Club Octagon

The Billionaire Problem
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dara’s dad let out an irritated grunt as he kept on pressing the remote to change the tv channel. He’s gripping the remote so hard, his knuckle is turning white. 

“Stupid shows” he muttered, still flicking. 

“Will you stop that?!” Dara’s mom sat straight from lying down on the sofa to look straight at him.

“Look, I know you’re upset because I let Dara  go out with Jiyong tonight. But we know Jiyong, I’m sure she’s in good hands” she said. 

“We’ve only known Jiyong for a few months. We haven’t even talked to his family. He could be lying for all I know.” he replied. His attention, still on the tv. 

Dara’s mom sighed. “Dara’s old enough to do whatever she likes. She wanted to go out with Jiyong, so I let her be.”  She held her husband’s hand that was resting on the armchair.  “Jagiya… Dara’s already 27… not 16… if she’ll get heartbroken, then so be it... her experiences will just make her stronger”. She gently squeezed his hand. 

Dara’s dad stopped changing the tv channel. He stared at the newscaster telling the news but his attention was with his wife. He knows she is right...Dara can do whatever she likes. But as a father, he cannot help but be protective of his only daughter. After all, this is the first time she had shown liking to a man. Sure... he likes Jiyong. He finds him interesting and very easy to talk to, but there’s something in him that makes him wary… Perhaps, him being close to Dara is the reason for the prejudice he felt. 

He sighed and put down the remote on the coffee table in front of him. “I’m going to bed.” he said and headed up the stairs. 


CLUB OCTAGON

Dara, slightly blinded by the dazzling lights inside the club, covered her eyes with her left hand.. Jiyong's grip on her right hand tightened as they squeezed their way up to the second floor. 

The dance music the international DJ's playing is booming is so loud, Dara can feel her heart palpitating. She squinted her eyes to see her surroundings. There were a lot of people in the club. Most of them were dancing without a care in the world. Some were talking and drinking at the tables spread out in the club. The whole place was filled with music, chatter, shouts and laughter. 

As Dara continued to look around, she realized that this is not just an ordinary club. Expensive liquors were everywhere. People were dressed so fashionably...some just weird and crazy. The smell of expensive perfumes and cigarette smoke lingers in the air. The women looked like they came out of magazines. 

Distracted, she accidentally brushed her shoulder with one of the women's arms while walking. The lady's cocktail almost spilled, causing her and her model-like friends to automatically look at Dara. 

"Ss.. sorry" she whispered while looking at the lady. 

The lady looked at Dara from head to toe. She gave a short laugh and said something inaudible to her friends. Her friends laughed afterwards too looking at Dara. 

Dara’s cheeks blushed. She gripped her jacket tightly. Even though she didn't hear them, she knows they're laughing at her outfit. 

"What am I thinking? I shouldn't have worn jeans, a jacket and sneakers. I look like I'm gonna go to the park! I should have worn something more like a dress!" she inwardly scolded herself. 

Jiyong did tell her they're gonna go to a club. But she didn't bother making herself pretty because… well...she doesn't know how to make herself pretty. If only she had told Bom, she would have made her look like Beyoncé. 

"STAY CLOSE TO ME" Jiyong said loudly and gave her a quick glance. Not knowing what just happened, he continued to guide her towards the staircase. 

The second floor is more quiet and cozy, although you can still hear and feel the booming music. 

"Right here" Jiyong guided her in one of the private rooms. He keyed in the password on the keypad and the door opened. 

"HEEYYYY!..." people from inside the room shouted. One of the guys stood and walked towards Jiyong to give him a bro hug. 

Dara barely noticed what's happening. Her attention was captured by the room. She couldn't help but be in awe with the ceiling that's been covered with what looked like thousands of stars. They glitter more brightly as the lights from the DJ stage reflect from it. The room was directly facing the stage. It has a see through glass that can be opened if they want to listen to music or closed if they want privacy. 

"Swarovski crystals" One of the guys who was sitting down said. 

Sandara's eyes darted towards him. He had a smirk on his face and was staring at her with playful eyes. She guessed he was the youngest since his face looks young. Her gaze transferred to the guy sitting beside him. He was looking at her too, but with a stoic expression while smoking his cigarette. 

"You must be Dara." the guy beside Jiyong spoke. He extended his hand for a handshake and smiled. "I'm Youngbae." 

"Hello" Dara smiled too and accepted the handshake. 

Jiyong held her elbow and guided her to sit on the sofa. While walking, she couldn't help to notice how soft and comfortable the floor carpet was. She suddenly thought of marshmallows. She discreetly caressed the velvet sofa as they sat down "omo, this is so smooth and comfortable!" Dara thought. Jiyong's friends sat across them. A black marbled table with gold lines is in their middle. Shot glasses, expensive snacks, lighters and ashtrays were scattered on it. 

"Seungri" the youngest introduced himself. He put his hand under his chin and continued to stare at her while grinning. "You're very pretty but you lack fashion sense". He added. 

Dara scowled. 

"Top" the guy next to Seungri spoke. He gave her a little salute and then put his cigarette back to his lips. 

She nodded timidly in reply. She felt awkward...She's never been with a bunch of guys before, more so in a club. However she didn't feel scared or nervous. Her intuition is telling her that they're safe. 

"All of them look very handsome...but on different scales" she thought while giving them a quick scan. "Seungri looks like a cute and naughty next-door neighbor… Youngbae looks like an Angel in disguise… Top looks like a ruthless, classic tuxedo-wearing son of a "...

She looked at Jiyong and thought "while he looks like a combination of ruthless-classic and beautiful... "

Her train of thoughts got broken when the door suddenly opened. 

"Sorry I'm late" the newcomer said. 

"AH! Daesung! My good friend! Welcome!.. I'm beginning to worry you wouldn't make it!" Seungri stood up and enthusiastically opened his arms wide towards Daesung as if giving him an air hug. 

Daesung let out a feeble laugh and began to walk towards Jiyong. 

"Mr. President, Thank you so much for the helicopter ride. If we took the train, the travel from Busan to Seoul  would have been very long." Dara stood up and gave a bow. 

Jiyong made up a story to Dara a few hours ago that his friend Seungri, is also a friend of Kang Daesung, the president. Because of Seungri, he was able to get the assistant of the president position.

" Of course…He couldn't land that job easily without a connection". Dara thought when they had that conversation. 


Youngbae's lips formed a thin line. He has been informed earlier by Top of this sham that Jiyong had started. He doesn't agree with it one bit. Feeling the intense stare that Youngbae is giving him, Jiyong tried his best to not look at his direction. 

"Oh you lend them a helicopter? That's very good of you, my friend!" Seungri clapped his hands. He is enjoying this too much. "but why didn't you arrive with them?" 

"I.." Daesung cleared his throat while fixing his tie. ".. need to finish some paperwork" 

"Drinks, anyone?" Top interrupted. He raised his hand to signal the waiter to come. 

Dara looked at the waiter walking towards them. He's coming from the room's personal bar. She noticed that they have their own bartender too. The waiter asked them what they wanted. Jiyong ordered "Clase Azul Tequila" for himself and "Mai Tai" for Dara. He remembered that Dara loved that cocktail drink. Daesung said he wanted the same as Jiyong's (since he doesn't know expensive alcohol). 

"Do you know that we're MILLIONAIRES??" Seungri leaned in forward to Dara. His face etched with curiosity while waiting for her reaction. 

"YES! I KNOW YOU'RE FILTHY RICH. YOU DON'T NEED TO RUB IT IN MY FACE!" Dara scathingly replied. This Seungri is an ! and conceited! she screamed in her mind. 

"Oooohh~~feisty.." Top chuckled. Jiyong smirked and Taeyang couldn't stop laughing, while Daesung had this expression in his face like he's gonna have to poop soon. 

"I'm a President too you know! You should respect me like Daesung. . ." Seungri looked aghast. 

"And why should I respect you?! Mr. Kang lent us a helicopter and was a gentleman!....WHILE YOU HAVE BEEN NOTHING LIKE AN ! INS

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter