Kwon Family

The Billionaire Problem
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Setting: Manhattan, New York

A Rolls Royce stopped in front of the Upper East Side Mansion in 12 E 69th Street Manhattan New York. Once parked, the bodyguard went out of the front seat and opened the door on the passengers seat. Jiyong stepped out.

The butler, male servant and maid standing in front of the staircase slightly bowed to Jiyong when he came out of the car and greeted him “Welcome Home, Sir”.

“It’s good to be home again, Alfred” Jiyong gave the old butler a hug. “Hello” he smiled at the maid and gave her a firm handshake. The male servant rushed down to help the chauffeur in getting Jiyong’s luggage out of the car trunk.

"Am i too late?" Jiyong asked as he loosen up his tie. The bodyguard and the maid pushed the golden gate at the foyer entrance.

"You're just in time Sir" Jiyong and the butler walked through the marbled foyer straight to the dining hall. Their footsteps echoed. The bodyguard stayed at the foyer entrance while the maid and male servant carried Jiyong’s luggage up his room.

Upon reaching the dining hall, the two male servants guarding the door opened the french door for them. The dining-room was exquisite, just like every part of the mansion, inspired by Versailles. The walls were covered with a shimmering gold paper and in the middle of the ceiling above the carved oak table was a swarovski chandelier.

Down the center of the long table was a runner with french design woven in gold and green into the fabric itself. At the end of the table were floor to ceiling french doors. The polished silver cutlery shone brightly in the evening light. The 26-seater table was prepared for four people that evening. There were plenty of food on the table.

“Jiyong, my grandson! You made it!” Jiyong’s grandmother said as she saw him enter the dining hall. She extended her arms for a hug. Jiyong hugged her tightly.

“Happy birthday Nana” Jiyong kissed her forehead and then gave her his gift.

“Awww, thank you. You shouldn’t have, you know how much I abhor gifts” Jiyong’s nana said, but she accepted his gift anyway.

“Oh, but this is special” Jiyong winked. His nana chuckled.

“How’s your travel son?” his father interrupted. Jiyong went near to him and gave him a man hug while saying “not too bad dad”. He then went to the seat across from his dad and sat. His grandmother is occupying the corner seat.

“I’m sorry I missed singing you a birthday song” Jiyong said as he looked at the Venezuelan chocolate cake that was being sliced by the maid.

“Oh that’s alright, when you reach my age, you’ll curse anyone who sings you that song” she chuckled. Jiyong and his dad chuckled as well.

The maid served him a slice of Venezuelan chocolate cake topped with 24-karat gold flakes and gold caviar. He smirked. “She’ll go berserk if she sees this” as he remembered Dara.

“How did your inspection in Cunard’s Line go?” his father asked as he slice his steak. Jiyong told him about his inspections on all the luxury ships and about other business matters. His grandmother intently listened while throwing questions here and there. Jiyong told them about his plan of going back to South Korea to personally handle the construction of the luxury hotel.

“I thought you have already decided to entrust it to someone else? Why the sudden change of mind?” his nana asked. She drank her wine.

“It’s a hotel we will build in Grandpa’s hometown. It’s our tribute for him. It’s just right that his grandson will manage the project” Jiyong answered. He took a bite of the cake.

Jiyong’s dad fell silent. Jiyong had always been very close with his grandfather. It even surpassed the bond between him and his dad. He nodded afterwards. “yes, you are right. If there’s anyone that should do it, it should be me. Unfortunately my hands are all tied handling our businesses here in America and Europe. Go ahead son.”

Jiyong’s nana looks half convinced. She can feel that Jiyong is hiding something from them. But today is not the right time to interrogate the boy. “I’ll corner him one of these days” she thought.

“You just arrived and you’re talking about leaving again?” said the young lady who came barging in the dining hall.

“Chaerin!” his nana said in surprise. “I thought you’ll not remember my birthday dearest” she added as Chaerin kissed her cheek.

“I wouldn’t forget it in the world Nana” Chaerin answered back and gave her a tight hug.

“Hey Chaerin, did you get caught in a barb wire or something? Why does your shirt have a lot of holes? Did also you forget to wear pants today?” Jiyong teased his sister while smirking.

Chaerin rolled her eyes “It’s called fashion, you idiot” she said as she walks to the farthest corner of the table.

“Why are

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter