too fast to giving up.

 

She need Akira right now. Talking about Akira, she always hanging up on her whenever Jooeun call her. Resulting either her call was being rejected by Akira, or, Akira and her couldn’t talk for long at the phone. Akira says she always busy these days. Whatever. Jooeun will call her again when she’s not busy.

 

 

Jooeun halt her step when Taeyeon was inside the pantry. She look behind her and found no one in the hallway. She close the door and lock it. Click. It made a sound and Taeyeon look at her way. She then eyed the door, and her eyes turn to Jooeun icily. She pursed her lips, and ignore Jooeun that had made her way to her.

 

“I want to talk with you, Tae- Director Kim.” she said firmly.

 

Taeyeon ignore her. She then pick her glass and start to walk pass by Jooeun but her hand was being hold by Jooeun. Taeyeon stop in her step. Refuse to look at Jooeun right in the eye. Jooeun inhaled.

 

“Tell me, what should I do so that you would forgive me?”

 

Taeyeon just kept mum. She’s starting to feel tired of Jooeun. She sigh and look another way. Jooeun bit her lips in irritate. She then force Taeyeon to look at her, resulting the hot tea to pour at Taeyeon and her hand. Taeyeon just clenched her jaw irritate. Jooeun didn’t mind how hot the tea burning her hand right now.

 

“I know you recognize me. Why pretend you don’t know me?” though Jooeun said firmly, her eyes look hurts. She was hurt by how Taeyeon always look at her coldly and pretend they never meet each other before.

 

“You done?” Jooeun opened in disbelieving. Taeyeon then start to walk away. Putting her glass of tea aside as she don’t feel like drinking anymore. But she was then stumble back as Jooeun pull her back by force.

 

Taeyeon cursed inwardly and look at Jooeun. Her eyes glaring to her hard. Jooeun eyes b in tears as she hold onto Taeyeon shoulder. Preventing her from leaving again. She swallowed. Controlling her tears that are threaten to fall down.

 

“Tell me.. Tell me what should I do? Should I kneel in front of you? Or should you hit me?”

 

Taeyeon look at her hard. Her eyes full of hatred. “Just die, then I will forgive you.” she spat full of hatred. Jooeun look at her shocked. She shook her head. She slowly let go of Taeyeon and step back. “Is that how much you hate me?” she said lowly.

 

For Taeyeon, she not only hate her. Hate in an understatement. She despised her to death. Just breathing in the same air as her somehow make Taeyeon find it hard to breath. She loath her. Everything about her, Taeyeon hate it.

 

Taeyeon look at her for the last time and walk away. But Jooeun are not going to let Taeyeon go just like that. She took her hand again, but Taeyeon hand was fast. She turn to Jooeun and gave her a slap hard. Too hard that Jooeun stumble back in shock, holding her cheeks that had one red.

 

“Last warning. Never.. Appear in front of me. Again.” with that, Taeyeon open the door and left the pantry, heading to her office.

 

Jooeun still standing on the same spot in shock. Her eyes slowly let down the tears. She doesn’t what to say. She also didn’t know which one hurt. Her cheek that getting slap by Taeyeon, or Taeyeon words to her. But what she’s sure, her heart hurt much more than everything.

 

Unknown to them, there’s someone outside the pantry that watch everything. The person saw how Taeyeon just slapped Jooeun without guilt. And how she also left the pantry storming. He then walk to the door, took a peek at Jooeun that still standing blankly with tears streaming down her face.

 

 

“Here.” a hand appear in front of Jooeun with a can of coke. She look beside her and found Donghae, smiling warmly at her. She took the drink and just hold it without intend to drink it.

 

“Seems like the talk didn’t went well.” He said looking ahead as the wind slowly blow his hair. Messing his hair a little bit. They were at the rooftop. A wind that time was nice since it’s nearing winter.

 

“Mannhasseo?” she ask lowly.

 

Donghae just nodded his head as he study her side profile. She must have made something big to Taeyeon. It’s the first time Taeyeon ever slap person. No matter how annoying those person she never did any physical abuse. And seeing how she just slap Jooeun, something must be hard for Jooeun.

 

Both of them were in silence as they enjoy the wind that blow their hair slowly. Then Donghae frowned as what Jooeun just ask him.

 

“Will timjjangnim forgive a person, that cause you almost to death?” she asked him weakly.

 

He pondered for a while. “I definitely, won’t.” he said honestly.

 

Jooeun just chuckled weakly. She then look at the can. “Then, how should you forgive that person?”

 

“I don’t know.” he shrugged. “If I forgive that person.. Scars will stay. Things will be different.” he then look at Jooeun and look back at the view ahead of him.

 

“I.. almost cause her to death in the past.” she swallowed. “I should have save her, but I didn’t. I.. ran away.” a tears fall down from her eyes as she recall her memory. “I thought by running away will erase this guilt in me, but..” she choke as tears overtake her. She shook her head. “It always haunt me.. Every night.” she sobs.

 

Donghae look at her and leaned closer. Taking Jooeun in his embrace. And Jooeun cry in his shoulder. He doesn’t know what to do, he just pat her head slowly.

 

“Don’t give up, then.” he whispered to her. “Till you can took away your guilt, don’t give up.”

 

 

“Welcome to PK Group, Ms. Akimoto.” Leeteuk shook his hand with the young lad in front of her. A new person in marketing strategy team. After signing the contract, both him and Sandeul left the meeting room, together with the young lad. The young lady will start working right at the moment.

 

After showing and introducing her to the team, Leeteuk and Sandeul both left the department. Just as they were about to step in the elevator, Sandeul phone ring. Nayoung.

 

“Oh, Wae Nayoung-ah?” Leeteuk press the button heading to their floor.

 

Sandeul frown. “Okay. I got it.” he end the call. San

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter