The Assistant

The Billionaire Problem
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jiyong boredly tap his pen on his desk while the person he’s interviewing for the assistant position keeps on bragging about his achievements and how he can be a great asset to his company. Jiyong looked at him blankly and suddenly smirked when he thought of something that had happened two days ago.

FLASHBACK:

“AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!” Dara ran away from his as fast as she could, her face beet red due to humiliation.

Jiyong was left in the bus stop, clutching his stomach while laughing so hard.

He wiped a tear at the corner of his eye.

“That woman is really hilarious!” He thought.

END OF FLASHBACK:

Jiyong unknowingly smiled at the applicant while thinking of Dara.

“Mr. President, with your great leadership and my high qualifications, you can never go wrong in hiring me. We will be able to make this company into a greater success” the man braggingly smirked and sat proudly in his chair.

“Sir?” Walter asked to bring Jiyong back to reality. He knew he was daydreaming again. He was standing next to Jiyong, holding an ipad.

Jiyong briefly looked at Walter and realized what he’s doing.

He sat straight and intertwined his fingers while resting his elbows on the desk.

“I don’t need a kiss-. Leave.” Jiyong smiled sarcastically at the man sitting infront of him.

The man was in shock. “Wha… Wait… Sir!… please give me another chance!” he pleaded while he was being dragged by two of Jiyong’s guards out of the president’s office.

Jiyong sighed and rubbed his temple. “We’ve been looking for three days now for a suitable assistant. This is harder than I thought”

“There’s one more applicant waiting for today Sir. Although he’s not on par when it comes with academic achievements and job experiences with the other applicants. But he did meet your other requirement…. acting. He enrolled in an acting class when he was in College”.

Jiyong looked at Walter with interest. “Really now?” Jiyong relaxed and rested his back on his chair.

“Send him in” he ordered.

A man was seen stitting outside of the president’s office nervously rubbing his hands on his lap.

“I can’t believe I have reached the final interview even if I only have a year of experience in administrative job” he let out a deep sigh “I decided to change career and pursue entertainment… three years I spent in trying to make a break in acting and singing but… no use…. I just wasted my time” he thought sadly.

He then vigorously shook his head after. “Yah, there’s no need to think of the past. My dad is right, I’m not fit to be an actor or singer! I should just forget about it” he smiled bitterly.

His thought was broken when the secretary outside the president’s office asked him to come in.

“Mr. Kang Daesung, the president will see you now” she said as she opens the door for him. Daesung bowed and said thank you. Upon entering the office, he saw a man sitting at the marbled desk. He’s surprised to see how young the president is.

“We look like we’re about the same age!” he thought.

“Please sit down Daesung” Jiyong smiled and offered him the seat infront of him.

“T..th..thank you Sir” Daesung stammered. He nervously sat on the chair.

“Show me your acting skills” Jiyong said with glint on his eyes, full of interest. His serious lips slowly turned into a mysterious smile.

“EHHHHH???!!!” Daesung was dumfounded.

Suddenly Jiyong’s smartwatch vibrated indicating that there’s someone calling him. He ignored it for a while but cancelled the call eventually without even looking at his smartwatch.

“Go on” he smiled. He sat straight, intertwined his fingers and rested his elbows on the desk while looking intently at Daesung.

 

MEANWHILE….

Dara gave out a long sigh. She was sitting crosslegged on the floor of her room. Her shoulder slumped and she’s intently looking at her phone.

“What will I do? Should I call him and explain to him everything? That it was just a misunderstanding?!” Dara slapped her face

“Yah! Dara! You’re so stupid! How can you even say you want to squeeze his ?! You’re really ert! ” she frustratingly cried and let out a scream. She kicked her legs and pulled her hair.

She looked at her phone again, Jiyong’s number is showing on the screen.

“Yah! Why didn’t you say you understand Korean before?! If I knew, this whole thing wouldn’t have happened!” She kept on poking her phone screen, but making sure she wouldn’t call him.

Suddenly her room door opened, Sandara was startled to see her mom poke her head around her door.

“Dara it’s time to eat dinner” Her mom said and closed the door again before Dara can even give her answer.

Dara looked at her phone afterwards. It was ringing.

“Otokee!!!! I accidentally called Jiyong!” she screamed. She threw her phone and scooted away from it.

Suddenly, she real

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter