Chapter 14

It's All Part Of The Bet

Author's POV

                 Bora's condition was getting better and better as time goes by. She was already out of the hospital, but the doctor adviced that she should still rest. She was worried that she might have trouble catching up on the lessons that she missed. "Ugh. What should I do?" She asked herself, feeling boredom taking her body again. She picked her phone up from the side table and blood rushed to her cheeks when she read the messaged from Jongin. 

             'Good morning princess. You should take your meds and don't forget to eat. I'll drop by your house as soon as my classes are finished. Ily.

 

              Jongin started to treat her differently since that day where she told him that he wasn't really concerned with her. He started making efforts towards her, texting her every hour to check on how she's doing. It was weird at first because she was not used to this side of Jongin, but when she has finally adjusted, her feelings started to bloom even more. "Aigoo, Jongin-ah. You never fail to make my heart beat fast." She shook her head as she lay her phone on the table.

             Bora was busy reading her favorite book, Thirst, when she heard someone knock on her front door. 'Who would visit me in the afternoon?' She asked herself, tying her hair into a messy bun as she went out of her room to open the door and see who that person is. Her jaw dropped when she saw Sungmin and Yul in front of her, wearing their onesie. "Uhm, guys.. What's with that..?" She covered to stop her from laughing at the two. 

              Sungmin's brow wiggled as he nudged on Yul's side. "I told you it's embarrassing and she wouldn't like it." Yul nudged back at him, pinching his arm. "Shush, Minnie. We are still not yet done. Back to our character. Focus." Yul ordered which made Sungmin frown. "Hello! I'm puppy Minnie.." Sungmin shouted as he placed both of his hands under his face, tilting his head to the side. "and I'm the goddess- I mean, the kitty Yullie!" Yul said calmly as she made a cat pose. "And we're here to make sure Bora's condition better by feeding her fries!" Bora couldn't help but to laugh. Her friends were weird but she really liked it.

 

            It seemed like time passed by really quickly when she's with her friends. They were just talking about some random things and to their surprise, it was already 5:30 pm. "Bora. I have to go now." Yul puffed her cheeks, she didn't want to go but she needs to. Sehun is waiting for her outside because the two of them agreed to hang out. "Oh.. I see." Bora replied, her voice almost inaudible. "We'll drop by tomorrow again! I'm really sorry, Bora! Rest now okay? We don't want Jongin to kill us because we tire you out! Bye." Yul waved at her but she noticed Sungmin not leaving his place. She pulled his collar and went outside.

               Bora felt boredom and loneliness again when her friends left her. "Aish, I really missed those two." She started to clean up the mess they did when they were eating, and she noticed that Yul left the onesie. "Aigoo, that girl. She forgot to put her onesie on her bag when she changed outfit." She shook her head, a smile formed on her lips as she remembered her friends' dorkiness again.

               A knock was heard again, and she thought to herself that it must be Yul. "I guess she came back for her onesie." But when she opened the door, she got shocked. A little boy was smiling brightly while holding a bouquet of fries. "Noona, a handsome hyung asked me to give you this." She crouched down so that she'll be on the same level with the little boy. "Oh really? I must say thank you to that guy and to you too." She giggled softly as she extended her arm to pinch the little's boy cheek. The boy handed her the bouquet and smiled. "Bye bye noona!" The boy said as he waved at her. 

              "Aigoo, it must be Sungminnie..but he's not handsome.." She picked up three pieces of fries from the bouquet and ate it happily. "Well, I must still thank him." She stood up, smelling the fries again. It was like heaven in Earth, oh how she loves fries. 

               "Princess.." Jongin mumbled softly, making Bora lift her head up. was slightly agape when she saw him holding a life sized teddy bear. "Well, it's our 1st monthsary so I wanted to surprise you. Did you like the bouquet? I stalked your account yesterday and I found out that you like that kind of bouquet more. Uhm, I know that this is still not enough for my wrong doings but I promise, I'll change for you. I love you." She didn't expect to hear those words from him. The rim of her eyes started heating up as she ran towards him. Jongin opened his arms widely, waiting for his girlfriend to come in his arms. Once she was already in his arms, he wrapped her arms around her tightly and whispered. "I really love you."