It's Showtime

The Billionaire Problem
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

ONE MONTH PASSED…

 

“I’m home!” Dara announced as soon as she enters their house. She just came home from work.  She can hear voices talking as she walks further in. She immediately squinted her eyes and gritted her teeth as soon as she recognizes one of the voices that she’s been hearing far too often. “That guy is here again!” she stomped angrily towards the kitchen.

 

“YAH! KWON JIYONG! Why do you keep on coming to our house?!” Dara angrily shouts at Jiyong as soon as she reached the kitchen. She put her hands on her waist as a sign of defiance. Jiyong had been their constant dinner guest four times a week for a month now. He also accompanies Dara and her mom going grocery shopping on Saturdays and to church on Sundays. Dara’s becoming pretty uneasy that her family is starting to get very close to Jiyong. When he’s not around, they feel incomplete as a family. She’s scared that when Jiyong leaves, her parents, especially her mom will be very sad.

 

“Welcome home Darong” Jiyong looked up from chopping spring onions and smiled sweetly at her, unfazed by her feisty attitude. He’s wearing a flowery apron lent by Dara’s mom, but that didn’t lessen his manliness in Dara’s eyes. Infact, she finds him more attractive in his cooking outfit. She quickly scanned his clothing. He’s wearing navy blue slacks and rolled up white long sleeves shirt underneath the apron. He’s not wearing any necktie and he ed the first two buttons of his shirt because he felt hot.

 

He slightly bent down to continue chopping again, showing his collarbone and a bit of his chest. Dara  quickly diverted her gaze to the table. The flowers on the table caught her eyes. She squinted and felt pissed off. She knows Jiyong brought it for her mom. Dara couldn’t help but to feel jealous.

 

“Seriously, don’t you have a house to go home to? You’re here four times a week, eating dinner with us!... Yah! Just tell me if you don’t have any money, I’ll lend you!” she said while she puts down her bag on the chair beside the chair where Jiyong’s suit and tie are hanged.

 

Jiyong smirked. “You should blame your mom. She kept on inviting me.”

 

Jiyong looked up at Dara and seriously asked “Are you serious about lending me money? Can you lend me 8,900,000.00 won?” 

 

Dara’s mouth fell open. Why is he asking her money as big as $8,000?!

 

“Yah… no way I’m gonna lend you money that big! What do you think of me? ...Do I look rich to you?!”

 

“You said you’ll lend me so…” he snickered.

 

“Dara… don’t be angry at Jiyong. He’s all alone here in Korea. We should take care of him.” Dara’s mom butted in. She was just behind Jiyong, busily stirring the soup on the stove.

 

“JIyong can you give me the spring onions you chopped?” she asked. Jiyong passed the chopping board to her. Dara’s mom puts in the spring onion in the soup.

 

“We’ll be eating in a minute” she said as she covers the pot.

 

Suddenly the doorbell rang. “Oh! Someone’s at the door. Yeobo can you open it!” her mom shouts at her dad who’s watching tv in the living room. Dara’s dad got up and opened the door. Dara and Jiyong headed out to see who is it. They reached the living room just in time when the guest also  walked in the living room together with Dara’s dad.

 

“Oy Bom! What are you doing here!” Dara eyes widened  as soon as she saw Bom enter the living room with her dad.

 

Bom shrugged her shoulders and said nonchalantly “I don’t like the food in our house so I came here to eat dinner”

 

Dara scratched her head in irritation. Bom has a habit of dropping by anytime she wants to their house even before she met Jiyong. She lives two bus stops from Dara’s house. 

 

“Bom, why didn’t you come for dinner last week?” Jiyong butted in.

 

“My relatives  from Seoul are here for vacation so I couldn’t go out”  Bom replied. She turned her head to the kitchen and saw Dara’s mom coming out of the kitchen. She immediately ran towards her.

 

“Ommaaaa!!! I’m hungry!!!” Bom shouted while running towards her . She hugged her tightly while jumping. 

 

“Bommie you’re just in time, we’re about to eat” Dara’s mom smiled and pat her back.

 

“What’s the food?”

 

“Kimchichige, bulgogi and samgyetang”

 

“kyaaaahhh!!! my favorite!” Bom made a victory dance

 

“Oh yeah~~~ oh Yeah~~” she sang while enthusiastically stomping her feet and making  circular motions with her arms.

 

Jiyong couldn’t help to chuckle seeing Bom’s randomness. Dara pulled her hair in frustration and then massaged her temples. Before it’s only Bom who keeps on invading their house. Now it’s the two of them!

 

“Dara, halmoni called. What time will you arrive at the train station on the weekend?” Dara’s mom asked.

 

“Same time as last year Omma”

 

“Oh, is it harvest time already? Tell halmoni I’m gonna come too!” Bom butted in.

 

Jiyong silently listened and looked at them. Dara noticed him.

 

“you can’t come” she said in a serious tone.

 

Jiyong raised his one eyebrow while looking at her.

 

“Jiyong-ah, tonight is the game of Manchester United vs FC Barcelona” Dara’s dad turned his head towards Jiyong while he’s sitting down on the sofa. The tv in front of him is showing the soccer game time schedule.

 

“Oh really?”

 

“Yeah, It’ll start half an hour from now. We can watch after dinner.”

 

“Oh! great!” Jiyong exclaimed. Dara’s dad had grown fond of Jiyong too.  Sometimes, when Jiyong comes to visit, after dinner both men will have a chat with each other over a bottle of beer or watch sports together.

 

“Okay, girls help me to set up the table so we can finally eat” Dara’s mom walked back in the kitchen.

 

“Neh” Bom and Dara answered  and followed her.

 

TWO DAYS PASSED…

 

“Keep your back straight when you’re sitting  down” Jiyong reminded Daesung when he noticed him slouch on his armchair. Daesung immediately sat up straight and looked at Jiyong.

 

They’re spending their afternoon break  at a luxurious coffee shop nearby the Lotte World building. Jiyong figured this is the right time to check what proper etiquettes did Daesung learn from his personal trainer.

 

Daesung consciously fixed his Armani suit. Weeks ago,  Jiyong sent Daesung to his personal stylist and tailor to  buy and make Daesung’s luxury office clothings from Armani, Dior, Dolce and Gabbana, Ralph Lauren, Versace, etc to perfectly fit his size.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter