Chapter 19

It's All Part Of The Bet

Author's POV

 

Jongin, Sehun, and Yul all looked at Hyoyeon who was slowly making her way towards them, a smile plastered on her face. She was clearly toying with them, and Jongin found himself suppressing the urge to shout at her. "So, Jongin lost the bet. He fell in love with Bora." Hyoyeon remarked with utter disgust as she glanced at Jongin's direction. "Hyoyeon, I want out of this bet. I don't want to hurt her." He pleaded, but Hyoyeon only answered with a short laugh that annoyed Yul.

"Hyoyeon, stop this and let them be!" Yul shouted and charged at Hyoyeon's direction, but Sehun quickly held her back. She shot him a glare but he only shook his head as if to say 'this is not your fight'. She heaved a deep sigh then stayed beside him. "I can't let them be when my heart is at stake here. Jongin, I only said I wanted albums of BTOB and BEAST to throw you off my real intention. I knew you were going to say that if Bora were not to fall in love with you, we'll be together, and I wanted that. I wanted to be yours!" Hyoyeon's honest confession made Jongin, Yul, and Sehun surprised. All of them knew that Hyoyeon had something with Jongin but not this far, they only thought that she was just a clingy best friend who wanted his attention all to herself. "Hyo, I was not the same man I used to be, being with Bora changed me.He replied, crossing the distance between them to stand directly in front of Hyoyeon.

"No, stop it! I don't want to hear anymore of this. You lost the bet, right? It's only fitting that I get to ruin your life too." An evil smirk ghosted Hyoyeon's visage as she fished her phone out of her pocket and sent Bora the voice recording of Jongin agreeing to the bet. Jongin tried to stop her actions but it was already too late, Hyoyeon had planned it for a week. 

"You !!" Yul screamed at her, fighting over the hold of her boyfriend. She broke free of it then slapped Hyoyeon and Jongin. "You are the absolute worst. I don't want to see you near Bora even if your sorry says that you love her." Yul stormed out of the rooftop followed by Sehun which left the two alone on the rooftop. "Hyo, you know that I could never love you in the way you expect me to. I only see you as a friend." Jongin calmly explained but Hyo's eyes were determined. "Then it's your fault for ruining this chance with her by agreeing on this stupid bet." Hyo whispered softly then opened the notification on her phone.

"Looks like Bora already heard the recording." Hyo smirked then moved closer to Jongin. "Remember, you brought this upon yourself." She tiptoed then gave him a kiss on the cheek which Bora witnessed since Hyo also told her to come to the rooftop so they could talk.