Chapter 13

It's All Part Of The Bet

Author’s POV

                Jongin’s  smile faded as he read the text over and over again. He felt like someone is playing a trick on him. ‘Could it be possibly Hyoyeon?’ Of course, they were the only ones who knew about the dare, but her number was registered on his phone. ‘Did she use another sim card?’ Well, that is also possible, but he knew that Hyoyeon was not that kind of person. He lets out a groan, still pissed on why he can’t figure out who the mysterious sender is. His long, slender fingers started touching the screen of his keyboard as he thought of a reply to that sender. He kept on erasing his supposedly reply because it was too vague.

                As he was still busy typing, Bora opened her eyes to ask what time is it. “Chunji-ah, what time is it?” She mumbled softly, still feeling a little weak. Jongin kept his phone on his pocket and looked at her. “I’m not Chunji. I’m Jongin and it’s already 6 pm.” Bora nodded slowly as she digested what he said. ‘Jongin..Jongin.. what?!?!’ She slowly raised her upper body up, her face mixed with confusion and sadness. “Jongin…

                A grin crept on Jongin’s face as he heard her voice called out his name. “Much better. How are you feeling, princess?” Bora’s face immediately flushed when he called her with the nickname he often calls her. “I’m feeling uhm.. good. But, you. What are you doing here?” Her head cocked to the side, still confused on why he was there. He did not visit her for the past days, and that made her worry for him, but based on his appearance nothing happened to him. “Is it bad to visit my girlfriend? I was worried on where you could possibly be. Sungmin just told me that you’re confined in this hospital.” His raised his left eyebrow as he crossed his arms. “No, it is not. But you aren’t that concerned for me, right?” Bora faked a smile at him and continued. “If you really were, you would’ve checked on where I was the day I was not around.. But.. you didn’t.” Her voice cracked as the tears she had been holding finally fell down. Jongin’s chest tightened at the sight of her crying so he pulled her to a hug, her face buried on his chest. She bit her lower lip to muffle the sound she was making as she cried. “I’m sorry, princess. I’m sorry.” Jongin felt sad as she continued crying, he wanted to stop those tears that fell from her beautiful eyes but he didn’t know any way.

                Bora’s eyes widen in shock as she felt his warm lips on hers, hugging her even tighter. Jongin raised her left hand, wiping the skin under her eyes. “Please don’t cry anymore, princess. I’m really sorry. I was a jerk. I don’t want to see you crying so please, stop.” He looked at her, straight into her eyes which were full of sadness that made his chest tighten even more. “I promise not to make you cry anymore. I promise.” Jongin whispered on her ear which made Bora feel happy.

 

 

                Chunji entered the room while holding a tray which contains Bora’s medicines and a glass of water. His bright smile disappeared when he saw Bora and Jongin hugging each other tightly. He cleared his throat which made the two pull away from the hug. “Here are your medicines, Bora. I think I’m not needed now, so.. I’ll go home.” He placed the tray on the table beside her bed and hurriedly walked out the place. Once he was outside, he touched the part of his chest where his heart was located. “Why are you hurting so much?” He hit his chest with his hand and sighed.

                

 

Author's Note:

I'm sorry for not updating. TT u TT Bad author. I'm finally back! I'll be updating this regularly.. Once a week? If I'm not that busy! heeeh. I hope you like this update. <3