Chapter 20

It's All Part Of The Bet

Bora's POV

Stuck in the classroom with my classmates bickering over the theme of our prom, I found myself wondering where Yul is. She was supposed to be here awhile ago but I have already bore a hole on the door due to my endless stare but there was no sight of her.. or Jongin. My guts were making me anxious, was there something going on? I checked my phone for any texts or missed calls but there were none, it only made me feel more anxious."Bora! What theme would you like for our prom? Great Gatsby or something.. magical?" My classmate asked me but I was too distracted to make an educated and calculated answer so I opted for the fancy magical theme, I could already imagine me going to our venue clad in a black ball gown with glitters on its hem like I just descended from heaven and brought the stars with me and Jongin wearing a black suit that matches mine. I felt myself blush from the thought.

A notification popped out of my phone screen and I hastily opened it, wishing it would be Yul or Jongin, but it was an unregistered number. I didn't want to open it because it might be another blank text but it had an attached recording with a note, "Open it. It's a gift. If you're still curious upon listening, come to the rooftop." I clicked the recording and I recognized Jongin's voice.. but as soon as I heard the word bet, I felt like my whole world collapsed. It was Hyo's conversation with Jongin regarding their bet to get in a relationship with me, confused as I was, I ran out of the room and headed straight to the rooftop where I passed by Yul and Sehun. They both called for me but I ignored them and continued my way towards the rooftop. The sight before me shocked me more than expected, there he was standing in front of Hyoyeon and she kissed him on his cheek. Does it mean that he won the bet? Are they together now?

"Ciao, Jongin." I heard Hyoyeon say then shot him a wink. I was frozen in place and heard her whisper a soft good luck at me as she nudged me on my shoulder. I made small steps towards him, a sad smile plastered on my face. "Jongin.. who won the bet?" I asked him quietly, trying to hold back my tears. He looked perplexed and tried to reach for me, but I avoided his touch. "Was it you, huh? Was it her? You did this to prove a point that everyone loves you? Well.. I'm sorry, but I'm not in love with you. You might as well just be with Hyoyeon." I was surprised with the words leaving out of my lips when I was feeling the opposite but she can't give him the satisfaction of seeing him break down. "No, love.. No one won the bet, I tried to tell her that I want to stop it because I am falling in love with you..Jongin replied with a low voice. "Cut the crap, Jongin. Everyone knows that you are a playboy and you don't settle for less. You won't settle with a girl like me, well, I am glad! I don't need you in my life." I felt heart breaking when I said those words but he does not deserve my heart and I do not deserve this.

"Please, love.. Let's talk about this when you are not upset. He enveloped me into his arms, holding me close to his chest but I pulled away and slapped him. "No, Jongin. It's over. I don't want to talk to you ever again." I turned my back against him and walked away.

Every step away from him felt like eternity, I was waiting for him to run after me but he did not. I guess, it's the end.

 

Jongin's POV

Bora left me.

She left me.

I was looking at her retreating figure and all the memories flashed before me, her smiles, giggles, hugs, and kisses. Everything was real with her, my feelings for her were true, but I had messed it up. My head was in chaos as I walked to my classroom, avoiding the stares of my peers as I entered the room and noticed that Bora was not there. Everyone was going on and about the classroom for our prom this coming Friday and a plan suddenly popped into my head.

I will make up for everything, Bora. I will show you how much I love you.