Chapter 18

It's All Part Of The Bet

Author’s POV

                Yuri was about to slap the out of Jongin when Sehun interrupted, standing between his girlfriend and half-brother. “You better get out in front of me, Sehun.” She said through her gritted teeth, her eyes fiery like hell. Bora was her best friend, she listened every night to Bora’s stories about how perfect her relationship with Jongin, how she feels so happy in his arms, how she feels so in love with him, and this? This was all she would get? Heck Yuri would allow this bastard to walk out here without any injury. “Babe, calm down. Let my brother explain.” Sehun said, his hand stretching to caress her hair but she yanked it away.

                “Calm down? You know better than I won’t.” She rolled her eyes before glancing at the statue-like Jongin behind Sehun. “Oi. I’m giving you five minutes to explain this to me before I beat the out of you, with or without Sehun between us.” Yuri looked at Sehun and gave him You-Better-Step-Away-From-Me look.

                 Jongin heaved a sigh as he placed his hand on the back of his head, his eyes closing momentarily. He was not a religious person but he found himself mumbling the words, ‘Jesus, help me’, before he starts telling Yuri everything. Whenever Jongin said something stupid, Yuri would either snicker or hiss at him, but he set it aside. “That’s what happened, I mean, it was just a bet at first, but I really am in love with her now. I’m truly, madly, and deeply in love with her. You can hit, slap or punch me, but please help me, I don’t want to lose her.”

                 Yuri ran her fingers through her hair, closing her eyes momentarily to relax herself a bit. It was pure bull, but she didn’t want Bora to have her heart broken either. “Will you tell her everything too?” She looked at Jongin, her arms folding under her chest. “I do, but not now.” Yuri clicked her tongue and shook her head. “Why don’t you just pretend like the bet didn’t happen? Like, call off the bet with Hyoyeon and be happy with Bora.” Jongin shook his head, an exasperated sigh escaping his lips. “I’ve thought of that too, but I want to tell Bora. I don’t want to feel guilty.” Yuri looked at Sehun to ask for his opinion and she almost chuckled when she saw how innocent his expression was.

                 “Sehun, what do you think?”

                 “Ah, you should probably tell Bora as soon as possible. What makes you think that Hyoyeon wouldn’t tell her? To be honest, I don’t know why you can’t see that Hyoyeon is obsessed with you.”

                 Jongin raised an eyebrow at his brother and shook his head. “What the f---“ Jongin wasn’t able to finish his sentence when they heard a clap from the door. “Now what do we have here?” Hyoyeon said with a wide smile plastered on her face.

 

A/N: I'M SO SORRY THAT IT TOOK ME MONTHS TO UPDATE. ;; I LOST INSPIRATION OF WRITING IM REALLY SORRY BUT HERE'S A CHAPTER NOW!! IT'S PRETTY TY BUT I HOPE YOU GUYS WILL LIKE IT. I LOVE YOU GUYS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!!